Average Weekly Gas Expense

0 --- shimano soro road bike..

Bro may expenses ka rin diyan. Gasolina ng driver, tubig. Mga 10*7 days, di 70 pesos in a week if mineral water. Hahaha

However for my car 1000 pesos is suffice to me from Mon - Friday work from QC to Ayala. Weekends depends, malaki kung out of town.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

have you ever tried filling up your tanks late at night, early in the morning, or on cold weather? Mas marami daw na makukuhang gas pag malamig panahon..have'nt tried it yet coz i usually gas up pag may araw na..laging inaabutan..hehe

have you ever tried filling up your tanks late at night, early in the morning, or on cold weather? Mas marami daw na makukuhang gas pag malamig panahon..have'nt tried it yet coz i usually gas up pag may araw na..laging inaabutan..hehe

I do this, although I never bothered to check the fuel volume difference between a "hot" fillup and a "cold" one. I fill up on the way home from work.

The principle is the fuel is denser at "cold" times like the ones you mentioned. It's not the liquid component of gasoline that's responsible for your car running, it's the vapor. The gasoline vapor supposedly evaporates at a faster rate when the sun is out.

Edited by bogliboi_blue

That is no myth. You can really get more gas when you fill up your tank late in the evening or early in the morning. Gas expands when its hot and contracts when its cold. since it is measured in volume, thus yoou get more when its contracts

Guest Leviticus

hmm.. interesting. maybe slightly more but here's the thing.. your gas tank would also contract (slightly) with the cold temperature so you would actually hold less gasoline.

ewan ko lang ha. correct me if I'm wrong. gasoline=oil. when I go up to baguio the cooking oil there is SOLID, but the gasoline inside my tank is still liquid so that means my gasoline has a lower freezing point as compared to cooking oil, but it proves that the gasoline does contract (slightly) in cold weather, moreso in freezing weather. so therefore there is a possibility that the amount of gas you take in at cold temperature, which will increase in volume once it is heated, but your gas tank has also contracted (slightly) due to the same temperature so the volume you can take in is reduced (slightly)

but taking in consideration the gas tank itself, you can fill up with more (slightly) gasoline in warm temperatures due to the expanding of the gas tank

nakakaloko na post yan! :upside:

Edited by Leviticus