The Football Thread

Labuyo

hmm, siguro nga dapat hindi na sendoff si lehmann, but that is football, destiny ng barcelona manalo..

kairita kasi yung british announcer, sarap pukpukin, dpat hindi bias..

maraming nagssbi na di dapat siya sinend off, pero rule tlga ng uefa na pag nagtackle ang gk outside the area, automatic red card..wawa tuloy arsenal..

pero ganun tlga, bilog ang bola, you win some you lose some..

drogba lashed out that he wants to leave chelsea... he cited that he is being called a cheat because of the way he reacts whenever he is tackled...

eh obvious naman 'yung mga dives n'ya 'di ba?... and obvious din 'yung attitude problem n'ya 'di ba?...

drogba lashed out that he wants to leave chelsea... he cited that he is being called a cheat because of the way he reacts whenever he is tackled...

eh obvious naman 'yung mga dives n'ya 'di ba?... and obvious din 'yung attitude problem n'ya 'di ba?...

your right mate.i really do think that that drogba is a tosser and a big cheat! :thumbsdownsmiley:

i also have heared that it will be gallas and crespo+money for shevchenco :boo:

my my how strong would chelsea be if this happens!! :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley:

milan has this big problem in the backfield... jaap stam is leaving for ajax... while alessandro costacurta and the great paolo maldini are not getting any younger... william gallas will be a great help for the italian squad...

hernan crespo had already showed his mettle and is a big playmaker... no doubt...

but if he joins ac milan... he will be inserted into a team that flaunts a deadly and efficient... yet silent... offensive crew... rui costa can still play... so does clarence seedorf... kaká and marek jankulovski provide youth... up front... there is the comebacking filippo inzaghi... danger man albreto gilardino... and brazilian marcio amoroso...

i think that there is nothing to lose for ac milan... the money included in the deal could be used to buy another big name defender... but andriy shevchenko has this certain aura that makes him a sentimental favorite...

it is up to chelsea to produce... now that they have michael ballack - regarded as germany's best defensive midfielder... and the possibility of having schevchenko... winning the primiership is dandy... but chelsea has yet to win the ultimate prize... reaching the semis doesn't do anything...

your right mate.i really do think that that drogba is a tosser and a big cheat! :thumbsdownsmiley:

i also have heared that it will be gallas and crespo+money for shevchenco :boo:

my my how strong would chelsea be if this happens!! :thumbsdownsmiley:  :thumbsdownsmiley:  :thumbsdownsmiley:

Rosicky deal to be announced

Tomas Rosicky is expected to announce he has sealed a move to Arsenal at a press conference on Tuesday.

The Borussia Dortmund midfielder underwent medicals with the North Londoners and Czech Republic sources claim he agreed a contract on Monday night.

After activating a clause in his contract to leave Dortmund for £6.8 million, he has had a number of clubs pursuing his signature but is due to reveal details of the move alongside agent Pavel Paska in Austria, where Czech Republic are holding their World Cup preparation camp.

"There have been about 70 clubs interested and the move to Arsenal would be a big kind of encouragement before the World Cup finals start," Czech coach Karel Bruckner revealed to CTK.

Atletico Madrid were in pole position to land the 25-year-old but their negotiations collapsed this week.

Arsenal also signed Jens Lehmann from Dortmund and Rosicky scored against Arsenal whilst with Sparta Prague, in the 2000 UEFA Champions League.

Rosicky is likely to be a replacement for Robert Pires, who is out of contract and interesting Villarreal, so Opta compared the two players' statistics.

Read Further

Kenyon: Sheva chase still on

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has insisted that The Blues are still chasing Andrei Shevchenko, but are also on the look-out for some exciting young talent to go with their more experienced summer signings.

Germany international Michael Ballack has already switched to Stamford Bridge as Chelsea look to strengthen their squad following back-to-back Premiership titles.

Shevchenko had been widely tipped to follow, but recent reports have suggested that a high-profile move is by no means a certainty.

"We have evolved to the stage where we are back-to-back champions and we should not underestimate what an achievement that is, particularly in a domestic league like the English Premiership. How do you improve on that?" Kenyon told Chelsea TV.

"It was felt what we wanted to do was bring in a different type of player. Michael Ballack fits that bill, the likes of a Shevchenko fit that bill. That type of player comes with an age and comes with an experience, probably outside the Premier League."

However, Chelsea have set their sights on a extended stay at the top, and are planning to recruit a couple of youngsters to groom for future glory.

"There has not been a great shift in what we are wanting to do and if we get both those players (Ballack and Shevchenko), I guarantee that we will also have two very exciting younger players that will be the future of Chelsea.

"There will be a continued development of our youth - more (Lassana) Diarras - the best in their class at their age. They will be added to the team with some older players."

Amid reports that Ballack will become by far and away The Premiership's highest paid star, Kenyon has stressed that there is a limit to the amount of money the club will spend on wages.

"Most definitely we have got a wage structure and as is normal there have been gross exaggerations over what Ballack is being paid," he asserted.

"Like anyone else's salary, that is confidential and I am certainly not going to disclose it, but I am confident Michael is signing for us on a salary that is commensurate with what he is as a player and is within the wages structure we have adopted in the last two years at Chelsea.

"The first thing we did when I arrived was get a grip on the size of the squad. We were getting accused of almost collecting players and it was about getting the squad down to a size that was manageable.

"The ambitions of this club are to do well in all four competitions so you need more than 15 players but I am not sure you need 35.

"We sat down with Jose, talked about it and we thought the 23-24 mark was about right. The first year I came we moved 14 players out and brought eight in."

[READ]

grabe. i just talked to destiny and they will be showing all the world cup games live but at a premium price of 6,000 pesos.

:grr:

Games start at 12 midnight. But looks like i have to pay just to watch thte games.  :cry:

you'll know it at once when they are giving u a rotten deal. you have to get up at such late hours and they are conning you out of your money.i hate the cable companies.such pricks!!! :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :grr: :grr: :grr:

it is obvious that pires is on a decline na... sayang nga lang at 'di na n'ya magagawang mag-retire bilang isang arsenal player... which he wants to noong nag-sign s'ya ng one-year extension... if he didn't sign the extension... there is a chance na nasa galatasaray s'ya ngayon...

pero sana naman bumalik na lang s'ya sa france...

http://soccernet-att.espn.go.com/images/jb2/roon412.jpg

The World awaits...

After four weeks of intense speculation, England will finally discover whether Wayne Rooney has any chance of going to the World Cup on Friday. The 20-year-old spent just under half an hour having the scan which is set to determine the likelihood of him making Sven-Goran Eriksson's 23-man squad.

MORE

http://soccernet-att.espn.go.com/design05/i/players/9610.jpgMorientes heads back to Spain

Liverpool have announced that striker Fernando Morientes has joined Valencia for an undisclosed fee. The 30-year-old striker failed to live up to his reputation during his 16 months on Merseyside and managed just 12 goals in 61 games.

MORE

http://soccernet-att.espn.go.com/design05/DJ/20060327/shev_np.jpg

"He's yours - at a cost"

AC Milan have accepted Andriy Shevchenko's transfer request but have warned Chelsea they must break the bank to land the Ukraine striker.

Shevchenko, 29, appeared alongside the Italian club's vice-president Adriano Galliani at their offices in Via Turati in downtown Milan at a hastily arranged press conference to announce his decision this afternoon.

Shevchenko said: 'I am leaving for family reasons - I want to thank the club for everything it's given to me.

'There's no problems regarding my relationship with anyone in the club or any financial problems.'

Galliani, in day-to-day control of the club owned by former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, said: 'It's a victory of the English language over the Italian language.'

That was apparently a reference to Shevchenko's American wife who reportedly wants a move to England.

'I've tried to convince him to stay - even one minute prior to the press conference,' continued Galliani.

'This is certainly the most painful divorce since I have been at Milan and from now on we will begin negotiations with Chelsea and it will not be easy.'

Shevchenko's goals helped Milan stay in the race for the Scudetto in the recently-completed season - they ultimately finished second behind Juventus - but was reportedly at odds with his coach, Carlo Ancelotti, on several occasions.

Chelsea, who also signed Germany captain Michael Ballack earlier in May, have been linked with the striker ever since the acquisition of the club by Russian owner Roman Abramovich.

Milan signed Shevchenko to a contract extension last year, which tied him to the Rossoneri until June 2009, after speculation Chelsea were about to make an approach.

Shevchenko, who will captain Ukraine at the World Cup this summer in Germany, turns 30 in September.

He joined Milan from Dynamo Kiev in 1999.

Shevchenko is the second top scorer in the history of AC Milan behind Gunnar Nordahl.

The Ukrainian has scored 173 goals in his seven years at the club and is a former winner of the Ballon d'Or.

'My wish is that the club can evaluate my transfer,' said Shevchenko. 'Of course I am saddened because I have seen the looks on the faces of the fans and because of the many messages I have received.

'My wife has nothing to do with this. We decided together for the best interests of our family.

'I don't speak English, my wife does not speak Ukrainian - the only language we have in common at the moment is Italian and the only way to be able to teach our children our love that we have for them is the English language.'

Shevchenko and his model wife Kristen Pazik have an 18-month old son called Jordan Andriy.

[READ]

Edited by luol_deng
grabe. i just talked to destiny and they will be showing all the world cup games live but at a premium price of 6,000 pesos.

:grr:

Games start at 12 midnight. But looks like i have to pay just to watch thte games.  :cry:

I also just saw the telecast schedule of Sports Plus (http://www.solar-entertainment.com/sportsplus/football_fifa.html). Almost all the games will be shown on a super-delayed basis - even the final match will be shown three (!!!) days after match date. The only live telecasts are a handful of first round matches, but none of the big ones. I think Solar Entertainment got the cheapest package available. Just another example of the frustrations football fans always encounter in this country.

Looks like I have no choice but to go to the bars, restaurants and hotels again, like in 2002. to watch the matches live.

I also just saw the telecast schedule of Sports Plus (http://www.solar-entertainment.com/sportsplus/football_fifa.html). Almost all the games will be shown on a super-delayed basis - even the final match will be shown three (!!!) days after match date. The only live telecasts are a handful of first round matches, but none of the big ones. I think Solar Entertainment got the cheapest package available. Just another example of the frustrations football fans always encounter in this country.

Looks like I have no choice but to go to the bars, restaurants and hotels again, like in 2002. to watch the matches live.

wtf?!! only 4 live matches?!!! thats bull....tapos lahat group stages lng...

Korea Republic vs. Togo

Ecuador vs. Costa Rica

Costa Rica vs. Poland

Ghana vs. USA

..stupid live games..wala man lng european teams..t**..

but i like to watch the quarters to final on a bar where a lot of football fans are cheering and drnking...pero group stages ok lng sa bahay...mauubos pera ko nyan..haha..

Shevchenko to leave AC Milan

Written by: Jonathan Roorda

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2006/may/27/...-leave-ac-milan

MILAN, May 26 (SW) - Ukranian striker Andriy Shevchenko has confirmed his departure from AC Milan, and is currently negotiating with English champions Chelsea.

Shevchenko, who joined Milan from Dinamo Kiev in 1999, says that his decision has nothing to do with the team: "I leave because of personal reasons. There are no problems with the club and it has nothing to do with financial matters. I thank the club for everything."

The forward's finest moment came in 2003, winning the Champions Club with the Rossoneri. Shevchenko himself was responsible for the deciding spotkick in the penalty shoot-out against Juventus in the final.

Recently, Chelsea have shown interest in the striker, who is to spearhead his national team's formation at the upcoming World Cup in Germany.

'Salamon Kalou to join Chelsea'

Written by: Soccerway

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2006/may/27/...to-join-chelsea

Feyenoord player Salamon Kalou is likely to join Chelsea this summer. Kalou is currently in London negotiating his contract with Chelsea.

Chris Woerts, marketing director of Feyenoord, announced the departure of the striker from Ivoar Coast on Saturday. "We have given Kalou permission to talk to Chelsea". "We've been talking to Chelsea for a while now, but although things look good, we have not yet agreed on the transfer sum".

One obstacle for a direct move is that Kalou needs to acquire a working permit in England. Regulations say that a foreign player needs to have played a decent number of interlands before he can join an English team. Kalou, however, has failed to get the Dutch-nationality which he wanted so he could play for Holland this summer in Germany. Chelsea coach Mourinho is said to defend Kalou for a special commission that makes it possible for extreme talented players to play in the English Premier League.

Because Kalou's contract expires in 2007, the transfer sum is estimated to be around 10 million euros.

tsk tsk tsk mukhang nagsisimula na si mourinho buuin ang team nya, sino pa kaya ang bibilhin niya aside from shevchenko, ballack & kalou? hmm, who will be next?...sayang kung nakuha ng Barsa si Thierry Henry, sarap sanang panoorin ng laban nila nun...

hello?... nasaang territory ang bansang naka-bold letters?...

Korea Republic vs. Togo

Ecuador vs. Costa Rica

Costa Rica vs. Poland

Ghana vs. USA

but i like to watch the quarters to final on a bar where a lot of football fans are cheering and drnking...pero group stages ok lng sa bahay...mauubos pera ko nyan..haha..

Korea Republic vs. Togo

Ecuador vs. Costa Rica

Costa Rica vs. Poland

Ghana vs. USA

There is one group stage match I wouldn't want to miss - Holland vs. Argentina, June 22, 2:00 am (Manila time).