The Football Thread

Labuyo

ngayon, sino kaya ang magiging champs sa 2006 CL?

Atsaka malapit na WC2006... Brazil kaya mananalo? :P

i'm hoping for a barcelona-ac milan finals

yup world cup...i'm happy that the sports channel (the one with reema chanco et al) will be showing the games - i hope they do....it's was such a tragedy that the last world cup was the ultimate chance to promote the sport in the philippines given minimal time difference between us and japan/korea....but what happened? only dream cable carried the games....so unless you have satellite tv which you use on your yacht of vacations house in the beach you can't watch the games on cable (which almost 80% of homes in manila have)....was really disappointed that even the PFF did not take advantage and let the minority keep the monopoly of football coverage....hope it's different this year

as to the winner....well sentimental favorite is brazil (have been a fan ever since I saw Pele in Victory and got tapes of the 70 world cup team)....hard to find a better attacking side with Ronaldinho, Kaka, Robinho, maybe Juninho even Adriano....don't forget Fred and of course Ronaldo.....defense though will be a bit shaky......but definitely I wouldn't want the US to figure prominently in the WC....any country who calls is soccer while the rest of the world knows its football doesn't deserve any plance in the WC

talo real!!!...ang bulok!..pero galing ni henry ngyn...hayop sa dribbling....

talo din chelsea..tsk tsk..humble down morinho...

lakas ng milan ngyn..pati lyon...

swerte ng juve...dapat werder n un e...haha...sayang..

i hope inter wins nx week...papalabas ba ng live?..

nwei ung draw for the quarters later live at 730...espn ata...

vieira's juventus is drawn against his former club arsenal... i wonder how he'll handle the queasy feeling of playing against the gunners in highbury...

the iberian derby is set with benfica-barcelona match...

unstoppable offense meets immovable defense in lyon-milan tussle...

unlikely quarterfinalists villareal will take on the winner of the ajax-internazionale match...

Edited by teio
with the draw results..ill go for juve, barca, inter and milan....3 itallian teams?...wow...tignan ntn kung tama hula ko...haha..

pero id like to see benfica beat the catalans...haha...

Me too. Though I'm a Juventus / Barca fan. I would like to see at least some good football at the Barca vs. Benfica game, just like what Benfica did to Liverpool. SL Benfica's got a big heart and are not afraid to take on the bigger teams.

Para sa akin, it's gonna be Juventus / Barcelona sa finals. I just hope Juventus would stop "playing" around and take their game seriously coz I admit they just got lucky against Werder Bremen.

Mahihirapan ang Arsenal kung aasa lang sila kay Henry. Juventus likes to dismantle their opponents with counter attacks (which most of the times leads to offside calls). The Arsenal defense can be easily breached for an attack-minded team like Juventus. The Arsenal boys might get quite a beating here. Regarding Viera, I believe he still respect Arsenal and would just play as professional as he should be. If Arsenal wins this game, well then I'll be impressed. :cool:

Lyon vs. Milan, this one's tough to call. I don't know if Lyon's defence department has completely recovered from their injuries. Juninho won't be available on the first leg due to suspension. I'm in for Lyon here but I think AC Milan has an edge.

Nga pala, SL Benfica was able to crush two great English teams at the Champions League. Galing!

Edited by dj_flip03
Me too.  Though I'm a Juventus / Barca fan.  I would like to see at least some good football at the Barca vs. Benfica game, just like what Benfica did to Liverpool.  SL Benfica's got a big heart and are not afraid to take on the bigger teams. 

Para sa akin, it's gonna be Juventus /  Barcelona sa finals.  I just hope Juventus would stop "playing" around and take their game seriously coz I admit they just got lucky against Werder Bremen.

Mahihirapan ang Arsenal kung aasa lang sila kay Henry.  Juventus likes to dismantle their opponents with counter attacks (which most of the times leads to offside calls).  The Arsenal defense can be easily breached for an attack-minded team like Juventus.  The Arsenal boys might get quite a beating here.  Regarding Viera, I believe he still respect Arsenal and would just play as professional as he should be.  If Arsenal wins this game, well then I'll be impressed.  :cool:

Lyon vs. Milan, this one's tough to call.  I don't know if Lyon's defence department has completely recovered from their injuries.  Juninho won't be available on the first leg due to suspension.  I'm in for Lyon here but I think AC Milan has an edge.

Nga pala, SL Benfica was able to crush two great English teams at the Champions League.  Galing!

im sure mahihirapan ang arsenal ngyn...oo nga noh..ano kaya feeling nun? viera playing against his old team...haha...

if benfica beats the catalans?...ill go for benfica all the way...haha...kahit they face inter pa...haha...

sino sino nga pla home sa 1st leg?...and kelan ung game?...

benfica??? gosh.. never expected that they would defeat liverpool.. pero that's football.. kaya exciting..

sana maganda ang game sa finals.. not like the 2004 finals.. though ganda ng game.. pero not that big hit.. hindi kasi giant ang teams.. FC Porto and AS Monacco.. mas exciting kung big Clubs ang maglaro sa finals.. para mas madami fans mag anticipate ng game.. since wala na liverpool.. barcelona nalang bet ko.. wag lang ma injure si Magician..

MAY 17.. sana may place na where we could watch.. :D

baka magkarambulan ulit kung all-milan semis :lol:

oo nga noh..haha..i was for inter p nmn...pasok na...disallowed pa...haha...i hope derby sa semis...haha...if juve wins the CL then the domestic league....world cup nlng...del piero for italy....trezegeut for france...haha..

real and valencia settle for a goaless draw...ang bulok....

oo nga noh..haha..i was for inter p nmn...pasok na...disallowed pa...haha...i hope derby sa semis...haha...if juve wins the CL then the domestic league....world cup nlng...del piero for italy....trezegeut for france...haha..

real and valencia settle for a goaless draw...ang bulok....

balita ko wala si papa becks kaya natalo :lol:

pero asar talaga ako noong laban ng birmingham at west brom, wala namang kwenta, kinut pa ang F1, kainis talaga :thumbsdownsmiley:

ganda ng mga laban ngayong sunday night sa EPL hehehe

balita ko wala si papa becks kaya natalo :lol:

pero asar talaga ako noong laban ng birmingham at west brom, wala namang kwenta, kinut pa ang F1, kainis talaga  :thumbsdownsmiley:

ganda ng mga laban ngayong sunday night sa EPL hehehe

e kasi ung espn at starsports ntn masyadong maka english....they really think that english premiere is the best league in the world...haha..kaya halos lahat ng english matches pinapalabas sa epsn star sports ntn...tsk tsk tsk....