The Football Thread

Labuyo

tama ka crazyfoot, i hope our missed chances don't haunt us in the 2nd leg; ganun din situation ng barcelona with chelsea, chelsea's D was set-up perfectly to stifle barsa's attack, hiddink is banking on them winning the leg in stamford bridge, malas lang nila pag naka-goal ang barsa dun dahil away goal yun..

similar to arsenal, they can't afford to let manutd score at highbury, pag nagscore manutd, they will need to score 3 goals to advance..

next up: borough at riverside, sir alex will be resting players, i hope the players that are given the chance to perform will wrap up the points for utd this weekend..

go red devils!!! :)

yah, i know peter of mizuno and futkal. played with him several times. why?

Used to join his Futkal events when I was here back in 2007, then I left the country for about a year...

U guys keep in contact and play often together?

Need someone to give me history lessons on Philippines Football, I use to play amateur football in my home country but have stop for 5 years

My foot is itching again hoping to get some friends here for a "kick- about"

tama ka crazyfoot, i hope our missed chances don't haunt us in the 2nd leg; ganun din situation ng barcelona with chelsea, chelsea's D was set-up perfectly to stifle barsa's attack, hiddink is banking on them winning the leg in stamford bridge, malas lang nila pag naka-goal ang barsa dun dahil away goal yun..

similar to arsenal, they can't afford to let manutd score at highbury, pag nagscore manutd, they will need to score 3 goals to advance..

next up: borough at riverside, sir alex will be resting players, i hope the players that are given the chance to perform will wrap up the points for utd this weekend..

go red devils!!! :)

Oo Sir Eron.. Chelsea is on danger ground kase Barca will be going all out to get That away Goal and they have Messi, Henry & Eto to do That!!!

As for Arsenal isip ko the young gunners cannot hold the Red Tide back.. My Bet will be Man U Vs Barca in CL FINAL

Used to join his Futkal events when I was here back in 2007, then I left the country for about a year...

U guys keep in contact and play often together?

Need someone to give me history lessons on Philippines Football, I use to play amateur football in my home country but have stop for 5 years

My foot is itching again hoping to get some friends here for a "kick- about"

occasionally. try visiting our website.

titansfootballclub.org

its biggest local football tournament here in the phils. im currently managing this tournament with its 2nd season running.

good professional display by manutd against middlesborough, winning 2-0 with goals from giggs and park in each half to secure the points at teeside..borough are still planted in the relegation zone..4 games left, the red devils need just 7 points from the available 12 points to win their 3rd successive EPL title, i hope nothing goes wrong and we are consistent in the final stretch, go manutd!!!..

next-up: the 2nd leg of the semis CL against arsenal at the emirates (highbury ako ng highbury; wala na nga pala highbury hehehehe) i hope we score a goal at the emirates to guarantee us a place in the CL final at rome, go red devils!!! :)

great performance by barcelona in el clasico, a tip of the cap to them.. they clearly displayed who the best team in la liga was this year and they will put the stamp on who the best team in europe is this year too..

hopefully madrid can give them a better fight next season..

i still remember last year when people where saying the henry signing was a bad move.. me, a madridista, was even the one who defended it.. now they are firing on all cylinders..

the only thing that can contain barsa's trio is a consistent well-disciplined defense, manutd and liverpool did that these past 2 years, if chelsea are capable of doing that 2 days from now; then they will be in the CL finals for the 2nd straight year..but if they let barsa rampant they will surely succumb to the attacking prowess of barsa :)..

i hope we score an early goal against arsenal tonight, para ma-shift kagad ang pressure sa arsenal..i hope we advance to the CL final for the 2nd straight year..go red devils!!! :D

man u played a blinder last night. there blip a couple of weeks ago seem to be far behind them now. I hope we meet Chelsea in the CL finals to prove that last years win was not because of luck.

we should beat Chelsea in the finals.

but my wish will be Man U v Barcelona as both teams play attacking football and it should be a great game if ever.

Man U are sill on for the quadruple hopefully we get it now.

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

another disappointing champions league campaign by the blues, i haven't watched the highlights of the 2nd CL semi leg but by what i have been reading in the net, they were not awarded penalties several times by the nigerian ref, tsk tsk tsk, that's how football or sports in general, sometimes you don't get the breaks you need to change the game, may halong swerte din..

i'm curious how abramovich once the season ends, will he dismantle the team?? will he invest more money on the blues??

its a manutd-barsa CL final, a repeat of the 08 semifinal, i hope the result is the same as last year's, a win for the red devils :)

another disappointing champions league campaign by the blues, i haven't watched the highlights of the 2nd CL semi leg but by what i have been reading in the net, they were not awarded penalties several times by the nigerian ref, tsk tsk tsk, that's how football or sports in general, sometimes you don't get the breaks you need to change the game, may halong swerte din..

i'm curious how abramovich once the season ends, will he dismantle the team?? will he invest more money on the blues??

its a manutd-barsa CL final, a repeat of the 08 semifinal, i hope the result is the same as last year's, a win for the red devils :)

being the biggest barca fan in this thread, my opinion might be biased but i did watch the 2nd leg and there were maybe 3 or 4 decent penalty claims by chelsea. BUT, this is the semi-final of the champions league. no referee would really give a soft penalty.

also, just because there were numerous penalty claims does not mean at least one should have been given. that's illogical. each incident merits its own decision. a referee can't give this penalty because he didn't give a penalty 10 minutes ago. that would be ridiculous. the norwegian referee got a lot of flak, but in fact, he was consistent. he will not give soft penalties.

there was one incident which i must admit was 50-50. it was when the ball hit pique's hand in the area. however, it was the ball hitting the hand and clearly unintentional. now, i've seen some of these given, and some were not. this time, the referee chose not to give the penalty. in any case, it cancels out the penalty on thierry henry which was not given in the 1st leg.

the biggest mistake by the referee was actually against barcelona. he sent abidal off and reduced the blaugrana to 10 men when anelka tripped over himself.

all in all, it was the side who chose to play football who goes to the final. over the 2 legs (and shockingly even at home), chelsea played anti-football. all they did was chop down barcelona players, push them around and intimidate them. then play the long ball and hope for the best. barca stayed true to their game, and were rewarded with a trip to the final.

Edited by damaso

i agree! chelsea could have killed barca after abidal's send off but instead they chose to play defensive instead of attacking the 10 man barcelona and this proved to be their undoing!

and a manu-barca final would be a lot better than manu-chelsea final! i pity fletcher though.. his penalty was too harsh, even wenger would admit that, and now he will miss the final. wes brown will also be out for the rest of the season for manu