The Football Thread

Labuyo

eto lang naman ang injured sa amin: Gabriel Heinze, Pepe, Wesley Sneijder, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Mahamadou Diarra, Miguel Torres and Ruben de la Red

even huntelaar is injured at the moment. :upside: but it was a good signing, now we need 3 more players. :sleepysmiley03:

madrid is starting to look like the netherlands national team.. :unsure:

maybe real madrid will get orange jerseys nx time...haha

watch this.. YOU decide is he's better with the right foot or the left foot.. ;) seriously, i diehard ManUtd fan like redshirt wouldnt covet him if he wasnt any good..

whoa, he looks like a complete striker....as the barca fan here i would have been worried, so good thing the music in the video was gay...

grabe, dami pala injuries ng real madrid, klaas looks good but will he be able to shine at madrid?hmmm...

all the top4 win their games this saturday, arsenal beat wigan 1-0, chelsea won against bolton, 2-0 & liverpool won against blackburn, 3-1..manutd won 1-0 with an injury time goal by vidic to get the 3 pts against sunderland :)..

evra has been suspended for 4 games and fined 15k pounds & the chelsea has been fined 25k pounds because of the improper conduct of its groundsman; nag-away ata yun dalwa before ng game ng manutd & chelsea dati..

brilliant barca 4 - valencia 0

- naysayers were saying barca were going to go crashing back to earth with their back to back fixtures against the very tough sevilla and valencia sides. well does 3-0 and 4-0 sound like a trainwreck? i haven't seen the blaugrana look this good in years (even moreso than their champions league winning side of 2006). they were absolutely mesmerizing against valencia.

- with eto'o suspended, henry moves to his favored central position and scores a hat-trick. but the best player in the park was valencia's goalkeeper, renan: barca should have scored at least 5 more without his heroics.

- after watching 2 english premier league matches in the morning and getting used to long balls, the barcelona backline had me on the edge of my seat! it's pretty nerve-wracking when your defence refuses to clear the ball - its like an insult to them to punt the ball to the other half. they would much rather play the ball to safety. lovely to watch but its causing my hair to turn white.

- guardiola looking dapper in another killer tailored suit - he is by far the best dressed man in football.

sidenote:

how can a big burly swede have such superb technique? near the end of the first half of inter's win against lazio, a ball was cleared towards ibrahimovic. with the ball high in the air coming towards him, ibra then does an overhead backheel flick to release stankovic.......not even cristiano ronaldo nor ronaldinho could have done that!

^

Not a lot of people notice Zlatan but he's a joy to watch he's like Berbatov in a way. He has this fancy moves but he just uses it when the need arises. Unlike C. Ronaldo and his showboating.

watch this.. YOU decide is he's better with the right foot or the left foot.. ;) seriously, i diehard ManUtd fan like redshirt wouldnt covet him if he wasnt any good..

bad news for madrid, looks like barca is close to signing benzema themselves.. :angry:

Cheers Bubuy for the clip. Seriously I always dreamt that Klass would join us. He allong with Mexes are the ones who I believe can achieve superstardom given they've been presented on a proper stage. I guess, it might be too late for us (Utd).

Benzema is good don't get me wrong but I don't think he'd blend well in the barca squad. Too many strikers on that team me thinks, all big name players. More often than not when big name players get benched they loose their, "touch" you'd need a special manager to re-ignite the hunger and desire of that certain player to prove himself. And I don't think the current barca gaffer has the re-igniting factor in him.

real madrid 3 sevilla 4

anyone who thinks football is boring should watch a tape of this match. absolute end to end stuff. it's a wonder the players lasted 90 minutes. there had to be at least 40 shots on goal, at least 25 on target. best match in any league so far this season...

real madrid should get role players like pirlo & gattuso of ac milan as well as star players; puro kasi may star complex; nobody wants to do just the dirty work for the squad :P

sorry we got rid of that mentality 2 years ago (kaya nga nanalo sila ng b2b eh).. sino na lang ba ang may star complex sa madrid ngayon?

kung meron man, im sure mas malaki pa din ang star complex ni cristiano ronaldo sa buong madrid team or the whole la liga for that matter.. :) 1st, 2nd and 3rd best player in the world, ha!

kaya i hated the fact that we were gunning for ronaldo, kasi babalik na naman sa galactico days when we're doing fine the past 2 years with low profile players..

andrea pirlo has long been on my wishlist for madrid, but ive resigned to the fact that trying to get an italian international away from an italian club is simply too bleak.. it's like manchester united trying to sign steven gerrard..

Edited by bubuy

Matchday 6 Results:

Chelsea 2-1 CFR Cluj

Roma 2-0 Bordeaux

Panathinaikos 1-0 Anorthosis

*Bremen 2-1 Internazionale

Basel 0-1 Sporting

*Barcelona 2-3 Shakhtar

PSV 1-3 Liverpool

Marseille 0-0 Atlético

*wow! nice upsets :D

Group A: 1st-Roma, 2nd-Chelsea

Group B: 1st-Panathinaikos, 2nd-Inter

Group C: 1st-Barcelona, 2nd-Sporting

Group D: 1st-Liverpool, 2nd-Atletico

8 teams na nagqualify, mamaya na game ng manutd vs aalborg, hope they top the group, go manutd!!!:)..

Matchday 6 Results:

Man. United 2-2 AaB

Celtic 2-0 Villarreal

Steaua 0-1 Fiorentina

Lyon 2-3 Bayern

*Porto 2-0 Arsenal

Dynamo Kyiv 1-0 Fenerbahçe

Juventus 0-0 BATE

Real Madrid 3-0 Zenit

whew! manutd win the group despite having only 2 wins & 4 draws, we should perform better when the CL starts again in feb..

*arsenal go from top of the group to 2nd after losing to porto..what a game between lyon & bayern..

Group E: 1st-Manutd, 2nd-Villareal

Group F: 1st-Bayern, 2nd-Lyon

Group G: 1st-Porto, 2nd-Arsenal

Group H: 1st-Juventus, 2nd-Real Madrid

Ramos out of the starting blocks in the race for Drogba

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2008/Decembe...race-for-drogba

Written by: Dave Cohen

2008-12-10 06:23:05

Ramos said yesterday, the day on which he was appointed to take over from Bernd Schuster at the Bernabeau, that his side needed to strengthen its attack. With that in mind, he has targeted Chelsea striker Didier Drogba.

Even though they have secured the services of Ajax star striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Ramos feels that there is still a void left after the injury suffered by Ruud van Nistelrooy, who is expected to be out for the remainder of the season.

Ramos in to coach as Spanish champs Real Madrid fire Schuster

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2008/Decembe...d-fire-schuster

Written by: AFP Bookmark and Share

2008-12-09 14:00:04

MADRID (AFP) - Struggling Spanish champions Real Madrid fired coach Bernd Schuster on Tuesday and immediately replaced him with former Tottenham and Sevilla coach Juande Ramos.

Real sports director Pedja Mijatovic said he had held a meeting earlier in the day with Schuster, who had "accepted" the decision but "was sad to do so".

"We analyzed everything that has happened in recent months. We saw the difficulties and reached this decision by mutual agreement," Mijatovic told a news conference.

German Schuster, one of a rare breed of footballers who have played for both Real Madrid and Barcelona, was under contract with Real till 2010.

Ramos , 54, has been given an initial six-month deal which will keep him at the Spanish giants until the end of the season.

"This is the dream of every coach, I hope I don't disappoint anybody. I don't think there is any higher level than arriving at Real Madrid," he told a news conference.

Schuster's head was placed firmly on the block on Sunday when Real slipped to a humiliating 4-3 home defeat to Sevilla, a result that left them languishing in fifth place in the league, nine points behind leaders Barcelona.

The 49-year-old led Real to their record 31st league title last season, his first in charge, but has been under pressure as early as November following the club's elimination from the King's Cup by third-division Real Union.

But it appears the final nail in the coffin was Schuster's remarks to the Spanish press over the weekend, when he said his injury-riddled side had no chance during Saturday's game in the Nou Camp against arch rivals Barcelona.

"At the Camp Nou now, it's not possible to win. They are playing really well there and it's their year," he said after the match against Sevilla.

Mijatovic denied that Schuster's comments had been a deciding factor in his departure as reported by the Spanish media while Ramos stressed the need to always seek victory during their joint news conference.

"Madrid is a team that whichever game it has to play it will go in with maximum motivation to play it. Barcelona is playing really well but Madrid is playing well enough to not renounce a victory in any stadium in the world," Ramos said.

Ramos guided Tottenham to the League Cup last season but was sacked by the English side in October following the London club's worst start to the season which left the team at the bottom of the Premier League.

But he enjoys a healthy reputation in Spain based on his successes with Sevilla which included two UEFA Cup wins in 2006 and 2007.

Ramos takes over for a Champions League match at home to Zenit St. Petersburg on Wednesday.

There is little at stake in the Zenit game, however, as Real have already ensured their qualification for the last 16 which will be contested in late February.

Schuster joined Madrid from Getafe last July, replacing current England coach Fabio Capello who was also sacked by the Spanish giants.

Juventus target William Gallas

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2008/Decembe...-william-gallas

Written by: Dave Cohen

2008-12-09 05:39:22

William Gallas in action for Arsenal against Dynamo Kiev in Kiev in the Champions League in September 2008.

It was announced here that Juventus are also keen to sign the very much “out-of-favour” Arsenal defender William Gallas.

Gallas has found himself in trouble with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger over claims that Robin van Persie was a disruptive influence in the Arsenal change room. That led the Arsenal manager to strip Gallas of the captaincy.

Since his outburst against van Persie AC Milan have shown interest in Gallas.

Now Juventus are also reportedly interested in the defender who may be keen to reunite with his former Chelsea manager, Claudia Ranieri.

Edited by _eRon_
Real Madrid replace Schuster with Ramos

Real Madrid 3-0 Zenit: Ramos opens with a win

wow i cant believe they signed this manager. if he cant do it in the premier league, what more in the la liga. i think were seeing another leeds in the making.

maybe his tactics weren't meant for the english game? a change of scenery might do him good.

as an RM fan, im not impressed with him too. <_<

ramos was a contradiction on himself. One season, he's a savior of spurs, the next season they cant wait to let him go. Its just weird how they managed transfers on the off-season. Releasing key players keane and berbatov in exchange for pavluychenco, maybe an arshavin. Too bad that franchise didnt work out. I really thought they would contest the big four this season.

post-25839-1229011083.jpg

darn. what happened to my posts?

hear you duchess. thanks for the concern bro.

i really dont know how we can lose data with quite person specific. hmm.

well, i dont know, i must have crossed the wrong people here. heck, lets just enjoy our football lads. CL final sixteen is coming up.

liverpool and AC milan.