The Football Thread

Labuyo

el clasico halftime: 0-0

- not the cracking match everyone thought it would be, partly because of the rain and the heavy pitch. the tackles are flying in though, as expected.

- messi is getting hacked every time he has the ball. 3 yellows already on the players defending him.

- barca playing pretty passing moves but to no effect. they're playing a very high defensive line which opens them up to a quick counter. in fact, the best chance of the match so far has been the pacy drenthe's one-on-one with valdes.

- metzelder has been immense - a whole bunch of last ditch tackles is keeping barca at bay.

- i'm thinking barca would try a more direct route in the second half.

barcelona 2 real madrid 0

great effort by los merengues. iker casillas again shows why some consider him the best keeper in the game - first a penalty save, and then a brilliant double save to deny eto'o and messi. but in the end, barcelona had too much: our captain terrific, carlos puyol, wins the header for eto'o to bundle in the match winning goal. henry then releases messi to wrap it up in injury time.

viva barca!!

THE PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE looks great this season with all teams vying for points off each other. Surely those points dropped by the big four for the past few weeks helped the smaller clubs to scale higher and reach them. Just take a look at arsenal. Hopefully if the stats do prove right that teams that have a top four standings coming into the christmas break would keep their standings for the rest of the year, well, we'll be seeing aston villa in the ucl. Sana nga magkatuloy, besides, arse have been the arse lately. Maybe too much inside squabbling. Speaking of arse, they'll be playing liverpool this weekend, gotta catch that. My geordies will be facing the spurs, gotta catch that too. That everton v chelsea fixtures also got a lot of bearings in it. Scolari seemed to be losing steam as the year moves on. Lets see how things play out. Most teams i think will be wanting a great end to the this year. Good luck to all of you sa fantasy natin, I got mine set na. Chhers!

Howay the Lads!

post-25839-1229668728.jpg

THE PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE looks great this season with all teams vying for points off each other. Surely those points dropped by the big four for the past few weeks helped the smaller clubs to scale higher and reach them. Just take a look at arsenal. Hopefully if the stats do prove right that teams that have a top four standings coming into the christmas break would keep their standings for the rest of the year, well, we'll be seeing aston villa in the ucl. Sana nga magkatuloy, besides, arse have been the arse lately. Maybe too much inside squabbling. Speaking of arse, they'll be playing liverpool this weekend, gotta catch that. My geordies will be facing the spurs, gotta catch that too. That everton v chelsea fixtures also got a lot of bearings in it. Scolari seemed to be losing steam as the year moves on. Lets see how things play out. Most teams i think will be wanting a great end to the this year. Good luck to all of you sa fantasy natin, I got mine set na. Chhers!

Howay the Lads!

keep on dreaming mate.... :rolleyes:

Big Sam is now Rovers boss. hahahaha WTF

and youve got Mourinho in CL...ManU will rialroad Inter for sure

Liverpool should win comfortably against an off form RM and Juande (WTF! as well)

Chelsea interesting reunion with the "tinkerman"

My Gunners are off form this season but should see out Toti and the gang without much hassle ( how i wish!...haaayy)

MANUTD IS THE BEST FOOTBALL CLUB IN THE WORLD!!! :)

Manchester United wins FIFA Club World Cup with rooney's 73rd minuted goal. too bad vidic got red carded but the red devils dominated the final against LDU Quito. It's Sir Alex Ferguson's and Ryan Giggs's 20th medal in all competitions and caps off a great year for the club winning the BPL, UEFA Champions League & the FIFA Club World Cup. Glory! Glory! Manutd! Go Red Devils!

Wayne Rooney was honored with the TOYOTA Award (man of the match) in the final & the adidas Golden Ball (player of the tournament). Cristiano Ronaldo placed 2nd & was honored the adidas Silver Ball & LDU Quito's Alejandro Manso placed 3rd & won the adidas Bronze ball.

*sayang di nagkatotoo ang forecast ko hehehe liverpool & arsenal draw, 1-1, van persie & keane getting the goals..good for keane, that goal may have helped him ease the pressure of high expectations he had after transferring from spurs for 20million..

congratulations to man utd fans...

villareal 1 barcelona 2

is there any doubt this will be barca's year? their last 4 la liga matches were against the 4 teams (sevilla, valencia, real madrid and villareal) who were to challenge them for the title and they win 4 out of 4. villareal, though, gave them a fight. beautiful attacking football by both teams. this game should be shown to youngsters all over the world. barca, in the end, had too much.

pique again is the weak link of barca. we need gabby milito back.

* as for my epl team: liverpool desperately needs torres back. its obvious neither keane nor kuyt can lead the line. and gerrard can't do it all. cracking goal by keane though. but it was van persie's goal which was a sight to behold. shades of bergkamp there.

* mark hughes is not cutting it at all. for all their talent, man city is in the relegation zone! why hughes plays vassell ahead of elano i'll never know.

man city needs more defensive minded players; i think kompany is the only quality defensive minded player in the team; they all think to attack & with low quality defenders, they're starting to leak goals..

if arsene doesn't start doing something about his current predicament at arsenal & start winning trophies with the gunnars, first the star players will start to leave like adebayor, van persie & fabregas then he'll get the boot..he really failed in keeping the other players which brought arsenal their stability a few seasons ago like hleb & flamini..rosicky was supposed to be a key signing but the czech is still injured up to now..eduardo da silva is also sorely missed by the gunnars..

if manutd win their 2 games; they will be 2nd in the BPL behind liverpool; go manutd!!! :)

grabe mukhang chelsea na nman ang minamalas; everton frustrated them to a goalless draw, galing talaga ni david moyes on how he manages his side; john terry sent off; lampard, ballack, a.cole yellow carded; sobrang nafrustrate chelsea; they fail again to capitalize on liverpool's draw against arsenal..

cesc fabregas is out for 4 months; but arsene is still optimistic; he thinks the gunnars can still win the league...:)

2 wins can get the red devils into 2nd place in the BPL; i hope we can win all our games; go manutd!!!! :)

liverpool is bidding for the services of emile heskey because of torres' constant hamstring problems..

real madrid is targeting aston villa's ashley young..

whew! what a great goal by tevez to win the game against stoke; when berbatov is active & not lazy he can contribute so much to a game..tevez is still the unsung hero for manutd; giving key contributions to the club when they need it the most; i hope he stays at manutd for a long time..

arsene is left frustrated with the gunnar's 2-2 draw against aston villa; wenger is left to blame the refs for the bad result..liverpool & chelsea win convincingly against their opponents..

i hope rio recovers quickly from his back spasms; he won't be able to play against borough; i hope evans can be enough cover for him; go manutd!!! :)