Worst School In The Philippines

May isa pang non-quota na pwede nyang pasukan... BS Vulcanizing (major in Carpentry).

I'm sure he'll pass that one. :thumbsupsmiley:

Bro, wag mo naman pagtawanan… Baka madala. Sayang naman. Bihira ako makahanap ng ganito mag-isip. Hindi kasi itinuturo sa UP yan.

Anyone who thinks like this, can't raise his brats to be good enough to pass the UPCAT. Ah teka, noong panahon ko, pwede siya kung BS Fisheries ang course. Hindi kailangan ng UPCAT doon noon. Ewan ko lang ngayon. Wala na yatang kurso na walang quota. Ah meron pa daw sabi ng mga anak ko:

BS Nuclear Physics

BS Marine Biology

Ayusin niya mga anak niya para pumasa sa PhiScie or Q-Scie or M-Scie para malaki ang chance na pumasa sa UPCAT.

Hindi niya ba alam na dalawa lang ang school sa 'pinas? Ang UP at yun IBAng school.

• 2 weeks later...
Majority if not all of the people who run our country came from UP,

Ateneo, La salle. Some became government officials & some became

officers of big corporations. But our country is still in shambles.

Too much corruptions, scams, dirty politics, etc. They are experts

in stealing money and getting away with it.

Gma came from Assumption but taught at ateneo.

I salute our OFWs who did not came from these prestigious

schools. They are truly our hereos for their continued dollar

remittances.

I graduated from UP. I worked for 5 years as an engineer in the Philippines before working abroad for 10 years, going to US, Europe, and different countries around Asia. I came back to the Philippines ten years ago, applying what I learned abroad to the local projects. The local company I joined when I returned from abroad barely makes PhP 10M a year when I joined them. Now, our annual sales is PhP 120 M, most of it coming from engineering services that I developed and marketed for the company.

I can name you a lot of success stories of how UP graduates helped make things better for the Philippines.

Blaming the UP, Ateneo, and DLSU graduates for not being able to raise the Philippines from "shambles" reeks of pure stupidity and ignorance.

Di ka lang kasi nakapasa sa UPCAT. But I don't blame you. Only the top 1.0% of those who took the exam makes it to UP and finish their courses. You don't belong.

Edited by camiar

UP is the worst school... yes University of the Philippines... why?

1) most of our leaders are graduates of UP... look at our government!!! need i say more?

They are your leaders, because they were the only ones capable of being in a high position. however power corrupts people. it doesnt matter what school your from. But, I honestly its got to be a lot worse if your leaders are dumbasses and corrupt at the sametime :thumbsupsmiley:

2) I agree that those who graduate from UP were smart before they even entered UP and yet this school cant get 100% in board exams.. hell, there are schools who out perform them during exams.. take a look at the track record of UST in most board exams lalo na in the field of medicine, look at the record of San Beda and ateneo in the field of law..hell, kunn parepareho lang ang utak ng mga estudyante na pumapasok sa mga schools kung training wise lang malamang kakainin ng buhay ang UP ng other top schools lalo na yung mga private.. kung ngayun pangalang na they get the best students from high school naout perform na sila on a regular basis by other schools...

At UP we don't have board exams de riguer, the school leaves it up to us to do what we want with our lives. WE ARE NOT SPOONFED INDIVIDUALS. NO ONE IN UP IS GIVEN THE ANSWERS OR POSSIBLE ANSWERS TO THE BOARD EXAMS. WE STUDY TO LEARN, NOT STUDY TO MEMORIZE THE ANSWER. AGAIN WE ARE NOT SPOONFED INDIVIDUALS. IF YOUR FROM UST YOU KNOW WHAT SPOON FEEDING IS VERY WELL.

:thumbsupsmiley:

3) napakayayabang... lalo na yung mga taga diliman.. d naman talaga magagaling.. most of my officemates are from UP Dil.. well, d naman talaga sila ganun kagaling parang parepareho lang level.. although i have to admit there are those who are really brilliant... pero napaka yaytabang parin kala nila may monopoly sila ng knowledge...

Actually, I find people NOT from UP to be very insecure. I got along with people from any school. But I noticed that those who never went to the big 3 schools (UP, Ateneo, La Salle) tend to be very critical hence defensive when faced with UP, Ateneo, or La Salle graduates. First thing on their agenda would be to find a mistake done by big 3 graduates, then expound on it and exaggerate it to cover up their own insecurities, the lousier the school, the more critical of UP, Ateneo, or La Salle (go figure). :thumbsupsmiley:

4) their basketball team suck!!!

Yeah I know, but did you go to University to learn basketball? The fact that this is being used as an argument shows what a loser you are. :thumbsupsmiley:

5) they cultivate a culture of violence parati may frat war etc.

So do U-Belt schools have an immoral culture with so many girls for hire during enrollment and exams, but do you see us making a big deal out of it, and who said were cultivating it?

6) pugad ng mga komonista... this isone of the schools that is heavily infiltrated by elements of said enemies of the state tapos gobyerno nagpapaaral sakanila

know you don't have the brains for this, but it is not the government that sends us to school. It is the Filipino people, and many become activist or communist out of great patriotism and concern for their fellow Filipinos. in fact kulang pa binibigay ng gobyerno to all state U's, not just UP. Their is no funding for research, laboratories, better infrastructure, scholarships for the poor but deserving, etc.

Before you even open your mouth, isipin mo lang to... INSECURE KALANG. Your subconscious betrays your insecurities.

Majority if not all of the people who run our country came from UP,

Ateneo, La salle. Some became government officials & some became

officers of big corporations. But our country is still in shambles.

Too much corruptions, scams, dirty politics, etc. They are experts

in stealing money and getting away with it.

Gma came from Assumption but taught at ateneo.

Majority of the people of the Republic of the Philippines aren't UP, Ateneo or La Salle graduates, yet have they done their share in nation building? People cross the streets anywhere they want, they throw garbage anywhere they want, they don't follow traffic rules and regulations, they backstab each other wether here or abroad (talangka mentality). So you think government is the only problem? The biggest problem of the Philippines, are Filipinos, many of whom are not UP, Ateneo, or La Salle graduates. :thumbsupsmiley:

I salute our OFWs who did not came from these prestigious

schools. They are truly our hereos for their continued dollar

remittances.

Do you really think that only a few UP grads become OCW's? Heck there are a lot more than you think, especially those medical, managerial and technical professions (read: engineering), wait, I think were not called OCW's, were called expats. Oh and btw, in exchange for those remittances, there goes the downfall of the Filipino families, so now you have Kids who have unprotected, ignorant sex at an early age, you have kids who start using drugs and you have kids who would do anything in life to get attention. And what did Rizal say about children? "hope for the future".

:thumbsdownsmiley:

I also agree with chloe. Napansin ko nga pag di sila galing sa top 3 namely UP , Ateneo or DLSU na i-insecure sila kahit wala ka namang pinagyayabang. Naghahanap nga ng mistakes. Actually hindi ganito dapat yung reply ko. Yung original na reply ko may tatamaang university. Sila ung may CMT commandant na pumatay ( or nagpapatay) sa student nila dahil in expose nya yung corruption sa ROTC unit ng University nya. Tapos ang daming bumabatikos sa UP dahil daw sa hazing eh samantalang etong school na ito ( dyan galing ung kinamumuhiang Cabinet member ni Gloria ) mga school officials ang pumapatay sa student nya. I won't enroll my children in that University kung mismong instructor nila ang magpapatay sa yo kahit pa ilang UAAP basketball championships ang iuwi nyan. Anyway baka alam nyo na rin hehe!

For me the worst school, would be 1. those schools which do not have competitive entrance exam, yun tipo ba kahit sino makakapasok. 2. Schools which do not expect much from their students, these are the schools, na sobra dali ng mga exam, tapos hindi nagbabagsak ng student, even if the student deserves to fail. 3. Schools which spoon feed their students... so what happens here is that the student is incompetent both in academics as well as street smarts and real life scenario. :P

1) most of our leaders are graduates of UP... look at our government!!! need i say more?

2) I agree that those who graduate from UP were smart before they even entered UP and yet this school cant get 100% in board exams.. hell, there are schools who out perform them during exams.. take a look at the track record of UST in most board exams lalo na in the field of medicine, look at the record of San Beda and ateneo in the field of law..hell, kunn parepareho lang ang utak ng mga estudyante na pumapasok sa mga schools kung training wise lang malamang kakainin ng buhay ang UP ng other top schools lalo na yung mga private.. kung ngayun pangalang na they get the best students from high school naout perform na sila on a regular basis by other schools...

3) napakayayabang... lalo na yung mga taga diliman.. d naman talaga magagaling.. most of my officemates are from UP Dil.. well, d naman talaga sila ganun kagaling parang parepareho lang level.. although i have to admit there are those who are really brilliant... pero napaka yaytabang parin kala nila may monopoly sila ng knowledge...

6) pugad ng mga komonista... this isone of the schools that is heavily infiltrated by elements of said enemies of the state tapos gobyerno nagpapaaral sakanila

Hay nako. Another insecure U.P. hater. :thumbsdownsmiley: Siguro nga di ka pumasa sa UPCAT. hahaha! :D

For me the worst school, would be 1. those schools which do not have competitive entrance exam, yun tipo ba kahit sino makakapasok. 2. Schools which do not expect much from their students, these are the schools, na sobra dali ng mga exam, tapos hindi nagbabagsak ng student, even if the student deserves to fail. 3. Schools which spoon feed their students... so what happens here is that the student is incompetent both in academics as well as street smarts and real life scenario. :P

Chloe, very well put, imho you've addressed the topic best. Just stumbled on this thread, and have mixed feelings about what i've read here.

Went to UP Diliman too. That is a tough school where, in my experience, the real lessons, at least on the tertiary level, were those about survival along with the cultivation of one's intellect and person. You made it or you didn't. There was no MRR in my time, i was working AND studying in my latter years in Diliman, so it wasn't the average UP experience. i was far from home with little money. It took quite a few years before i got my undergrad thesis done and picked up that diploma. They didn't cut me any slack but damn, i did it. That diploma didn't come on a silver platter, i promise you.

i'm proud to have graduated from UP, the hard way. i get slack-jawed when i hear it said UP is the worst school. At the same time, i become uncomfortable about smug, elitistic comments from UP alumni.

This is just me, but the school you went to is past tense, over and done with, even as it might have "better prepared you for life." You make yourself what you are, no matter what school you came from. i would not exchange my UP years for anything, because they have shaped me in important ways, but there are many people who did not go to UP whom i respect just as much for being fine, intelligent, productive human beings who work hard and have integrity, and who are helping to make the world a better place and building good lives for their families.

By the way, no school, or for that matter, no human being, is perfect. And jerks come from all schools. There are intelligent jerks and dumb jerks. The thing is, human beings are capable of deciding what they want to become, and whether or how to fulfill their potential, no matter what school they went to.

Just my two bits' worth.

By the way, Chloe, wanna meet up for a drink? :flowers:

Peace to you all.

• 1 month later...

I was amused and surprised when people from UP reacted on my previous post and there was

none from Ateneo & La Salle. I did not singled out UP. It reminded me of former Pres. Marcos

(who incidentally studied law in UP) that if you criticized him, you either get arrested, jailed or

salvaged. That's how sensitive he was. Sorry guys if I hurt your egos, but I still stand by

my previous post.

I agree to one of those who replied/reacted to my previous post that "I do not belong."

I do not belong because I'm not an "elitista." I came from a poor family. Because of my

mother's hardwork and perseverance (she's a nurse) we were able to immigrate in the US

when I was still in high school. I did not have the chance to take the UPCAT and I must

admit that if I had the chance, I might not pass. As the saying goes, if your family have

the money and the connections, you're sure to be "in within the quota." In our country,

you name all kinds of scams and we have it.

As I have known (please correct me if I'am wrong) UP was established or created for

deserving students from poor families who cannot afford to pay tuition fees of private schools.

Why is it that there are plenty of students from rich families who drive expensive cars in UP?

They should not belong! By analogy, if the gov't subsidize food for the poor, there are rich

people getting the food. It's a shame and I hope those who reacted from my previous post

were not oneof them.

Again, I would say that MAJORITY of our OFWs who are our modern day hereos did not

came from UP, Ateneo, La Salle such as caregivers, nurses, domestic helpers, construction

workers and laborers. If not for them, our country would have gone down the drain a long

time ago.

I was amused and surprised when people from UP reacted on my previous post and there was

none from Ateneo & La Salle. I did not singled out UP. It reminded me of former Pres. Marcos

(who incidentally studied law in UP) that if you criticized him, you either get arrested, jailed or

salvaged. That's how sensitive he was. Sorry guys if I hurt your egos, but I still stand by

my previous post.

And right now if a lots of historians collude that if Marcos didn't get corrupted by power he would have been the best president this country had.

Lest you forget that medical care in this country was 1st rate during the Marcos administration. What other administration can claim anything?

I agree to one of those who replied/reacted to my previous post that "I do not belong."

I do not belong because I'm not an "elitista." I came from a poor family. Because of my

mother's hardwork and perseverance (she's a nurse) we were able to immigrate in the US

when I was still in high school. I did not have the chance to take the UPCAT and I must

admit that if I had the chance, I might not pass. As the saying goes, if your family have

the money and the connections, you're sure to be "in within the quota." In our country,

you name all kinds of scams and we have it.

Maybe your mother should have done her share of making the ultimate sacrifice of offering her services to her poor country men with the immense lack of nurses here. Before you start critizicing do your share i nation building.

As I have known (please correct me if I'am wrong) UP was established or created for

deserving students from poor families who cannot afford to pay tuition fees of private schools.

Why is it that there are plenty of students from rich families who drive expensive cars in UP?

They should not belong! By analogy, if the gov't subsidize food for the poor, there are rich

people getting the food. It's a shame and I hope those who reacted from my previous post

were not oneof them.

Acceptance in to UP is a matter of RIGHT OF ALL CITIZENS WHO ARE QUALIFIED. wether rich or poor. Obviously you don't have the brains to realize that if you drive around in a car your more noticeable than the average isko or isko who goes to school in pambahay and walks around campus. In any school the rich kids are always the most visible. Btw, I had plenty of classmates who came from decrepit public schools in the provinces and graduated cum laudes, you don't know that because you judge supercially. you judge superficially because you are ignorant. because you are ignorant you will never get into UP.

Again, I would say that MAJORITY of our OFWs who are our modern day hereos did not

came from UP, Ateneo, La Salle such as caregivers, nurses, domestic helpers, construction

workers and laborers. If not for them, our country would have gone down the drain a long

time ago.

WHat the country needs for nation building are more engineers, doctors, nurses, teachers, agriculturists. not those in service jobs. ever heard of a country that was able to develop itself with these kinds of professions?

IGNORANCE IS BLISS.

:goatee: i know these post would somehow sound off topic but ladies and gentlemen correct me if im wrong but this thread is supposed to be dealing with worst schools in the philippines...not a battle of schools...thus, it is supposed to be based on personal knowledge and experience...extrinsic data is not a basis on ones take regarding a school being worst or best...and not just because a school has a couple of spoiled eggs in it means it is supposed to be considered worst...furthermore, not just because one is an achiever who came from a particular school then it would mean that person came from the best school...worst and best actually doesnt apply to schools but to individuals...im sure education comprises a good part of who we are but our own will and determination makes us best or worst...there are a lot of individuals who arent from the usual contending schools mentioned but have done well...the media and the hype surrounding these competing schools just gives us the impression that if you do well it is credited to your school as well and if you did something bad it is as well tagged together with your school...and yet, we all know for a fact that ones own doing, may it be right or wrong, is something personal to that individual...could you honestly say that you did something because you are studying in a particular educational institution...again, just my own personal opinion, but in order for us to be able to judge a school being worst, we should have experienced studying there ourselves...in that way we could assess, based on our own personal experiences, that said institution, for us, is considered worst... :goatee:

:goatee: i am proud of being a graduate of UPD, and i respect others opinions and point of views regarding my alma mater...so long as those opinions are not a personal attack directed at me, then one could do so...its up to us individuals to prove and show them wrong, regardless of what school we may have graduated from... :goatee:

QUOTE (overman @ Nov 19 2008, 04:00 PM) *

POTEK ANO TO???!!!!????

1. Leaders???? Magbigay ka ng ibang schools na nagproprovide ng leaders sa bansa natin??? Marami magrereact sa akin pero sino ba pinakamagaling na presidente??? si MARCOS di ba??? sino kaaway nya??? si NINOY???? hmmmmm.... UP ata ung dalawang un ah????

2. 100%??? UST??? BEDA??? check mo muna kung ilan ang nag-eexam sa mga schools... kung 10 lang sila tapos 9 pumasa... 90% na un.... kung sa UP 50 nag exam tapos 43 pumasa, 86% lang di ba.... take it this way ilan ang pinoproduce na professionals against ung percentage...

3. Well, ginegenralize mo... sa palagay mo ba uubra ka sa mga officemates mo starting from zero tapos pabilisan uimangat... hmmmm... the fact is UP is a place of eccentricity and competitiveness...

4. basketball team lang... check mo kung pang-ilan kami sa UAAP over-all please...

5. frat wars??? there is no such thing... some fraternities do dislike each other but are no wars, people just sensationalize this... (on another note) are you saying that the hazing in UP is worse than that of the PMA???

6. hmmm leftist??? correction hindi gobyerno nagpapaaral... mga mamamayan... karapatan nila ang mag-aral... nagbabayad ng buwis mga magulang nila... therefore may karapatan sila sa pinakamagandang edukasyon na kinakailangan nila... (karapatang pambata di ba?)

• 3 weeks later...
POTEK ANO TO???!!!!????

1. Leaders???? Magbigay ka ng ibang schools na nagproprovide ng leaders sa bansa natin??? Marami magrereact sa akin pero sino ba pinakamagaling na presidente??? si MARCOS di ba??? sino kaaway nya??? si NINOY???? hmmmmm.... UP ata ung dalawang un ah????

2. 100%??? UST??? BEDA??? check mo muna kung ilan ang nag-eexam sa mga schools... kung 10 lang sila tapos 9 pumasa... 90% na un.... kung sa UP 50 nag exam tapos 43 pumasa, 86% lang di ba.... take it this way ilan ang pinoproduce na professionals against ung percentage...

3. Well, ginegenralize mo... sa palagay mo ba uubra ka sa mga officemates mo starting from zero tapos pabilisan uimangat... hmmmm... the fact is UP is a place of eccentricity and competitiveness...

4. basketball team lang... check mo kung pang-ilan kami sa UAAP over-all please...

5. frat wars??? there is no such thing... some fraternities do dislike each other but are no wars, people just sensationalize this... (on another note) are you saying that the hazing in UP is worse than that of the PMA???

6. hmmm leftist??? correction hindi gobyerno nagpapaaral... mga mamamayan... karapatan nila ang mag-aral... nagbabayad ng buwis mga magulang nila... therefore may karapatan sila sa pinakamagandang edukasyon na kinakailangan nila... (karapatang pambata di ba?)

peace bro...patol lang...at papatawa...

1. precisely...messing up the whole damn country...put in as well other political jackholes coming from your university and you can create your own jackhole government which you can mess up...hehehe!

2. nothing to comment here there's a grouping in board exams based on the school capacity and the three schools mentioned dont actually belong in the same groupings....e.g. group A (1-100) group B (101-150) and so forth...

3. have to side on the other guy here...not all of you guys are good, most are ok but almost all feel that theyre great...which is a two side thing...positively up breeds insolence in their students which gives them a sense of confidence which is what you need in entering normal society...bad thing is some gets the case of overdose and picks up the whole bench of your currently sucking basketball team....

4. Basketball...well there are a lot of hopefuls here but never went all out and produce results...i love underdogs so i like this team too bad no funding has been made for the ball club cause there are a lot of good players in UPIS your giving out to other universities...

5. well the frat thing is everywhere...i guess your school is just vocal about it and condone it that's why your getting the hassle....for PMA well they need the hazing..its a cruel world and wen im in combat with rebels i wanna know that the guy next to me wont bail, since we've been through thick and thin...mistah!!!! (teka bebe na pala un ngaun nde na rustom waaa!!!!!!)

6. Now this is the parody....your school breeds the nastiest, no morals, self-serving politicians on the right hand then on the left breeds these war-mongering rally protesting squatter driving lefties that dont do jack but create rallies and have come up with the notion that being president of a rally group is an occupation which fights and blabs about the government which majority of your university is part of...wth???

just blurting out stuff...its not generally all of the people here..

ive met some in the working environment and about 80% are wind blowing critters that feel too mighty about themselves and if thats not enough bosses that are alumni from the same are fanning the flames...i just call it love for your own...which i regret that mine doesnt have...though these asswipes are people you can actually get used to plus super duper gentlemanyaks fun to be with on gb's (gimik bastos)

it still depends on the person on how he evolves and grows...as a matter of fact my former love in hs is an alumni here she didnt change at all just got more friends....

all in all i dont think its the worst...

plus liberated chicks here are the bomb....

just watch out for the cross dressing freaks...which do exercise mostly their rights about this and that...someone should put them into their place...hehehe!

:goatee:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...