Pick Up Vehicle Users

• 2 weeks later...

when the Chevy Colorado was first announced, Chevrolet said it can wade up to 700mm of water.

then the new Ford Ranger was shown being tested in Australia. it was announced that it was designed to wade in water up to 800mm deep.

by the time the Colorado got here, Chevrolet said it can wade up to 800mm of water.

did they redesign / reengineer before the release? did they relocate the ECU to a higher place? if so, how was it done? was it just remedial engineering?

having said all of this, for me, the most reliable pickup is the Isuzu D-Max. tough and fuel-efficient.

the power output, 146 hp, may be a lot lower than the newer models of Nissan, Ford, Chevy, and Mitsubishi, but it still manages to carry on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Really?? Hybrid ata to na version?

Sir, so far wala pa naman nirerelease dito sa PH na pick-up truck na hybrid. As far as I know, ang hybrid pa lang sa market na meron dito sa Pinas would be the Toyota Prius and the Honda CR-Z.

Anyway going back with the Ranger. Yung best fuel economy naman minsan hinde na din namamax-ximize or na-aachieve especially what's written on paper as claimed by the Manufacturer if the driver has poor driving habits especially kung mabigat ang paa niya sa gas pedal. The 2.2 XLT/Wildtrak variant can even achieve 19.44km/L. THough I think Isuzu's SUVs/Crossovers can achieve 21km/L.

Well if you're planning to get yours Sir, to each his own pa din naman. It's always a matter of preferences. But for me either the new Ford Ranger XLT or Wildtrak is definitely a bang for the buck accross the pick-up segment dito the PH. The recent release of the new Dmax technically for me is just face-lifted kse its still using the same engine similar with the first generation Dmax. Difference lang is it has a big intercoler but basically everything is the same with the engine.

Ranger Engine Specifications:

3.2L TDCi (200PS / 470Nm) 4x4

ENGINE TYPE: Inline 5 Cylinder DOHC 20V

DISPLACEMENT (cc): 3198

FUEL SYSTEM: Turbocharged Commonrail Injection

FUEL TANK CAPACITY: 80

FUEL TYPE: Diesel

CHASSIS:

TRANSMISSION: 6-Speed manual/Auto

FRONT SUSPENSION: Double Wishbone with Coil Spring

REAR SUSPENSIO: Leaf Springs

FRONT BRAKE: Ventilated Discs

REAR BREAK: Drum

STEERING TYPE: Rack and Pinion with Power Assist

WHEEL: Alloy 18"

TIRE SIZE: 265/60 R18

WATER WADING DEPT: 800mm(31.5inches), 235mm ground clearance

Wildtrak Feature Content (over XLT):

Body Colour + Titanium Front Bumper

Accent Steel Rear Bumper

Wildtrak Grille

Black Door Handles

Sports Hoop Wildtrak design

Roof Rails

Power fold mirrors

Auto On / Off Headlamps

Front fog lamp

Bed Liner

12V socket in load box, 3x 12V socket inside the cabin

Rain sensing wipers

Rear window and windscreen defrost

Dual Zone Auto Aircon

Cruise-Control

Wildtrak Leather trim with orange stitching

8 way Power Driver's Seat*

Cooled Center-box console

Rear Park Assist

Rear View Camera*

Multimedia:

AM/FM Radio/CD/MP3/Aux/USB

Bluetooth with Voice Control

6-way Surround Speakers

4.5" Multi-function Display

Edited by riotulis
  • Downvote 1

Sir, so far wala pa naman nirerelease dito sa PH na pick-up truck na hybrid. As far as I know, ang hybrid pa lang sa market na meron dito sa Pinas would be the Toyota Prius and the Honda CR-Z.

Anyway going back with the Ranger. Yung best fuel economy naman minsan hinde na din namamax-ximize or na-aachieve especially what's written on paper as claimed by the Manufacturer if the driver has poor driving habits especially kung mabigat ang paa niya sa gas pedal. The 2.2 XLT/Wildtrak variant can even achieve 19.44km/L. THough I think Isuzu's SUVs/Crossovers can achieve 21km/L.

Well if you're planning to get yours Sir, to each his own pa din naman. It's always a matter of preferences. But for me either the new Ford Ranger XLT or Wildtrak is definitely a bang for the buck accross the pick-up segment dito the PH. The recent release of the new Dmax technically for me is just face-lifted kse its still using the same engine similar with the first generation Dmax. Difference lang is it has a big intercoler but basically everything is the same with the engine.

Ranger Engine Specifications:

3.2L TDCi (200PS / 470Nm) 4x4

ENGINE TYPE: Inline 5 Cylinder DOHC 20V

DISPLACEMENT (cc): 3198

FUEL SYSTEM: Turbocharged Commonrail Injection

FUEL TANK CAPACITY: 80

FUEL TYPE: Diesel

CHASSIS:

TRANSMISSION: 6-Speed manual/Auto

FRONT SUSPENSION: Double Wishbone with Coil Spring

REAR SUSPENSIO: Leaf Springs

FRONT BRAKE: Ventilated Discs

REAR BREAK: Drum

STEERING TYPE: Rack and Pinion with Power Assist

WHEEL: Alloy 18"

TIRE SIZE: 265/60 R18

WATER WADING DEPT: 800mm(31.5inches), 235mm ground clearance

Wildtrak Feature Content (over XLT):

Body Colour + Titanium Front Bumper

Accent Steel Rear Bumper

Wildtrak Grille

Black Door Handles

Sports Hoop Wildtrak design

Roof Rails

Power fold mirrors

Auto On / Off Headlamps

Front fog lamp

Bed Liner

12V socket in load box, 3x 12V socket inside the cabin

Rain sensing wipers

Rear window and windscreen defrost

Dual Zone Auto Aircon

Cruise-Control

Wildtrak Leather trim with orange stitching

8 way Power Driver's Seat*

Cooled Center-box console

Rear Park Assist

Rear View Camera*

Multimedia:

AM/FM Radio/CD/MP3/Aux/USB

Bluetooth with Voice Control

6-way Surround Speakers

4.5" Multi-function Display

Brod, di mo siguro na intindihan point ko. Rhetorical question yan. Isa sa pinaka unang me ranger na 2.2L dito sa lugar namen ay pinsan ko kya alam ko kung ano ang fuel consumption neto. Nasa 8-9km/L eto sa city and 14km/L sa hi way. Eh sa tingin mo mas titipid pa ang 3.2l 5 cyl na version neto??? Possibly pero di tulad ng sinabi mo sa post mo. Sa 18" mags pa lang eh lalakas na consumo. Brod? Wag ka masyadong maniwala sa mga nababasa mo. Sukatin mo fc mo by filling your tank to the brim and try to reset your odometer. Patakbuhin mo ng 100kms then pa gas ka ulit. Divide mo 100kms by how many liters na pinalagay mo at yun ang medyo accurate na reading. Btw, 2 isuzu xwind, xt and xuv, ng company namin before we sold it and bought toyota innovas. FYI, nasa 8 km/l lang ang xuv and 9 ang xt. Both are m/t.

Try to research more brod. You sound like a car brochure.

I currently own the 2012 Ford Ranger 3.2 Wildtrak. Not a doubt, a very powerful pick-up truck. In terms of fuel economy, a very decent 18.18km/L(highways) 12-13km/L(city driving).

Really????? 2012??????? Pag ka alam ko April 2013 ang introduction ng 3.2 sa Pinas. Lokohin mo lelong mo brod.

The current model ng Ranger to date was globally introduced last quarter pa ng 2011 which was badged as the "All New Ranger". Since nung first 3 quarters ng 2011 may current model pa ang Ranger(Trekker XLT, Wildtrak). By 2012 lang naging available sa market yung lastest model globally. XLT was first released dito sa PH last March 2012, then yung WT variant last May 2013 lang. The model itself is badged 2012 regardless kung XLT or WT variant pa yan. Its just that 2013 lang narelease yung WT variant dito saten dahil sa marketing strategy ng FGP and also to giveway sa high demand ng ranger sa SEAsia. Kahit yung kakarelease lang na Dmax last Sept 18, 2013 daw na model. Pero the model itself, 2011 pa available sa Thailand.

Going back, got our unit first quarter ng 2012 through the gray market, same with C! Magazine's editor James Deaken and another Ford Exec. Wala pa sa PH shores ang WT variant nung time na yun, XLT pa lang kse WT was only sold dito sa PH this year.

Regarding sa fuel economy, I'm basing it from my driving habits and experience with our unit. Not from someone that I know that owns one, like YOU. And you dont have to tell me how to compute ang actual consumption ko ng fuel dahil maraming beses ko na yun ginawa. Last full tank ko, total distance/total volume of liters equaled to 11.10KM/L, city driving lang yan everyday Pasig-Makati.

The manufacturer claims "this and that" about it's fuel economy. Yes, mayroon figures released on paper, heck even the owner's manual already shows a unit's projected fuel consumption. But it doesn't mean yun lang ang magiging consumption mo with your unit. Ford made an Eco Run together with prominent media partners and DOE last Aug of 2012 with the 2.2 XLT variant. Yung 19.44km/L was achieved by the team of James Deaken of C! Magazine. The run was mostly highway terrain, walang Edsa traffic. And speeds nila are only between 40-80kph. Malamang nga marereach nila yung ganung FC sa highway tapos wala pang traffic. Regarding Isuzus, I dont own one and I havent driven one yet, I'm just referring to media releases and a few international forums based from Owner's perspective.

Spec-wise, what I posted above regarding features eh based talaga yan sa brochure/manual, kse yun nman talaga ang features nung unit. I'm not affiliated with Ford, and I'm not promoting them. Actually sablay pa nga ang aftersales/services nila compared sa original big 3 dito saten.

I'm just responding to what the threadstarter posted based from my preferences with actual facts. And also because I own one which is currently one of the subjects being discussed in this thread.

The current model ng Ranger to date was globally introduced last quarter pa ng 2011 which was badged as the "All New Ranger". Since nung first 3 quarters ng 2011 may current model pa ang Ranger(Trekker XLT, Wildtrak). By 2012 lang naging available sa market yung lastest model globally. XLT was first released dito sa PH last March 2012, then yung WT variant last May 2013 lang. The model itself is badged 2012 regardless kung XLT or WT variant pa yan. Its just that 2013 lang narelease yung WT variant dito saten dahil sa marketing strategy ng FGP and also to giveway sa high demand ng ranger sa SEAsia. Kahit yung kakarelease lang na Dmax last Sept 18, 2013 daw na model. Pero the model itself, 2011 pa available sa Thailand.

Going back, got our unit first quarter ng 2012 through the gray market, same with C! Magazine's editor James Deaken and another Ford Exec. Wala pa sa PH shores ang WT variant nung time na yun, XLT pa lang kse WT was only sold dito sa PH this year.

Regarding sa fuel economy, I'm basing it from my driving habits and experience with our unit. Not from someone that I know that owns one, like YOU. And you dont have to tell me how to compute ang actual consumption ko ng fuel dahil maraming beses ko na yun ginawa. Last full tank ko, total distance/total volume of liters equaled to 11.10KM/L, city driving lang yan everyday Pasig-Makati.

The manufacturer claims "this and that" about it's fuel economy. Yes, mayroon figures released on paper, heck even the owner's manual already shows a unit's projected fuel consumption. But it doesn't mean yun lang ang magiging consumption mo with your unit. Ford made an Eco Run together with prominent media partners and DOE last Aug of 2012 with the 2.2 XLT variant. Yung 19.44km/L was achieved by the team of James Deaken of C! Magazine. The run was mostly highway terrain, walang Edsa traffic. And speeds nila are only between 40-80kph. Malamang nga marereach nila yung ganung FC sa highway tapos wala pang traffic. Regarding Isuzus, I dont own one and I havent driven one yet, I'm just referring to media releases and a few international forums based from Owner's perspective.

Spec-wise, what I posted above regarding features eh based talaga yan sa brochure/manual, kse yun nman talaga ang features nung unit. I'm not affiliated with Ford, and I'm not promoting them. Actually sablay pa nga ang aftersales/services nila compared sa original big 3 dito saten.

I'm just responding to what the threadstarter posted based from my preferences with actual facts. And also because I own one which is currently one of the subjects being discussed in this thread.

When you say you bought yourself a 2012 ranger it means either you bought it last 2012 or your unit was built 2012. All 3.2 wt exported here in our country are built this year. Plus, the FC that you're claiming??? DreAm on brod. Baka pinapatay mo engine mo habang tumatakbo? Wag ka masyadong maniwala sa magazine brod. Mag tanong ka na lang sa merong mga ford na 3.2.

when the Chevy Colorado was first announced, Chevrolet said it can wade up to 700mm of water.

then the new Ford Ranger was shown being tested in Australia. it was announced that it was designed to wade in water up to 800mm deep.

by the time the Colorado got here, Chevrolet said it can wade up to 800mm of water.

did they redesign / reengineer before the release? did they relocate the ECU to a higher place? if so, how was it done? was it just remedial engineering?

having said all of this, for me, the most reliable pickup is the Isuzu D-Max. tough and fuel-efficient.

the power output, 146 hp, may be a lot lower than the newer models of Nissan, Ford, Chevy, and Mitsubishi, but it still manages to carry on.

Any pick-up can wade thru 800 mm deep of water. But unless you are driving an amphibian, I don't advise going thru floodwaters that would reach your brake drums.

Because the time and cash you might spend 2 weeks after that adventure would tell you that it's not worth it.