Rolex Watches

meatpacker426

no prob sir..... but a word of warning.... highly addictive..... :lol:

Good day, Bro.

I've been reading the posts at pwc & I've seen that there are also many proud owners of omega.

This led me to my original target of omega.

I'm now thinking between rolex & omega.

Of course, it would depend on me but any advice or opinion that yoy can share thst can help shed light on this?

TIA.

enjoy the thrill of the hunt....

Here's my take on rolex and omega...... rolex ( for me its the sub or sea dweller 400,000up, pre owned )is a classic never goes out of style(heirloom), high re sale value, at any model that suits your taste is a good buy, because its a rolex..... omegas depends on the model (popular/in demand) you want to buy ( for me its the speed master moon watch 180,000php at chronos brand new )in terms of price are lower than the rolex's...... so its would depend on your taste, those models are what im really eying for...

Go to our local dealers and try it on your wrist, the one that sings to you the loudest should be your watch.... any which way you'll go home happy.... hth

my high end list

rolex - sub or sea dweller - SEA

omega - speed master moon watch - LAND

IWC - pilot chrono - AIR

tudor - black bay burgundy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i was an omega fanatic. I bought my first one, an omega james bond blue face but after a year sold it at a low price. Then i bought a speedmaster black face 40mm. After two years i got another one, an aqua terra whiteface 39mm which can suit a semi- formal outfit. Now parang nagsasawa na ako sa dalawang time pieces ko. I want to sell my speed master but when i went to secondo glorietta 5 to have it assessed, 40k lng selling value. I think i got it at 116k yr 2010. Anyway, at present natitipuhan ko ang rolex navigator II, white dial, 42mm, it looks great on my wrist. It is worth 354k. what do u think?I am not a fan of gold watches. Parang ang tingin ko pang oldies. Baka in the future yun n gusto ko. Hehehe. But it's just me. I'm a mid 30 professor/ manager. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i only like the explorer 1. the explorer 1 is a handsome man's watch. yung tipong naka black v neck ka lang and dark jeans kasi ang gwapo mo.

explorer 2- pang dentista

submariner- bangkero na panot

daytona- better on women

i guess that makes me a metro-sexual whose losing hair but loves to tinker with teeth inside the bank :D

i guess that makes me a metro-sexual whose losing hair but loves to tinker with teeth inside the bank :D

LOLOL i'm just joking of course. ^_^

hindi nako masyado updated I remember there's this review floating around the internet on the explorer 1 not being a good watch when they opened it up but it's definitely not the newer 39mm model so idk if it's actually any good.

just be patient and vigilant Jettyro. pre-owned shops buy from individuals also. babaratin nila esp if not in perfect condition, then buff, repair, and polish. substantial mark-up because theirs is a business, at least 20%. Authentication is the key on your part. for security that its original and/or not a stolen watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

do you guys find rolexes worth its high price tag?

Rolex is your gateway to the world of Hi-end watches. Definitely worth the price for your starter watch.

here are the pro's of owning a rolex

1. The rotor is very smooth, you can not feel it move. (wear an Oris or a Panerai and you will know what I mean)

2. The accuracy is very good. With my experience with my Rolex Daytona , I only have to adjust my watch every 6 months , the time is delayed around 5-6 minutes. rolex are certified to have an error rate of only +-4 seconds a day. My other watches, most specialy the complicated watches get delayed around 3 minutes a month.

3. Easy service, there is no need to send your watch to hongkong/Singapore. Switzerland for service, Rolex center Beside AIM can service your watch with a downtime of around 2-3 weeks.

Cons

1. Too many Rolex around, it is no longer special

2. If you will buy pre owned , make sure the exchange would happen in the service center, there are many rolex owners who are not particular with repairs when their watches get broken. They will make an independent repair it and even agree to a complete Calibre Change just to make the watch work.

once you buy your rolex, you must aim higher for your next watch. Rolex is just a gateway watch.

• Like (+1) 1