Ex Pba Players

peep_tom

Paul was a team mate of both Eugene and Bong Solomon in that successful SSC Stags team

It was shown in Bandila, and even in HardBall. Any news coming from his wife, btw?

Also, wasn't he a teammate of Eugene Quilban? Wow, that makes 'em two who were promising players in the NCAA then right now...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hindi ba dapat nakakulong yan.

I saw Dennis Roldan the other day sa Citylyfstyle Spa in timog. We were inside the Steam Room with one of his friends.. Based on their conversation, mukhang born-again na siya... Still well-built pero heavy on the belly.

In case you didn't know he played for Gilbeys sa PBA long time ago for a season then nag artista. He was also elected Congressman then he was charged with kidnapping but apparently, napakawalan na....

It appears that Bong Alvarez has a new career -- cross-gender street-fighting. What a wuss. Go pick on someone your own size/gender. I've no beef if he would just go on and bang heads with Borgy Manotoc. That would be an interesting fight, worthy of a PPV coverage.

It appears that Bong Alvarez has a new career -- cross-gender street-fighting. What a wuss. Go pick on someone your own size/gender. I've no beef if he would just go on and bang heads with Borgy Manotoc. That would be an interesting fight, worthy of a PPV coverage.

hehehe blackbelter naman daw sa taekwondo!

I wish that there's no amicable settlement here... want to see this jerk go to jail!

si Tito Varela lang ata...

did Yeng Guiao played in the PBA? hehe

=====================================================

Yeng Guiao played in the PBA? Nope, pero pinaglalaruan niya tax money natin by being a ghost officer (vice-governor) of Pampanga. Am from that province and nowhere in sight si vice gov. Hindi daw pumapasok sa capitolyo pero tuloy tuloy ang sweldo. Kapal nga ng Red Bull employing a person na dapat nagtatrabaho sa province namin. (pero nanalo pa!-iba talaga Pinoy)

Joey Marquez gets up to 50 years jail time for graft

08/30/2007 | 09:03 AM

(Updated 12:10 p.m.) The Sandiganbayan Fourth Division on Thursday sentenced comedian and former Parañaque mayor Joselito "Joey" Marquez to up to 50 years imprisonment over the anomalous procurement of brooms worth over P2.9 million.

Radio station dzMM reported that Marquez was driven to tears when the decision was read.

According to the Transparent Accountable Governance website, the walis tingting (broom) deal was overpriced by P462,708. The brooms were purchased from 1996 to 1998 during Marquez's tenure as Parañaque mayor.

The city government brought the brooms without holding a public bidding, the website said.

With his conviction on five counts of graft, Marquez could be jailed for a period of 30 to 50 years.

A report on dzMM radio said six others were convicted. However, dzBB radio reported three city officials were found guilty, namely city treasurer Silvestre de Leon, city accountant Marilou Tanael, and Ofelia Caunan, officer-in-charge of the general services section.

It was not immediately known if the three continue to serve these posts.

Sought for comment, Marquez's lawyer Noel Malaya said that, "the case is still sub judice and our ethics proscribe us from making any comment. At most I can tell you that we have 15 days to file a motion for reconsideration."

For his part, Marquez stopped short of saying that he will appeal the ruling.

"We respect the decision of the Sandiganbayan, but this is a process that we have to take. We have to look on the decision and some of the findings, and probably include some of the findings that might not have been included," Marquez told dzBB radio in an interview.

The 46-year-old Marquez served as mayor of Parañaque from 1995 to 2004. He also served as the city's vice mayor from 1992 to 1995.

Marquez was also a professional basketball player who played for Great Taste and Gilbey's Gin (now the Ginebra Gin Kings).

He currently hosts GMA Network's shows Kung Ako Ikaw and Fantastic Man.

GMANews.TV is the official website of GMA News and Public Affairs, a unit of GMA Network Inc. - GMANews.TV

=====================================================

Yeng Guiao played in the PBA? Nope, pero pinaglalaruan niya tax money natin by being a ghost officer (vice-governor) of Pampanga. Am from that province and nowhere in sight si vice gov. Hindi daw pumapasok sa capitolyo pero tuloy tuloy ang sweldo. Kapal nga ng Red Bull employing a person na dapat nagtatrabaho sa province namin. (pero nanalo pa!-iba talaga Pinoy)

hahaha when you think of it... ano ba ang trabaho ng Vice Gov?

well... last I heard gusto ng ipa-appoint syang OIC ni Panlilio...

but bottomline is the people did vote for him...

so I guess they are the ones to blame really...

maybe he's peddling his ass in the clubs...btw, who the comes from rembrandt hotel at early am....maybe his customer is booked there :upside:

nyahahaha!

Well, I think the new episode of Kung Ako Ikaw would be behind bars as Joey tries prison life...

I'd love to see this!

di ba nakaabot si jimmy sa PBA?

Jimmy Santos made it to the PBA. He suited up for a couple of squads, U-Tex and 7-up yata. But he had a really short hardcourt career (<5 years) and he took the cue from there to try comedy instead. Acting of course, was much more lucrative than pro ball then. Which is why we often got to see Atoy Co and his buddies doing the rounds of the noontime shows and even the occasional FPJ flick. Because for all the fanfare that came with the Crispa-Toyota rivalry, players then were paid diddley squat for their efforts.

On a related note, I remember that our duty team once handled one of Manny Victorino's sons at the ER (his kid needed some stitching) and I got to shake the former pro slotman's hand. I think he was officially listed at around 6-5 but he sure looked a bit smaller in person (6-2 at best). Oh well, dude's pushing 50 anyway and I guess the years just haven't been too kind.

hahaha when you think of it... ano ba ang trabaho ng Vice Gov?

well... last I heard gusto ng ipa-appoint syang OIC ni Panlilio...

but bottomline is the people did vote for him...

so I guess they are the ones to blame really...

============================================================

May work din naman ang vice governors. the past vice's were in charge of those charitable jobs ng capitolyo, ribbon cutting (nakaka bading nga lang hahaha), and most of all..presiding over the meetings of board members which is really important. This is the major work/job of vice governors.

You are right, people (not my clan) voted for him but the really borromline, kapag na elect ka ba, you are the right na parati kang mag absent? receive compensations from non performance of duties? The laws dito sa Pinas are Ok but, sad to say, di pinapatupad kasi most of the lawmakers are the ones that do violate the laws. Sayang Pinas.

Anyway, saan ba naglaro dati si Yeng Guiao? Ano basketball background niya?

Jimmy Santos made it to the PBA. He suited up for a couple of squads, U-Tex and 7-up yata. But he had a really short hardcourt career (<5 years) and he took the cue from there to try comedy instead. Acting of course, was much more lucrative than pro ball then. Which is why we often got to see Atoy Co and his buddies doing the rounds of the noontime shows and even the occasional FPJ flick. Because for all the fanfare that came with the Crispa-Toyota rivalry, players then were paid diddley squat for their efforts.

On a related note, I remember that our duty team once handled one of Manny Victorino's sons at the ER (his kid needed some stitching) and I got to shake the former pro slotman's hand. I think he was officially listed at around 6-5 but he sure looked a bit smaller in person (6-2 at best). Oh well, dude's pushing 50 anyway and I guess the years just haven't been too kind.

================================================================================

Oh, thanks for the correction. dont know jimmy suited sa PBA. Napanood ko lang siya sa NCAA. baka bangko. I remember then, dont know kung same seasons sila, napanood ko rin sina Dave Brodette and Dave Supnet sa NCAA.

I think Victorino is not 6'5", mas tama ata yung 6'3". Saw him play sa fiesta nuon. He was one of the big three untouchables during his days, same ranking nina Fernandez and Guidaben. Looks like di nakapag ipon. Balita ko rin, na addict sa illegal drugs but nabasa ko lang nuon. not sure.

Joey Marquez gets up to 50 years jail time for graft

08/30/2007 | 09:03 AM

(Updated 12:10 p.m.) The Sandiganbayan Fourth Division on Thursday sentenced comedian and former Parañaque mayor Joselito "Joey" Marquez to up to 50 years imprisonment over the anomalous procurement of brooms worth over P2.9 million.

Radio station dzMM reported that Marquez was driven to tears when the decision was read.

According to the Transparent Accountable Governance website, the walis tingting (broom) deal was overpriced by P462,708. The brooms were purchased from 1996 to 1998 during Marquez's tenure as Parañaque mayor.

The city government brought the brooms without holding a public bidding, the website said.

With his conviction on five counts of graft, Marquez could be jailed for a period of 30 to 50 years.

A report on dzMM radio said six others were convicted. However, dzBB radio reported three city officials were found guilty, namely city treasurer Silvestre de Leon, city accountant Marilou Tanael, and Ofelia Caunan, officer-in-charge of the general services section.

It was not immediately known if the three continue to serve these posts.

Sought for comment, Marquez's lawyer Noel Malaya said that, "the case is still sub judice and our ethics proscribe us from making any comment. At most I can tell you that we have 15 days to file a motion for reconsideration."

For his part, Marquez stopped short of saying that he will appeal the ruling.

"We respect the decision of the Sandiganbayan, but this is a process that we have to take. We have to look on the decision and some of the findings, and probably include some of the findings that might not have been included," Marquez told dzBB radio in an interview.

The 46-year-old Marquez served as mayor of Parañaque from 1995 to 2004. He also served as the city's vice mayor from 1992 to 1995.

Marquez was also a professional basketball player who played for Great Taste and Gilbey's Gin (now the Ginebra Gin Kings).

He currently hosts GMA Network's shows Kung Ako Ikaw and Fantastic Man.

GMANews.TV is the official website of GMA News and Public Affairs, a unit of GMA Network Inc. - GMANews.TV

==========================================================================

Wawa naman si Joey.yung iba diyan (congressmen and mayors) mas malaki kurakot (now its 35% commission-they call it standard office procedure) pero enjoy freedom pa rin. di ba former basketball players na naging congressmen? di ba? hehehe

Leo Austria - coach ng Welcoat

DOndon Amplayo - US based na. participated in a fundraising event basketball game para sa legal assistance ni rudy distrito

Rambo Sanchez - successful politician sa binan, laguna. still involve with local basketball in binan

Bernie Fabiosa/Abet Guidaben - US based na rin

Sonny Cabatu - regular radio commentator na PBA

US based na rin pala si Guidaben. I know he has a hardware in fairview, or used to have if the info is accurate.

• 1 month later...
May work din naman ang vice governors. the past vice's were in charge of those charitable jobs ng capitolyo, ribbon cutting (nakaka bading nga lang hahaha), and most of all..presiding over the meetings of board members which is really important. This is the major work/job of vice governors.

You are right, people (not my clan) voted for him but the really borromline, kapag na elect ka ba, you are the right na parati kang mag absent? receive compensations from non performance of duties? The laws dito sa Pinas are Ok but, sad to say, di pinapatupad kasi most of the lawmakers are the ones that do violate the laws. Sayang Pinas.

Anyway, saan ba naglaro dati si Yeng Guiao? Ano basketball background niya?

well Yeng isn't the only one guilty when it comes to this...

truth be told... a lot are doing this also...

he played for UP... but that's about all I know with his playing career