Ex Pba Players

peep_tom

Chip Engeland also taught Grant Hill some FT and perimeter shooting...

Just not sure if it was in Detroit or Orlando...

Any news on Johnedel Cardel, Marte Saldana and Ruel Gomez?

Joey Guanio was a technical committee member of the Collegiate Champions League. Bogs Adornado is now the coach of Adamson. Atoy CO is reportedly being wooed to coach Mapua...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey Guanio was a technical committee member of the Collegiate Champions League. Bogs Adornado is now the coach of Adamson. Atoy CO is reportedly being wooed to coach Mapua...

I think it was back during his Detroit days...

Saw Cardel in Mandaluyong, Boni to be exact. Eating in a carinderia :D He lives theres, I just don't know if he still plays ball.

i saw atoy co sa isang bar sa metro walk months ago. isa sha sa mga may ari dun sa bar

as for the abe king shootout this happened way back in december 1989 at that time he was still playing for great taste. pero ung namatay sya sa us bago lang un. as for dondon ampalayo nasa america na rin ito.

well balita ko may plano na syang manirahan dyan. si bal david ang wala na akong balita

Si Bal David, idol ko yan... hehehehehe! Napanood ko one time sa TV na pinopromote yung Internet and Gaming cafe

niya along Santolan...

I don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread pero another ex-PBA player from the 70s who is no longer with us is the late Arturo "Tembong" Melencio. He was stabbed to death in a Pasay City beerhouse back in the late 90s while trying to stop a brawl. Sad end to a good man's life. :(

Its Rogelio hindi po Arturo... he was a college coach when he was stabbed to death!!! He was the coach of Yancy de Ocampo

when the later was still starting to show his stuff... he has a son who used to play in UST and became a PBL and MBA player.

Guest airmax

No idea about jeff moore and dennis still. alam ko balak kuning import ni jawo si jeff moore para maglaro sa ginebra kaso nakuha na nila noon si billy ray bates. as for dennis still after the ncc folded up e malamang bumalik na ng pinas ito. as for nani demigillio. way back in 1999 or 2000 madalas kung makita ito sa may ever gotesco mall. laging nakikipagkulitan sa mga tindera ng mall na yon. pero minsan nakita ko sa may ortigas un naka suot ng polo barong. parang papasok ng opisina. well at least ok naman sya at may work sya as for marte saldana nasa us na un. after his career faded he went to the us he returned in 1990 to try it again in the pba naglaro sya sa presto noon kaso after a year balik america na sya.

Naging Vice Mayor ng Caloocan si Varela some years back. Kay Malonzo yata siya e.

Dati novelty yung ulo niya. Ngayon uso na sa PBA. hehehe

Si Leo Isaac naging coach sa PBL. Hindi ko na lang alam kung nasaan na ngayon. Si Mike Advani negosyante yata.

Heto gusto ko malaman kung nasaan na: si Dennis Abbatuan! Di ba siya nagtala din ng high score sa isang PBA game, parang lagpas 50 pts yata.

Si Leo Isaac head coach ng Arellano U....

The PBA must do a lot of thinking of adding teams to the league... having

former players play competitive basketball once again might draw a LOT

more interest in the league. Yun nga lang, financials will be a problem, but

I think that will be just a mere detail on the benefit that the idea might bring..

What do you think?? Para naman di masayang yung mga talents ng mga

homegrown pinoys, fans today enjoy Fil-Ams... or sorry to say, some of

them, Fil-Shams....

i saw atoy co sa isang bar sa metro walk months ago. isa sha sa mga may ari dun sa bar

Metro Phi Bar...

The PBA must do a lot of thinking of adding teams to the league... having

former players play competitive basketball once again might draw a LOT

more interest in the league. Yun nga lang, financials will be a problem, but

I think that will be just a mere detail on the benefit that the idea might bring..

What do you think?? Para naman di masayang yung mga talents ng mga

homegrown pinoys, fans today enjoy Fil-Ams... or sorry to say, some of

them, Fil-Shams....

well... I think there are at least 4 teams that are interested to join the PBA

if all goes according to plan there wld be 2 additional teams next yr...

and 2 more for the following year... good thing di ma-disband ang coke

funny i came across this thread, i saw Elmer Reyes just recently lang looking at some items sa isang garage sale. he was drving a van and semi kalbo sya. i remember him so well because oh his kiler side step move during his time. Side step was the cross-over before. galing galing nya noon sa San Miguel.

Guest airmax
Siya rin pala yung coach ng national team na nanalo ng GOLD sa 1991 Manila

SEA Games with Jun Limpot and Vergel Meneses leading the team...

pare correction. si Francis Rodriguez ang naging coach ng team na ito. Melencio coached the 1993 team led by Poch Junio, Mike Orquillias and Onchie Dela cruz

I just heard the news that Gido Babilonia have succumbed to a heart attack. I think it was also heart disease that stopped his basketball career.

Yes, Nani Demigillo is a security guard in sta. lucia mall. I even saw him once in a barong.

Elmer Reyes, I don't know much about him, but I once him riding the MRT.

Edited by barong_guy

from manilatimes.net

Former PBA player Babilonia, 40

VEGILDO BABILONIA, the former Santo Tomas U Tiger and Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) veteran, died of possible complications from pneumonia at dawn Sunday. He was 40.

Babilonia, known through his nickname Guido, left behind wife Bing and sons Tommy, G-Boy and Shaq. He was an assistant coach of former Green Archer and pro cager Dindo Pumaren, his long-time friend and teammate, at the University of the East Red Warriors bench.

Babilonia was a member of the so-called Triple Towers of UST alongside Julian Rabbi Tomacruz and Bobby Jose in the mid-1980s in the University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP).

After his UAAP years, Babilonio was tapped by Magnolia in the then Philippine Amateur Basketball League (PABL) where he played alongside Pumaren.

The duo never really got separated from there as both played for Purefoods and FedEx Express (now Air21), although Babilonia also donned the jerseys of Pepsi, San Miguel and Talk ’N Text.

Babilonia was part of the De La Salle coaching staff when he was asked by Pumaren to join him at the UE bench three years ago.

A certified fitness buff, Pumaren said he was himself surprised about Babilonia’s death.

Pumaren narrated that Babilonia still joined the Red Warriors practice Wednesday, although he was already feeling some discomfort with his persistent coughing. He did not attend practice Thursday and was already confined Friday.

Last Saturday, he was admitted to the intensive care unit for closer monitoring of his condition. But at around 3 a.m. Sunday, he expired. His body underwent autopsy yesterday afternoon to determine the actual cause of death.

Babilonia’s remains will lie in state at the Marian Memorial Chapel on Marcos Highway in Antipolo. Interment will be announced later.