The Football Thread

Labuyo

the suspension on mutu was a slap on the wrist compared to the suspension of rio ferdinand, which i think partly caused manU to lose the premiereship..what are they trying to imply? better to admit that a player has taken drugs? mutu should've gotten the same suspension time (but he isn't an important part of chelsea anyway, they're still the same squad w/out him hehe :D )

good for ruud..a quad! 35 goals in 36 matches..its sad he won't be available for the man city match on sunday..hope manU can get their form back against city..go manU

good for owen..he's finally finding a place in real..too bad for real, a draw with dynamo kiev..

soccer/football is the best! :D :mtc: :cool:

manu and mancity settle for a goalless draw

real wins 2-0 againts malaga and now in second place behine (7 pts) barca

even the big boss of chelsea was very much disappointed with the 7 mos. suspension of mutu. he was actually the one who called the attention of the press that mutu's suspension was less than ferdinand. the chelsea boss was actually hoping for a 2-yr ban on mutu!

and that's coming from mutu's boss

manu and mancity settle for a goalless draw

real wins 2-0 againts malaga and now in second place behine (7 pts) barca

even the big boss of chelsea was very much disappointed with the 7 mos. suspension of mutu. he was actually the one who called the attention of the press that mutu's suspension was less than ferdinand. the chelsea boss was actually hoping for a 2-yr ban on mutu!

and that's coming from mutu's boss

i think mutu admitted to taking cocaine which is why he was only given a 7 month ban while rio ferdinand missed a drug test and claims that he is innocent and does not take drugs. Mutu was rewareded for his honesty.

Rio deliberately missed his drug test simply because he knew he will fail. He is not clean as the way other people thought him to be.He has been playing football for all of his life and missing the drug test is like missing his football.He is not dumb to admit the real reason.

I think the way fa handed the decision to mutu was just as lenient as they did to Rio.Umamin nga lang talaga c Mutu

chelsea will be hard to beat this season....... mourinho is too shrewd for both arsene wenger and alex ferguson....... :)

the only negative thing for chelsea is that they now lack center-forwards as drogba is injured and mutu is suspended, leaving kezman the sole striker......... but mourinho is used to operating without a traditional frontman so i don't see it as a problem.....

anyway, i recommend you follow the primera liga instead....... better attacking football and the mid- and lower-level teams aren't afraid of the top guns........ if you've seen how lowly getafe attacked the "galacticos" of real madrid in a recent match you'll get the point.

in england everyone is afraid of arsenal so there isn't much challenge on them :wub:

we simply follow football. epl, la liga, seria a, uefa. its football!!!

i know what ur saying, in england the 4-4-2 formation is their best. in spain, germany, italy... its usually the 4-2-1-2-1 formation which makes the attack fluid and fast.

i still hope man utd gets the results they want come january, its when u could smell who the champions will be!!

the only negative thing for chelsea is that they now lack center-forwards as drogba is injured and mutu is suspended, leaving kezman the sole striker.........

Eidur Gudjohnson is their main stricker at the moment since drogba is out. Gudjohnson is playing quite well under mourinhio. Kezman is just a substituite until he finds his form and get some goals. chelsea is usually playing with a lone stricker up front and 5 midfielders.

WHAT THE!!!??????

whats the sense of getting all the chances in the world and not getting a goal??? dropped another game!!!

uchisy, man utd fan too?? the title is getting farther every game they dont win. :(

As so loved Manchester United,most of them came from Sheffield where i grew up! well i'm glad someone is a great fan as much as i am,another Manchester United-Arsenal duel at Old Trafford,Both clubs are relying on a mix of youth and reserve team players for the Carling Cup, England's second-tier cup competition. Arsenal beat Everton 3-1 on Tuesday, while United defeated Crystal Palace 2-0 Wednesday.The last time Arsenal and United met in the Carling Cup was three years ago. The Gunners won the third-round match 4-0 at Highbury.

Haven't followed them lately.I have been following United for close on 5 years. Growing up in Sheffield and been in manchester several times , we had two great local sides but I started following United because I liked the colour Red better than sky blue. This may seem a trivial reason to start a lifetime of passionate support but I was only about 6 at the time. Most of my mates at school were other opposing teams but still loved United.Back home..I 'live' every kick of every game, I sing every song with the United fans at the game and I even shout at the television in the pub at 7am while watching the team....GO MANCHESTER!!!!! well my exbf was a football jock and a big fan of United he encouraged me,Love!!! loved United!!

that's just great!! i am hoping i get a chance to watch a game a old trafford. esp, when they are up againsts arsenal or chelsea!!

are u in england now??

yeah!! FERGUSON'S RED ARMY!! (CA-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP...)

no im not unfortunately, i was like all perturbed at the fact that ManU is not like before all too majestic! but sure would love to hear the raucus cries of millions back in pubs then in sheffield, i'm 17 and with a fake I.d. with Lager and got fascinated by watching them on TV,the one with the turn about tack tack tack sound of cranky knobs of an 80's telly...I just love Manchester United

let's see what will happen later at 00:00 when manutd meets up with the magpies. (hello nicky. how are u doing in ur new club?) (hey patrick??? lets hope we get good results in 2006.)

saha is in form. ruud is back from suspension. scholes needs to score. gab, give them a good run!!

wow!! this is post 101. hehehe.

come on uchisy!!! lets jump around for united!!

Hello, hello, we are the Busby boys;

Hello, hello, we are the Busby boys;

And if you are a City fan surrender or you'll die;

We all follow United.

bets??

a. ruud strikes first

b. saha strikes first

c. rooney strikes first

d. ruud strikes twice

e. saha strikes twice

f. rooney a hat trick

g. united wins at 2-0