Ex Pba Players

peep_tom

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last week, nakasalubong ko si TERRY SALDAÑA sa MRT Shaw...

nagulat ako, naka-white T-shirt & maong jeans lang siya...w/ belt bag...

may sumbrero pa siya...cguro nahihiyang ipakita mukha niya...

di naman siguro... but it's quite sad that most of the pioneers of the pba weren't able to reap the rewards of what they planted...

member parin kaya nung sect ni ruben ecleo? hehehe i remembered nung game ng crispa vs toyota, sya mvp he greeted ruben ecleo

last week, nakasalubong ko si TERRY SALDAÑA sa MRT Shaw...

nagulat ako, naka-white T-shirt & maong jeans lang siya...w/ belt bag...

may sumbrero pa siya...cguro nahihiyang ipakita mukha niya...

Vic Rambo Sanchez is a politician in Binan, Laguna. Bryan Gahol who used to play for SMB & Alaska plays in another league. Where are these players now> Botchok de los Santos, Willie Generalao, Joy Dionisio, Alejandrito Miego, Rene Canent, Mike Bilbao, Rudolf Klutch?

Si Canent at Kutch sa US naka based. Eto rin ata si Botchok sa US din not sure nga lang ako.

Kamusta na pala si Roehl Gomez? Naglaro dati sa Alaska - magaling din sa shooting...kaso sandali rin lang ang playing career. Sobrang dami kasi ng talent - both Fil Ams and locals...

last time i saw him was on sky cable community channel. hinugot sya ng isang team sa antipolo para maglaro sa liga doon.

where are they now?

San Miguel (the early days; before 1986)

- Manny Paner and Estoy Estrada (both mythical 5 selection in 1975; their point guard was Yoyong Martirez)

- Jess Migalbin, Ramas, Rudy Lalota, Marlo Jacutin, Paguntalan

- Marte Saldana (1982 ROY)

- remember Otto Moore and Larry Pounds?

Utex Wranglers (1st franchise to win a PBA crown, other than Crispa and Toyota)

- Danny Florencio, Rudy Kutch, Larry Mumar (estranged husband of Coney Reyes), Lim Eng Beng, Noblezada

- "Etok" Lobo, Dasalla, Jimmy Taguines

- Fritz Gaston is still the RP women's basketball team coach

- of course, who could forget Glen Mcdonald, who led the franchise to 2 titles: 1978 open conference (together with Byron "Snake" Jones) and the memorable 1980 open conference game 5 (it was best of 5 series) where toyota was leading by 4 with 16 seconds left in regulation, but somehow, utex sent the game into OT, and won the game

Tanduay (Elizalde's time; before the franchise was sold to Tan)

- early stars include Mike Bilbao, Rene Canent, "Botchok" delos Santos, Cleofas, Jimmy Manansala; Freddie Webb became an actor and a 1-term senator; as stated in previous posts, Vic Sanchez (Joe Cantada's favorite player) also entered politics; Eli Capacio coached Purefoods to it's 1st All-Filipino title in 1991

- the championship years (3 titles in 1986 and 1987): Abet Gutierrez, JB Yango, Padim Israel, Onchie dela Cruz; of course, the team was lead by Mon Fernandez

Kontratahin na si Teng. Ipausap kay Tang. :lol:

Speaking of second generation players, dami sa kapitbahay ng Xavier. Hindi sa ICA, kundi sa LSGH. May Ildefonso na nga don. Sipag kasi ni Danny I. Isang MVP, isang anak. :lol:

Musta na nga pala kaso ni Distrito?

kontratahin saan? UAAP?

too early to tell... besides I'm sure Tang may not do any good...

yves dignadice is in the u.s...sikyu na sya doon

yoyoy villamin is also in the u.s....he's driving a taxi cab for a living

john cardel is a kagawad sa barangay

meneses and calma are drinking buddies right now

paul alvarez had become a well mannerd,soft spoken gentleman....yeah right!!! :hypocritesmiley:

Correction lang kay Yves Dignadice. True naging security guard sya dito sa US kaso stepping stone lang nya ito balita ko he works for ang IT company as a programmer or something like that. Nakita ko nga dati sa Carson, CA yan naka Ford F150.

As for Distrito ayon naka kulong pa rito sa Vegas. Once he gets out of prison he would be deported to the Philippines and his immigrant status would be revoked by the US.

Edited by airmax

I saw Freddie Hubalde buying stuff at Riverbanks, Marikina yesterday afternoon.. He looks like a normal person just walking around.. and no one seems to know him.. except me and my dad.. Sabi ko nga sa dad ko na kung dekada 70 ngayon, pinagkaguluhan na yan.. Haay! How time (and fame) flies..

Edited by revi
My friend and I were just talking about the red haired Carlos Briggs the other day. I wonder if he still plays?

Bumped into a long time friend of Briggs from Michigan a few weeks back who was vacationing in the Philippines. He said that "Red" (as Briggs is fondly called) is currently working as an assistant coach for a a division 1 college in Michigan. He mentioned the school but I just couldn't remember which one at the moment.

kLique... sino papausap mo, si Yeo? Baka i-clothesline lang niya yung bata. :lol:

Big time na pala si Yves Digna-dice. Diba adik to dati kaya ang tagal niyang 'injured'? Buti naka-move on na siya.

Briggs... ang original na alien ng PBA. :lol:

hahaha... I think it would be better if we leave the recruiting up to the coaches and alumni of each school :)

though as early as now Yeo is by far the most successful Xavierian playing ball...

My friend and I were just talking about the red haired Carlos Briggs the other day. I wonder if he still plays?

Nope he's retired. Alam ko second stint nya sa PBA di sya nagtagal at dapat possible replacement nya si John Starks. Yes the same old John Starks of the NY Knicks.