The Football Thread

Labuyo

i used to be a basketball fan too, i've been a long time new york knicks fan but ever since they got to be the stinkin freakin team that they are now i found the great sport of football. i'm just glad may forum tayo na ganito e, madalang naman kasi ang sumusubaybay sa sport natin na ito. Back to the sport, its the weekend and we got some important fixtures...NEWCASTLE V. LIVERPOOL @ BARCLAYS & MANU V. PORTSMOUTH @ FA CUP. Good luck sa mga team ninyo and sana manalo sila.

post-25839-1204850724.jpg

galing tlga ng arsenal against ac milan, deserved win, fabregas, adebayor & walcott were superb..palagay ko kaya di din gnun kganda nilaro ng milan kasi galing injury si kaka, he wasn't his magnificient self when ac milan thrashed my manutd last year..taking nothing away from arsenal, they deserved to advance to the quarterfinals of the ucl :)

sana manalo newcastle mamaya, kawawa nman kasi si kevin keegan, i think he's due for a win..pero patay si benitez pag talo sila mamaya, kagulo ang toon army nyan,i think, pag nanalo sila..

i hope manutd win against portsmouth, go red devils!!! :)

galing tlga ng arsenal against ac milan, deserved win, fabregas, adebayor & walcott were superb..palagay ko kaya di din gnun kganda nilaro ng milan kasi galing injury si kaka, he wasn't his magnificient self when ac milan thrashed my manutd last year..taking nothing away from arsenal, they deserved to advance to the quarterfinals of the ucl :)

sana manalo newcastle mamaya, kawawa nman kasi si kevin keegan, i think he's due for a win..pero patay si benitez pag talo sila mamaya, kagulo ang toon army nyan,i think, pag nanalo sila..

i hope manutd win against portsmouth, go red devils!!! :)

tough luck mate...ManU was downed by Portsmouth.....and the good ( este bad pala :)) thing is Van Der Sar got injured (gtoin...probably hamstrings or quads) .....the 2nd choice keeper..Kuszchak got red!.....Ferdinand deputised in goal for the rest of the game......the next in line keeper is Ben Foster (who just got back recently from an injury....hehe things are looking up for ManU in the EPL :)

The Geordies went down to Liverpool 3-0....

Chelsea was eliminated from the FA cup by lowly Barnsley....

overall Saturday was a good day! :thumbsupsmiley:

badtrip tlga, tanggal manutd sa FA cup, tsk tsk tsk, sayang, i was really hoping that we could the FA cup again..the team sir alex has right now is really inconsistent, after beating the french champions last week in ucl they lose to pompey in the weekend, ewan ko ba, i really think something is still lacking in this team to take it all the way, i hope sir alex can figure it out & go for more trophies before he leaves the red devils..hay naku, kaasar tlga..

grabe ang barnsley ah, tlgang tunay na giant killer, kala ko fluke ang pag upset nila sa liverpool, sinunod pa nila chelsea, avram grant is really in trouble right now, i don't know how long they he'll be able to stay with the blues..

wawa tlga si kevin keegan at newcastle, di tlga nanalo, wawa nman, sana makabawi na ang magpies..

oh well, we still have two trophies to contend for this season, the epl & the ucl, i hope they win both, go manutd!!! :)

tough luck mate...ManU was downed by Portsmouth.....and the good ( este bad pala :)) thing is Van Der Sar got injured (gtoin...probably hamstrings or quads) .....the 2nd choice keeper..Kuszchak got red!.....Ferdinand deputised in goal for the rest of the game......the next in line keeper is Ben Foster (who just got back recently from an injury....hehe things are looking up for ManU in the EPL :)

We just want the gooners to be complacent so me can strike when they least expect it. :evil:

United should have won if the ref wasn't biased. When did they allow rugby tackles in Futbol?

BTW ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BARNSLEY!

Superb and Magnificent Football weekend to you all! What a weekend we had for all football fans. This is the weekend where legends are born! Incredible barnsley! Who would have thought it would be possible...not avram or carvahlo for sure.

But first up, the bad part of the weekend...the magpies have again lost to a streaking liverpool...coming in at a 7 game losing streak the magpies again fell prey to the 4 game winning streaked liverpool in anfield. After an embarassing show from the magpies, one can help wonder what could kevin keegan do to turn this club into its winning ways let alone win a match. C'mon, newcastle, we need one to stay away from relegation. That game was just typical showing of what the magpies have been going thru all season long. I just hope that the next games which are winnable by the magpies will give them the most sought after first game won by king kev.

On to the story of the weekend...cinderella barnsley! Its just goes to show why knock out competitons are the venues where dreams do come true. And what better competition than in the FA cup!

In another topic...Jose... I wish he stays in the EPL...If it not for him and drogba i wouldnt give a fart for chelsea.

Here's to all Magpies out there...All the best to ya! Go NEWCASTLE UNITED!!!!!

post-25839-1205085915.jpg

watched the highlights ng portsmouth-manutd game sa dailymotion,di ko kasi napanuod ng live,grabe pla tlga, daming chances ng manutd to score pero parang destiny really wasn't in their side, mukhang it was really portsmouth's destiny to win that game..oh well, gnun tlga ang football, very cruel hehehehe kakalungkot panuorin yung game eh hehehe

mukhang poblema ng gunnars at red devils ang consistency ah, one time their running on all cylinders pero sometimes sagwa tlga ng laro, gnun tlga nga siguro ang football, sabi nga nila bilog ang bola hehe

sa mga fellow manutd fans ko, sa tingin nyo, ano pa pwede idagdag sa manutd para mas maging ok silang team?

kelan kaya mananalo ang newcastle ulit? kawawa nman ang magpies sana di sila marelegate..

sino kaya ang marrelegate this season? derby at fulham sure ball ng relegated..wawa nman ang bolton, dati malakas na team ngyn na sa relegation zone na..sana wag marelegate ang black cats, galing na coach ni roy keane, sayang nman efforts nya kung marelegate sila..

grabe, talo pala ang real madrid sa roma, kakagulat naman, kala ko maganda na ulit nilalaro ng galacticos, mukhang roma played great against them to advance sa quarterfinals..

so sa UCL: ManUtd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Schalke, Fenerbache, Barcelona & Roma..galing ah all the english teams advanced to the quarterfinals :)..

grabe natalo pala ng Reading ang Manchester City, 2-0, hehehehe

may goalkeeper crisis pala ang ManUtd, mukhang mamamadali ang pagbabalik ni Ben Foster from injury, si Van Der Sar kasi minomonitor pa un injury nya tpos si Tomas Kuzschack (tama ba spelling?hehe) may automatic suspension..go ManUtd!! :)

OK, malapit na naman ang weekend...next match ng newcastle is at birmingham. certainly a winnable and a must-win for the magpies. two places down ang birmingham from newcastle, a team that is also fighting relegation. all i know is that newcastle has to start believing in each other to win, step by step, uusad din yan. hehehe! sayang naman, just got my newcastle jersey. tagal na kasi ako naghahanap e.

magaling talaga ang manu, i think they are pretty consistent, just wondering why thers say the're not. kayo naman, natalo lang, inconsistent na. sa tinggin ko nga its their style of play. minsan aggressice, minsan defensive lang talaga, thats what makes them so hard to figure out.

post-25839-1205373574.jpg

di lang naman sila ngayon natalo biggieprox, they lost key games to manchester city & west ham in the epl kaya arsenal ang naging top ng league, i think hargreaves should get more games under his belt, i really think he's the better choice rather than carrick, i think the defensive midfielder role is the key position for manutd to maintain a consistent record :)..

sana nga manalo newcastle sa birmingham, yun ba magiging first win ni kevin keegan kung sakali?

i hope manutd beat derby, pag nde badtrip tlga hehehe yun na kasi ang chance to go top of the league, go manutd!! :)

di lang naman sila ngayon natalo biggieprox, they lost key games to manchester city & west ham in the epl kaya arsenal ang naging top ng league, i think hargreaves should get more games under his belt, i really think he's the better choice rather than carrick, i think the defensive midfielder role is the key position for manutd to maintain a consistent record :)..

sana nga manalo newcastle sa birmingham, yun ba magiging first win ni kevin keegan kung sakali?

i hope manutd beat derby, pag nde badtrip tlga hehehe yun na kasi ang chance to go top of the league, go manutd!! :)

If natalo ang United sa DER.... Mahihiya ako sa sarili ko.

yup, its his first win, the last win that united had was against stoke city in a FA cup clash. ewan ko, basta tagal na yun. di pamanager si KK nun e, pero inintroduce na siya nun as the next newcastle manager. hopefully, hopefully, hopefully, this weekend makakuha na siya ng first win niya. Damn, paano ko maiisusuot ng maayos yung jersey ko kung mapupunta sila sa relegation zone....grrrrr..... anyway, ayoko naman mag get ahead sa mangyyari, lets wait and see.

by the way, just a little something about the local scene, sino sa inyo napupunta ng malate? may nakita ako bar dun or restaurant pangalan is old tratford... with the logo of manu blazing on its signage... may nakapunta na ba dito? mukhang ok dun ha, fr naman dun sa mga nakatry na....baka pwede tayo pumunta mga mtc pumunta dun and watch games kung meron nga

post-25839-1205423163.jpg

Edited by biggyprox