Utah Jazz

FF

great points...

though part of me feels like Booze will be chasing the $$$ and end up somewhere else.

boozer couldn't wait till the end of the season to mouth off about opting out. such lousy timing ...

..when you've been on the injured list for 10 +games and the team is getting nada for the dollars they pay you

...when your backup is averaging double-doubles i your absence while getting only $ 800 K per season

...when america is headed for a recession and you want a raise on your projected $ 12 M 2009 salary

ah such a seer you are GOG. i know i said otherwise but you're right ... chances are boozer gets traded this season or walks off to another team.

shorthanded jazz beat mavs ....

significant stat : koufos and fesenko combine for 26 points and 12 rebounds

and fall in 2OT to the rockets !

significant stat : missing okur , millsap and boozer ... rockets feast in the paint ; outrebounding the jazz 56-40.

boozer couldn't wait till the end of the season to mouth off about opting out. such lousy timing ...

..when you've been on the injured list for 10 +games and the team is getting nada for the dollars they pay you

...when your backup is averaging double-doubles i your absence while getting only $ 800 K per season

...when america is headed for a recession and you want a raise on your projected $ 12 M 2009 salary

ah such a seer you are GOG. i know i said otherwise but you're right ... chances are boozer gets traded this season or walks off to another team.

To TRADE or NOT to TRADE BOOZER.. :upside: That is the question for JAZZ fans.. :goatee:

You risk of gaining nothing in return if he do signs up w/ another team.. IMHO: For

you guys, he already did it once to the CAVS.. :goatee:

• 2 weeks later...

even with today's win over the chris paul led hornets , the 21-15 jazz are still treading water at 3rd place in the NW division behind Denver and Portland. with boozer scheduled to undergo knee surgery and the recent spate of injuries ( utah has lost 100 man games and this BEFORE the season's midpoint ). plyoffs wise ... the jazz occupy the NINTH and last spot in the West. However it's not all doom and gloom as the jazz are only 3 games behind the 4th place hornets .

imho ... the jazz need major help if they are to retake the NW crown (the billups - iverson swap for denver and the emergence of portland's kiddie korps are also key factors behind the jazz slide to third.) problem is they don't have that many chips to bargain with. millsap is a bright spot, williams is still an all-star but the team needs a third wheel to make it back to the western elite. dang ! can we trade boozer and get a big man in return ?

Edited by FF
even with today's win over the chris paul led hornets , the 21-15 jazz are still treading water at 3rd place in the NW division behind Denver and Portland. with boozer scheduled to undergo knee surgery and the recent spate of injuries ( utah has lost 100 man games and this BEFORE the season's midpoint ). plyoffs wise ... the jazz occupy the NINTH and last spot in the West. However it's not all doom and gloom as the jazz are only 3 games behind the 4th place hornets .

What was the specific injury of Boozer that required knee surgery? A knee hit is always a dicey proposition; sometimes the player needs a lot of time to come back to pre-surgery form but at times never regains what he lost. This is going to determine his value as trade bait when he comes back, if you're just talking pure talent.

You guys will be alright. Sloan is a hell of a coach and runs a solid, stable system. I actually like your playoff chances more than Phoenix's. But there's no question that you need frontcourt help, and you really ain't going anywhere in the playoffs without that help.

What was the specific injury of Boozer that required knee surgery? A knee hit is always a dicey proposition; sometimes the player needs a lot of time to come back to pre-surgery form but at times never regains what he lost. This is going to determine his value as trade bait when he comes back, if you're just talking pure talent.

You guys will be alright. Sloan is a hell of a coach and runs a solid, stable system. I actually like your playoff chances more than Phoenix's. But there's no question that you need frontcourt help, and you really ain't going anywhere in the playoffs without that help.

the exact of boozer's injury is till a mystery however the prognosis is a month's rest would heal it up okay. so in terms of severity ... it looks like a minor knee surgery to me. this doesn't discount that the jazz ownership and front office remain pissed about boozer ( and his rather premature comments of opting out after this season ) and are quietly shopping him around the league ( like marion for boozer ? ). however , no team would like to take on damaged goods ( with an expiring contract to boot ) and looks like the jazz will remain stuck with boozer until the end of the season.

and you're right about utah's playoff chances bro. barring a major trade , the jazz need boozer to make the playoffs. sloan's system need the right kind of players to make it work and boozer is an integral part of the flex offense.

ps: jerry sloan used three guards l( brewer , price . dwill + millsap + okur ) to start against the pistons. wonder if this is the first time utah has gone to a three guard line up ...

Edited by FF
the exact of boozer's injury is till a mystery however the prognosis is a month's rest would heal it up okay. so in terms of severity ... it looks like a minor knee surgery to me. this doesn't discount that the jazz ownership and front office remain pissed about boozer ( and his rather premature comments of opting out after this season ) and are quietly shopping him around the league ( like marion for boozer ? ). however , no team would like to take on damaged goods ( with an expiring contract to boot ) and looks like the jazz will remain stuck with boozer until the end of the season.

and you're right about utah's playoff chances bro. barring a major trade , the jazz need boozer to make the playoffs. sloan's system need the right kind of players to make it work and boozer is an integral part of the flex offense.

ps: jerry sloan used three guards l( brewer , price . dwill + millsap + okur ) to start against the pistons. wonder if this is the first time utah has gone to a three guard line up ...

They say Booz had arthroscopic knee surgery, which generally means 4-8 weeks being out. Better hope your medical care is better than ours. They said the same thing about Bynum last year and look what happened.

I don't know about your more recent lineups but back in 1991-92, i remember you started 3 guards. Edwards, J. Malone and Stock.

bro webslinger....okur's gotta step up withe boozer on the shelf. so far , utah's been putting up the points during the 4 game win streak. kaya lang the season will get tougher towards and into the playoffs. so far utah hasn't shown anything that will indicate that it's built to go deep into the post-season. :hypocritesmiley:

• 2 months later...
sorry for the long absence as i've been tied up! anyway jazz clinch playoff spot but they can still slide all the way to # 8 to climb as high as # 5. the next few days should be interesting .

and as a d-will and okur owner im hoping they play all the way through to the last quarter of the last game... i need all the help i can get

and as a d-will and okur owner im hoping they play all the way through to the last quarter of the last game... i need all the help i can get

welcome to the jazz thread fnx ! :thumbsupsmiley: perhaps this is the first time the jazz will open the playoffs in a while without homecourt. hope they draw the nuggets or the rockets in the first round.

Congratulations to JOHN STOCKTON for being enshrined to the basketball Hall of Fame!

post-116634-1239315398.jpg

One of the best point guards to ever play the game! Stock played a total of 19 NBA seasons all with the Utah Jazz and he led Utah every year of his 19 years into the NBA playoffs. As a testament of his durability, in 17 of those 19 seasons, Stock played all 82 games of the regular season!

Achievements:

NBA's All-Time Assists Leader (15,806)

NBA's All-Time Steals Leader (3,265)

All-NBA First Team - two times

All-NBA Second Team - six times

All-NBA Third Team - three times

All-Defensive Second Team - five times

10-Time All-Star

1993-94 Season All-Star co-MVP (which he shared with Karl Malone)

Olympic Gold Medalist as a member of the original US Dream Team.

Olympic Gold Medalist as part of the US Olympic Basketball Team in 1996.

Holds NBA record for leading the league in assists for 9 consecutive seasons.

Holds NBA record for most assists in a season with 1,164.

Holds NBA record for highest assists average in a season with 14.5 apg.

Holds NBA record for reaching at least 1,000 assists in a season with four.

Holds NBA record for playing 19 seasons in a single franchise.

Stockton's Career Averages:

Games played: 1,504 (Third most all-time)

FG% - .515

3PFG% - .384

FT% - .826

PPG - 13.1

RPG - 2.7

APG - 10.5

SPG - 2.17

BPG - 0.21

I hope Utah win over the Lakers tomorrow. Must win for the Jazz to have a chance to be a sixth seed and not the 8th (current position). Jazz has all the tie breakers against New orleans and Dallas. A win over the disinterested Lakers (can't catch Cavs anymore) will certainly put more pressure for dallas to beat houston :thumbsupsmiley: unfortunately same is true for the hornets to break out of their shooting slump to beat the spurs :thumbsdownsmiley: the bad thing is that both games start at 8PM (eastern time) :thumbsdownsmiley: