PSV Eindhoven 20:45 Monaco

Bayern Munich 20:45 Arsenal

23/02/2005

Porto 20:45 Internazionale

Barcelona 20:45 Chelsea

Manchester United 20:45 Milan

Werder Bremen 20:45 Lyon

Dear all,

Soccer player din ako from Bulacan State U, working here in LTI sta. rosa laguna. Currently, we are forming a football team in this company(IMI) and have our first game held at the west grove hts. Nga lang talo kami in favor of Indo team, walang practice eh...

Sana magkaroon din ng team from MTC, dito sa laguna madaming pwedeng paglaruan, and I heard na Honda and Isusu has a team also...

hope to play with you guys...

God bless

footballs a better sport to play than to actually watch but if we're talking team's i know real madrid's overloaded with stars already and so is barcelona pero r. carlos is still one of the most deadly kickers i've seen (i've seen him knock a goalie unconscious once) and ronaldihno (if i spelled his name wrong i'm getting tooo sleepy already) given his age and learning curve continues to improve, nakakatakot siya in a few years... maagawan ng attention si ronaldo sa brasil team.... hehehehe (buti nga sa kanya)

English Premiership

From a non-partisan spectator's viewpoint, I'm kind of hoping that Liverpool can hold Chelsea in the early kick-off tomorrow (New Year's Day). Assuming Arsenal beat Charlton, the gap at the top will be down to only three points.

Realistically however I think Chelsea are favourites to beat Liverpool. Robben is in awesome form - I reckon there's nobody in the world playing better right now. But the Anfield crowd might have a part to play....

update:

- real madrid and real sociedad just played out the remaining 7 minutes (2+ regular time and 4 min stoppage) of the abandoned game withe zidane scoring on a penalty - final score 2-1. but still 10 pts behind barca

- luxembergo's first win as real head coach after leading cruzeiro (2003) and santos (2004) to the brazilian championship

- luxembergo started with ronaldo and morientes up front leaving owen to the bench. does this look good for morientes? he reportedly wants to go to liverpool because of the lack of playing time in madrid. this might change things

- robinho of santos reportedly will go to real madrid next year

- santi solari also reportedly going to barca by june of this year

- did anyone see the man utd-tottenham game? what a blunder by roy carrol! but an even bigger blunder by the ref in disallowing the goal!!! i like man utd but they have no chance of catching chelsea this year

barcelona just lost by 2 to villareal while real madrid wins by 3 in the local derby with atletico...only 7 points separate them

what's wrong with man utd? they only manage to draw 0-0 with exeter in the fa cup...ruud and giggs are ready to play in the upcoming uefa matches so some good news in what is otherwise an uninspired start to the new year

Go Chelsea FC!!!

Paano nga yon ano? 4 hardwares in one season! Anong tawag doon treble plus one?!

Pero sa UEFA Champions League mukhang mahihirapan sila

4 trophies in one season would be a, in american terms, a grand slam. a grand slam is usually referred to in baseball when one makes a home run while the bases are loaded, hence 4 homeruns.

in tennis, they call the major tournaments a grand slam. and there four of them in one year - australian open, us open, french open, wimbledon.

it's only used here in the pba when one wins all three tournaments in one year. i guess it's better to for marketing reasons to use grand slam than treble or triple crown.

just some useless information to share

looks like it will be difficult to stop chelsea!

knockout stage of uefa next month! with the big clubs facing each other. i may be mistaken but it's chelsea vs barca, man u vs ac milan, etc.

FTLOF!

Unfortunately for football in the Philippines it will take a few generations before we can become a respectable footballing country. It's a good thing we won over East Timor in the Tiger Cup. Some people have been scoffing at our win but they don't realize that East Timor was once part of Indonesia and we can't even get past our own half when playing againts Indonesia. This is a good win and congratulations to the players.

I remember during the last SEA games here in Manila when we won over Malaysia 1-0. That was a good game and a good feeling. It was like a party after the game at Rizal Memorial.

BTW, some of you may know while some may not, we have a Filipino pro in Vietnam named Freddy Gonzales. Hope this is a beginning of something good for Philippine football.

3:55am ESPN "Round 2 of the Battle of the Buffet Table" Arsenal vs. Man Utd

While we are focused on EPL and LFP, don't forget about Serie A... AC Milan just lost again to Bologna while Juventus won over Atlanta...Juve ahead in standings by 8 pts over AC Milan