The Football Thread

Labuyo

eRon.. nag lalaro ka ba football.. saan.. pwede ba kaya ako.. it's been 5 years na kasi since last game ko.. hehe.. kaka miss na... exhausting pero sulit.... lalo na pag naka score...

maury, we play every saturday sa admu... pitch is a lot better than sunken garden's...

every 3 pm onwards... pitch sa me blue eagle kami naglalaro, pero kung d pede, we flock sa high school sa me moro sports complex... lemme know if you wanna try it out...

nga pala, i havent seen vidic play yet... is he anywhere near as good as stam? from what i know, vidic is from serbia-montenegro, and they're grouped with holland and argentina together with ivory coast...

im big oranje fan and although stam isnt playing, id hate to see them lose againts the serbs and montegrins... a defeat by the albecelestes i can deal with... but not by serbia and motenegro...hehe

tnx bro.. hope oneday maka laro ulit ako.. mukhang lampa na ata ako.. 5 years na kasing stock..

i have an officemate hu told me that he's alsa playing sa admu.. gusto ko din sana sumali.. pero baka mga pro na kayo.. kakahiya naman.. i even don't know my level anymore.. hehe.. baka mapahiya lang.. pero ask ko din yung officemate ko.. baka maka sama din ako sa kanya.. na injure ata sya dati.. napunit yung knee ligament nya.. im not sure.. sge bro.. tnx ulit..

NOOD TAYO WORLD CUP GAMES.. TAPOS PUSTAHAN.. PERO SMALL TIME LANG.. PAMPA GANA LANG..

was at nsg yesterday, yup, they'l be airing games for the world cup...

d ko nga lang natanong re uefa...

tnx bro.. hope oneday maka laro ulit ako.. mukhang lampa na ata ako.. 5 years na kasing stock..

i have an officemate hu told me that he's alsa playing sa admu.. gusto ko din sana sumali.. pero baka mga pro na kayo.. kakahiya naman.. i even don't know my level anymore.. hehe.. baka mapahiya lang.. pero ask ko din yung officemate ko.. baka maka sama din ako sa kanya.. na injure ata sya dati.. napunit yung knee ligament nya.. im not sure.. sge bro.. tnx ulit..

NOOD TAYO WORLD CUP GAMES.. TAPOS PUSTAHAN.. PERO SMALL TIME LANG.. PAMPA GANA LANG..

nsg usually airs world cup games..dun kami nanuod nung 2002 world cup...masaya tlga..lahat ng nandun soccer fans..talo ung mga germany fans...haha..pero nung finals lng...ewan ko lng kng pati ung group games papalabas nila...sana uefa din...ill try to ask if mapadaan ako..

tara pustahan kahit small amounts lng pampagana...haha..pano pustahan? plus .5 or 1 or 1.5 goals?..parang ganun o ung ibang style?...

Edited by xycho_g
one of anfield's 90s glamor boys is back... robbie fowler dons the red of liverpool once again...

hehehe..oo nga he's back and hi is for free..what a snatch...he will score for the Reds again...

last night a dissappointing draw for Liverpool 1-1 Birmingham...

Xabi Alonso scored his own goal for Birmingham, Robbie fowler could have been scored at his return but it wass an offside... <_<

other scores for yesterdays games

English Premier

Arsenal 2:3 West Ham United -Arsenal's hopes of securing Champions League football suffered another body-blow as West Ham recorded a shock 3-2 win at Highbury.

Blackburn 4:3 Man Utd -Blackburn manager Mark Hughes has hit back at Sir Alex Ferguson's claim that his side 'foul all the time'.

Portsmouth 1:1 Bolton

Aston Villa 1:1 Chelsea

Man City 3:0 Newcastle - Graeme Souness sacked!

Charlton Athletic 0:0 West Brom

English League Championship

Derby 0:1 Sheffield United

Spanish Cup

05:00 / 02-02 Barcelona 2:1 Zaragoza

Italian Cup

04:00 / 02-02 Roma 0:1 Juventus

00:30 / 02-02 Sampdoria 2:2 Udinese

French Cup

03:45 / 02-02 Marseille 2:0 Metz

23:59 / 01-02 Paris Saint Germain 1:0 Auxerre

02:00 / 02-02 Lorient 0:1 Lille

02:00 / 02-02 Colmar 0:0 Monaco

01:00 / 02-02 AC Ajaccio 0:0 Lyon

Scottish League Cup

03:45 / 02-02 Celtic 2:1 Motherwell

Dutch Amstel Cup

03:45 / 02-02 Groningen 2:3 PSV Eindhoven

French Le Championnat

03:00 / 02-02 Saint Etienne 1:3 Toulouse

Club Friendly

19:00 / 01-02 Lyn (Nor) 1:1 Lokomotiv Moscow (RUS)

Shame on Souness. This is a result of the ineffectivity of his purchases. Dapat si Shearer na lang ang maging manager nila eh. :D

Who else plays football here? I play FUTSAL every Wed and Sun at Club650(Libis) and then FOOTBALL on every Tue at Corinthian Gardens. If there's anyone interested in playing just holler at me.

blackburn's david bentley scored a hat-trick in their 4-3 win against manchester united... it was only a day after he signed his permanent transfer from arsenal...

i got the chance to see vidic play in the aforementioned game... he is too far to be compared to someone like jaap stam... i was surprised to see rio ferdinand playing the central defensive midfield role... still, i don't like manchester united for one reason - egotistical players... cristiano ronaldo is a flopper... and in the blackburn game... he just did one... he obviously missed a kick and to save him from shame... he just flopped as if he was hit at the back by poor robbie savage... and he thinks he is that great of a player... when great players do not throw foul gestures towards fans...

then there is wayne rooney... ferdinand... alan smith... so on... save paul scholes... ryan giggs... and ruud van nistelrooy...

Shame on Souness.  This is a result of the ineffectivity of his purchases.  Dapat si Shearer na lang ang maging manager nila eh. :D

Who else plays football here?  I play FUTSAL every Wed and Sun at Club650(Libis) and then FOOTBALL on every Tue at Corinthian Gardens.  If there's anyone interested in playing just holler at me. 

yeah i heard bout that tuesday game at corinthians... me nag aya na din... but damn tuesdays are hard to manage... coding na tapos dami work...hehe havent played yet sa club650, how much do they charge an hour?

ur welcome bro...

dont worry, d naman seryoso laro dun... although pag me dayong team from up, mejo seryoso na ung game... thats when people start wearing their shin pads...haha pero meron paring naglalaro sa ibang fields... thats what makes playing in admu great... daming fields so if a game is going on in one pitch, pwedeng mag set up pa ng kahit 7 a side man lang sa kabila...

cge nood tayo WC... im routing for the netherlands and the czechs... sana makalaro c koller... it would really be a nice match if they go beyond the group stage and meet barzil... i know the czechs havent played the selecao yet but both sides i think have the best lineups on paper together with england and argentina... plus the contrast in style between the two would either result in a gallery of goals or a match ending 1-nil...

jan koller (who is a mighty 6'8") gets most of his goals in the air, via corners and crosses... he lead the european zone in goals but sadly got injured and is now sidelined... if adriano (also above 6 feet) gets the nod for brazil (w'c i think he will)... it'l be like wathcing basketball players manning the front for both teams..haha

midfield will be quite a show with nedved, smicer, poborsky an equal match to ronaldinho and company... although i still have to give the edge to brazil because of cafu and roberto carlo's ability to spring up from full back and help the attack...

crucial (and kawawa) will be the defense of both sides as i think brazil is still weakest in set peices and in the air (which i think koller will be happy about)... whats good for the czechs though is that they have pter cech between the post. the guy is making rave reviews for his performance in both club and international level... (i think he holds the record for longest minutes played w/out conceding a goal 1000+ something ata...)

either way, i think the match could be the match to watch aside from the final... along with group c match netherlands vs argentina, and quarter final hopefulls germany vs england...

wohooo lapit na!

teio  Today, 06:38 PM 

blackburn's david bentley scored a hat-trick in their 4-3 win against manchester united... it was only a day after he signed his permanent transfer from arsenal...

i got the chance to see vidic play in the aforementioned game... he is too far to be compared to someone like jaap stam... i was surprised to see rio ferdinand playing the central defensive midfield role... still, i don't like manchester united for one reason - egotistical players... cristiano ronaldo is a flopper... and in the blackburn game... he just did one... he obviously missed a kick and to save him from shame... he just flopped as if he was hit at the back by poor robbie savage... and he thinks he is that great of a player... when great players do not throw foul gestures towards fans...

then there is wayne rooney... ferdinand... alan smith... so on... save paul scholes... ryan giggs... and ruud van nistelrooy...

galing tlga yan si david bentley, watched him before & may eye siya for goals, alam ko nakaloan siya dati for norwich ata & quality player siya..pag ManU vs. Blackburn tlga laging dehado ang ManU, kung baga e pangontra tlga ang Blackburn sa ManU, kasi naisip ko na ang ManU nga natalo na ang Liverpool, Arsenal & even the champions Chelsea eh pero deserving pa din ang Blackburn sa win nila, kuhang-kuha na nila ang style ng ManU, sana next time mabawian na namin sila..

mahirap i-compare si vidic kay stam kasi bago pa lang si vidic sa ManU & sa premiereship, pag tagal2x siguro, pero ang gusto ko kay vidic ay ang pagiging no nonsense defender niya, parang si stam din dati for ManU..

si cristiano ronaldo ay double edged sword, madali siya tumumba, maarte maglaro pero he has moments of brilliance na nakatulong na sa ManU para manalo in crucial games pero may mga nagawa na din siya mali such as in the CL game w/ Benfica kaya natalo ang ManU, he's great in offense w/ his creativity pero hindi siya magaling magdefend..

as for rooney, ferdinand & alan smith, si rooney dati mayabang & immature, pero ngyn slowly nagmmature na siya, mas nagiging disciplined na, bata pa kasi, magmmature din yan & he'll be a greater player than he is today..si ferdinand nman kasi ay masyado pormal maglaro, hindi siya no-nonsense defender gaya ni vidic, pero lately he has proven himself na ok siyang player, sana tuloy2x na yan..alan smith should not be a midfielder,he's a very talented striker, hard tackler pa, quality player siya..

go ManU! sna manalo ulit sila sa Liverpool in Anfield..

blackburn vs. man u... saw the damn match... ferdinand did ok i guess... but he's better off playing in his old position... sir alex better look for a real defensive midfielder...

vidic...

thats good news as far as im concerned!hehe i was afraid this vidic guy was so good... after all, serbia and montenegro only conceded 1 goal in their entire qualifying run... the dutch squad are made up of a bunch of yang lads who i think did well... for the qualifiers at least... but in a stage like the world cup, im afraid that they may not be able to take the pressure... ruud, robben, dirk kuyt and van der sar are the only regulars that have bee playing well... van der vaart is ok, but he lacks that calmness and ball wining skills ud commonly find in a seedorf or davids... im hoping that cocu would be called up and that stam would think about playing one last time... i still think he's one of the best central defenders ever...

rooney...

rooney you'd have to watch out for... the guy obviously has talent beyond his years... his temper is understandable... he's a teenager for crying out loud... haha but i guess there is a place for his aggression... remember euro portugal... the kid was probably the only shining light in the english squad... and if he werent injured mid way, i think they would have gone further... the same was the case with diego maradonna and pele... they were very young going into the world stage but made glory over and above everyone's expectations... im not saying compare rooney to diego or pele... but you have to admit the they have somewhat comparable cicrumstances going into the world cup... one is, they have a good team coming into the stage, 2 all oft them have that agression so visible on the pitch, and 3rd they have the flashy but effective style of play that would always draw people in (peles finishing, diegos dribbling, and hopefully rooneys speed and power)...my say is, rooney will at least be responsible for a couple of memorable plays this coming world cup... god i hope he doesnt swear his way into suspension... sayang e...

does anyone here seen arsenal defender sol campbell?his whereabouts is still unknown after his dismal showing during arsenal's loss to west ham the other day.any arsenal fans here? :blush: its just mind boggling what happened to the arsenal team of two years ago who went on an unbeaten run of 40 plus games.mukhang ni 4th place sa premiership to get them to qualify for next season's champions league is a tall order for the gunners.do we see thierry henry donning a brca jersey next season due to this? abangan...

Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool

damn! my Club lost! Fowler didnt even travel to Stamford bridge...di pa daw siya fit...

Liverpool controlled the game but still no luck for score.... :(

na red card pa si Pepe Reina...hew was replaced by Dudek

next match Charlton v Liverpool

oh well its not over yet bet Chelsea and Liverpool :evil:

does anyone here seen arsenal defender sol campbell?his whereabouts is still unknown after his dismal showing during arsenal's loss to west ham the other day.any arsenal fans here? :blush: its just mind boggling what happened to the arsenal team of two years ago who went on an unbeaten run of 40 plus games.mukhang ni 4th place sa premiership to get them to qualify for next season's champions league is a tall order for the gunners.do we see thierry henry donning a brca jersey next season due to this? abangan...

didnt see the game e.. oo nga the gunners dont erally look good... but hey, i think that sort of thing happens to the best of teams... like ajax in the 90's... they started out strong in the early years of the decade only to dissapoint... but in 95' and 96', they had a streak that only cemented their rep*tation as one of the premier clubs in europe, winning the champions league, the dutch super cup all in convincing fashion... as for arsenal, i think the addition of african topgun emmanuel adebayor will add dimention to a rather predictable aresenal offense... damn the guy out scored drogba in the african qualifiers and to think he's only 22 ata...

boss zuplado.. talo ang liverpool?! sheet.. chelsea panaman ang gusto kong matalo ng liverpool..

how did pepe reina got his red card.. nakipag suntukan ba? wasn't able to see the game.. sad..

napikon si reina kay arjen robben,2 yellow cards in succession nangyari sa kanya.yung 1st one is a challenge/bad tackle in the corner on a chelsea player(di ko na maalala kung sino) the second one is nung pinisil nya mukha ni robben.nakakatuwa nga reaction ni robben dito eh.nag inarte na parang nasapak. :lol:

no offense sa liverpool fans ah, gusto ko din ang pool kaso i like ManU more..nakahinga ko ng maluwag nung natalo ng Chelsea ang pool kasi may 6 pt. gap na ulit ang ManU sa kanila, buti na lang..

napikon si Rafa Benitez kay Arjen Robben, napakalampa kasi, tinulak lang ni Reina sa leeg, tumumba na, parang nagseizure, kabadtrip, yun na-red card tuloy si Reina..sana matalo ng Barsa ang Chelsea sa CL, kaso ang lakas ng Chelsea ngyn, kaya kaya sila ng Barsa? hmm...

tsk tsk tsk, ang laki ng gap ng Chelsea sa ManU, parang sila na ata ulit ang magcchampion, hay naku, may next season pa nman, xcited na ko kung sinong midfielders ang bibilhin ni Sir Alex sa break..Go ManU!..