The Football Thread

Labuyo

Alonso? di ba renault yun? :lol:

yah right! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Real Madrid adding Alonso

LONDON (AP)—Xabi Alonso is on the verge of becoming the latest big-money addition to Real Madrid.

Liverpool reached an agreement on Tuesday to sell the 27-year-old midfielder to the Spanish power, subject to a physical. Though neither club disclosed financial details, Spanish media reported a transfer fee of 30 million euros ($43.2 million) had been agreed to. That would raise Madrid’s offseason spending to $350 million for six players.

Since Florentino Perez regained the club presidency in June, Real Madrid has acquired midfielder Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United for 80 million pounds ($131 million), midfielder Kaka from AC Milan for 65 million euros ($92 million), forward Karim Benzema from Lyon for 35 million euros ($57.4 million), defender Raul Albiol from Valencia for 15 million euros ($21 million) and defender Alvaro Arbeloa from Liverpool for 3.5 million pounds ($5.7 million).

Ronaldo is the reigning FIFA player of the year and Kaka was the 2007 FIFA player of the year.

Real Madrid finished second in the Spanish league last season at 25-10-3, nine points behind Barcelona. Real Madrid is about to start a two-game North American exhibition tour, playing at Toronto FC on Friday and against D.C. United on Sunday at Landover, Md., ahead of its league opener against Deportivo La Coruna on Aug. 29 or 30.

real madrid sign xabi alonso for 30million pounds..

liverpool sign roma midfielder aquiliani for 20million pounds..

read madrid striker klaas huntelaar is close to signing with ac milan..

arsenal are readying themselves for another bid of around €9m, after their initial bid of €7m was rejected by bordeaux for marouane chamakh

portsmouth goalkeeper david james could be set for a move to sunderland with pompey close to signing antti niemi on a free transfer

manchester city finally expect to complete the signing of everton defender joleon lescott on thursday in a deal worth £22m

the premier league and the serie a have started and la liga is almost upon us. my 3 teams have all made some changes:

barcelona - making a big gamble swapping eto'o for ibrahimovic. while there is no question about ibra's quality, i am not sure if he fits into the system. barca already has a lot of ball players and eto'o was the person who made the runs. with ibra, are there too many cooks in the kitchen? however, if everything clicks, then i'm thinking a repeat of the treble success.

juventus - really excited about their off season moves, bringing in brazilians diego and felipe melo. diego is the classic playmaker while felipe melo slots in the "makelele" role. big big chance to be serie a champions.

liverpool - disappointed with xabi alonso leaving, and i'm concerned that the squad lacks depth in quality. glen johnson will hopefully be the fullback we've been missing. i'm hopeful, but we need a lot of luck to win the premiership.

uefa super cup

fc barcelona 1 shaktar donetsk 0

second trophy of the season and the 5th for 2009 (copa del rey, la liga, uefa champions league, spanish super cup and now the uefa super cup). can we win the world club championship in december to make it 6?!?