Average Weekly Gas Expense

Guest Leviticus
I assume your car is a/t but 6km/l for a mazda3 1.6 masyadong mababa yun usually they average 9km/l .. I have a 2.0 accord and get the same mileage that you do, sometimes I can even get 8km/l.... but I need a car that could give me like 20km/l because damn gas is so expensive....

is there such an automobile that gives you 20km per liter? the most that i got on a diesel car was 14 km/liter, on the highway not exceeding 80 km/hour in the early morning.

for city travel the best pa rin ang magmotor ka na lang. less fuel consumption, less traffic.

i also drive a mazda3 1.6l but my full tank of 45liters(empty light is lit) only runs for about 270 kms where i get 6kms per liter. although the car is relatively new been driving it for only a month. i've read a lot of threads they say that it gives them 7to8kms per liter. your 1,500 for two weeks runs for how many kms? ty

my full tank of 45 liters runs between 300-320. combined na yan for highway and city driving. casa maintained since then. low mileage pa nga ako at 32,000. hmmm... 190-200kms yung 1500 ko

is there such an automobile that gives you 20km per liter? the most that i got on a diesel car was 14 km/liter, on the highway not exceeding 80 km/hour in the early morning.

for city travel the best pa rin ang magmotor ka na lang. less fuel consumption, less traffic.

I saw an ad of suzuki alto .8cc its says it can get up to 21km/l not sure if it's true... nakakatakot naman mag motor... magbike na lang kaya, tumaas na naman gas at 58pesos per liter yung dating fulltnak ko na 2500 ngayon over 3k na...

Guest Leviticus
I saw an ad of suzuki alto .8cc its says it can get up to 21km/l not sure if it's true... nakakatakot naman mag motor... magbike na lang kaya, tumaas na naman gas at 58pesos per liter yung dating fulltnak ko na 2500 ngayon over 3k na...

tell me about it :(

nung isang araw muntik na ako makipagsagutan sa gas boy nung nagpakarga ako sa scooter ko. dati when I fill up with Php200.00 of unleaded kapag nasa red zone na ako ng gas gauge ay masisilip ko pa ang gasolina when I look into the gas tank.

ngayon wala akong makitang gas.. ni hindi ko nga naamoy eh <_<

was about to berate the gas boy that their pumps were not calibrated properly when I saw the current gasoline [unleaded] price. grabe.. kaunting sentimo na lang ay 60 na per liter. dati mga 4.5 liters nakakarga ko sa 200 petot ko (2 months ago?), ngayon ay wala pa 4 liters :unsure:

My Camry consumes 500 pesos worth of gas a day. That is only from my condo to my office. That's why I use my 1.5 Vios more than usual nowadays. It consumes around PHP 250/day.

Konti nalang bebenta ko na Camry ko and will settle for fuel efficient vehicles like the Honda Jazz 1.3 CVT.

Edited by ANALyzer

Just a few tips to help maximize your ninoys when you purchase your fuel.

1. pump gas during the early morning or late nights, preferably when weather is cool. Gasoline expands on hot weather.

2. better to get gas when service station has just gotten their gas supply delivery. remember they suck up gas from a reservoir underground.

reservoir may contain trapped air when it is not full. So pump may suck in some air instead of real fuel.

3. always turn off your engine when pumping gas. fuel evaporates fast with all the heat. idle engine uses gas as well.

4. gas pump triggers usually have 3 clicks when pulled. 3rd click would pump gas the fastest. but pumping fast means 'higop' factor is stronger.

strong higop will actually make the pump suck in some air instead of actual fuel. so always tell the gasoline boy to just use the first click or one click.

slow but you are more assured of getting real fuel.

5. always pump gas on a leveled road. some gas stations have an inclined bays. this will result to in accurate meter reading.

Guest Leviticus
Just a few tips to help maximize your ninoys when you purchase your fuel.

1. pump gas during the early morning or late nights, preferably when weather is cool. Gasoline expands on hot weather.

2. better to get gas when service station has just gotten their gas supply delivery. remember they suck up gas from a reservoir underground.

reservoir may contain trapped air when it is not full. So pump may suck in some air instead of real fuel.

3. always turn off your engine when pumping gas. fuel evaporates fast with all the heat. idle engine uses gas as well.

4. gas pump triggers usually have 3 clicks when pulled. 3rd click would pump gas the fastest. but pumping fast means 'higop' factor is stronger.

strong higop will actually make the pump suck in some air instead of actual fuel. so always tell the gasoline boy to just use the first click or one click.

slow but you are more assured of getting real fuel.

5. always pump gas on a leveled road. some gas stations have an inclined bays. this will result to in accurate meter reading.

here's the thing..

1. whether it's cold temperature or warm temperature, mainit pa rin ang papasukan ng gasolina. also, we are in the tropics so the cold temperature needed to "compress" the gasoline is not reached

2. this is not advisable as you will also get the sediments and water droplets when you fill up after the gas station just got resupplied. all the sediment and water gets agitated and mixes with the supply. better wait for a day for the sediments to settle down.

3. I concur.. kaya kapag traffic is a standstill I notice plenty of motorists turning off their engines

4. slower pumping only means slow pumping; unless the gas pump is not digital.

5. I don't think this affects the calibration made and besides, I have yet to see an inclined gasoline bay. I believe it is standard for gasoline stations to have an elevated plateau.. unless nagpakarga ka sa mga gallon-gallon or mga bara bara na gasolinahan.

Edited by Leviticus
Guest Leviticus
^ The way I see it, it wouldn't hurt if you practice timber's suggestions (though admittedly, the last is a bit absurd). With the prices of gas nowadays, I'm ready to try a bit of everything that is perceived to help.

the most that I got from a toyota revo is 15 km/liter. I was running about 65-70 with my windows up and aircon off; umuulan noon so ok lang na walang aircon :rolleyes:

another suggestion to reduce gas consumption is to remove any unnecessary hardware/accessories in your automobile/car. remove all papers, boxes, pillows, that bike carrier on your roof, spoilers, CDs you don't play (mag-usb ka na lang), etc. basta.. reduce the amount of weight inside your car. you'd be surprise by the weight of these unnecessary stuff once you've collected them.

isa pa.. plan your route. ang dilemma ko lagi is to pick which route to take: the short but traffic route or the long but less/no traffic?

How do you compute for your km/liter usage? Sorry, mahina ako sa math e.

Fill your car, pag nag automatic ok na. then set your kilometer reading to 0. kung half ka na or near empty, Filler up again.

Then divide your kilometer reading by the liters that you filled in your gas tank. :)

Iba ang city driving to provincial trip. :D