Unforgettable Experiences Riding The Mrt

i took the female only section of MRT.im a male by the way.when some lady told me i shouldnt be there, i told her may asthma ako.they allowed me in. i thought female trains are less crowded.turned out i was wrong.the only comfort i got was most women in the trains were shorter than me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm pretty sure those people who were on board the MRT when it crashed into the barrier at the Taft Ave. Station earlier had a truly unforgettable experience. What an inept government we have. How can we even talk about putting up and maintaining a nuclear facility when the government can't even properly maintain the MRT?

This happened several years ago, going home one night onboard a really jampacked train on the MRT. There was a Korean woman in front of me, I tried my best not to make body contact, but the crowd pushed me against her. She struck a conversation with me, asking how to get to Tagaytay.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yung medyo alanganing oras, konte lang ang sakay ng mrt (those were the days, hehehe), biglang may pumasok na nakamircro na kita pa pusod - looking from top :). so pinagmamasdan ko until makaupo. nung medyo mahimasmasan ako. all boys inside the train is directly looking at her eh puro lalake and laman.. what a scene, the manyak look. sarap sanang picturan kaso di pa uso ang phone n may camera... haha

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

when i was doing my OJT sa PLDT Makati dati

sumakay ako sa Cubao station

maaga nun, siksikan pero nde pa kasing dami ng tao unlike today

anyway pagsakay ko, napapwesto ako sa may pinto

since wala ako makapitan, humawak ako dun sa cover ng ilaw (yung white, rectangular plastic covering the flourescent light)

pag andar ng tren, pucha yung ibang tao na nde nakahawak, napasubsob sakin

ayun bumigay yung hinahawakan ko (parang natanggal sya sa pinagkakabitan) di ko alam kung pano kasi parang naka screw sya dapat eh

sa takot ko na mahalata nung iba passengers, hinawakan ko (na may kasamang diin paitaas) yung natanggal na cover

kahit pagdating sa guadalupe at buendia, kung saan nagbabaan na yung iba tao, nakahawak pa din ako (which looked weird kasi ako lang nakahawak dun sa part na yun during the whole trip :lol: aircon pero ako pawis na pawis sa kaba)

pagdating ng ayala, pagbukas ng pinto, sabay bitaw agad ako at takbo sa escalator.. walang lingunan! hahaha

• 4 months later...
Guest Menma

yung nag mamadali biglang andiyan na sabay nahulog ang card ko at nag panic sabay biglang sigaw ng "SANDALI!!!" ayun parang tanga lang nakatingin lahat ng tao sa akin naiwan pa ako ng MRT. :(

• 2 months later...

A few years ago when I was still working in makati I had no choice but to ride the MRT to work from QC because of parking and traffic.

One time going to work in the mor ing rush crowd as the train approached I felt the usual push and crush of people propellibg me to the oncoming train. This was normal so I braced myself to be mildly pummelled as people started piling onto the train.

As the train cab became impossibly full and I saw that there was no way I would be able to fit with the dozens of people behind me, I started backpedaling back to the platform. But the crush of people behind me pushing me forward was too strong so I ended up by the doors. The door buzzer sounded signaling the impeding closing and leaving of the train. The doors closed on me, pinning me to the train with half my body in and half out of the cab, staining my white barong with grease and for knows what else.

I panicked and with a surge of adrenaline pushed wrenched myself clear of the closing doors, further ruining my barong. I turned around and started pushing and shoving the people behind me that were still pushing me as the train thundered off.

I made a scene yelling and shoving because I was almost trapped by doors and security guards had to restrain me.

The whole time while waiting for the next train there was a semicircle of space behind me as people were afraid to go near the angry guy in a soiled barong.

I hate the MRT.

A few years ago when I was still working in makati I had no choice but to ride the MRT to work from QC because of parking and traffic.

One time going to work in the morning rush crowd as the train approached I felt the usual push and crush of people propellibg me to the oncoming train. This was normal so I braced myself to be mildly pummelled as people started piling onto the train.

As the train cab became impossibly full and I saw that there was no way I would be able to fit with the dozens of people behind me, I started backpedaling to the platform. But the crush of people behind me pushing me forward was too strong so I ended up by the doors. The door buzzer sounded signaling the impeding closing and leaving of the train. The doors closed on me, pinning me to the train with half my body in and half out of the cab, staining my white barong with grease and for knows what else.

I panicked and with a surge of adrenaline pushed wrenched myself clear of the closing doors, further ruining my barong. I turned around and started pushing and shoving the people behind me that were still pushing me as the train thundered off.

I made a scene yelling and shoving because I was almost trapped by doors and security guards had to restrain me.

The whole time while waiting for the next train there was a semicircle of space behind me as people were afraid to go near the angry guy in a soiled barong.

I hate the MRT.

The story I'm about to tell is a killer(I Hope)

This goes way back my college days, me and my classmates are on our way home from OJT. We took the MRT from Kamuning, while we're in the train it just stopped somewhere in the middle of guadalupe and buendia station. One of my jackass friend just shouted inside the train and said " AY SHET NA FLAT YUNG GULONG!!!" and then all the passengers looked outside the window to check the rail UNDERNEATH... then they all looked at him with such disdain... And all of my friends we can't just stop smirking and trying to contain our laughs :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: And then we thought of 2 things, How can you peek outside the window and check if the wheels were flat like you can see something underneath just by peeking outside the windos, second train wheels can never be flat...

• 2 months later...

Southbound train. Came from Cubao and planned to alight at Ayala.

Nasira yung train sa Boni station and pinababa lahat ng passengers. Mejo maraming tao sa platform so naglakad ako near the edge. Unfortunately, nashoot yung paa ko sa gap between the train and platform! Buti na lang andun pa yung train and di pa gumagalaw, otherwise bagsak ako sa riles.

Ayun pinagtinginan ako ng mga tao and I was like "No I'm cool" kahit nagkasugat yung braso ko. Station personnel did not have any first aid kit.

Opted to ride the bus na lang a few mins after instead of going back sa crowded platform. Hehehe

rode the co-ed section after years of avoiding the MRT...on a weekday. during the morning rush.

it was the first time I experienced riding the train without needing to hold on one of those hand grips or posts. IT. WAS. JUST. THAT. CROWDED.

I told my officemate that I won't take the train again.

months later, i took back what I said. sans his knowledge, of course. :D

• 5 months later...

i met my gf (now ex) on mrt. i worked in an office near shaw mrt. i had to buy something in glorietta, i decided to go on my lunch break. nag mrt na ako, mabilis lang naman. on my way back to shaw, i noticed a cute girl (with big boobs) struggling with her stuff. she had alot of shopping bags and her hands were full, plus she was trying to hold on to the rail. i didnt help her right away, i was afraid she would think im a creep. but when she dropped one of her bags during a sudden acceleration, yun na, i gave her a smile and offered to help her. buti naman she accepted. i made small talk... turns out she had the same idea i did. she had a small business in ortigas area and she needed some supplies from glorietta for her shop. sobra hassle to drive and park so better mag mrt nalang. but she didnt anticipate the trouble of carrying all those bags. its a good thing i was there at the right time hehe. we ended up talking more over coffee at shang mall. it wasnt a busy day, so nag half day nalang ako, i texted my staff na hindi na ako babalik. time flew by, i didnt even notice it got dark until i started feeling hungry, dinner time na pala. i invited her to have dinner with me, but she really had to leave...dinner plans with her bf...but not for long. we kept in touch. a few weeks later nag break din sila and naging kami.