Nlex Experience - Reviews, Rules, Speed Radars

Guest don_pepot

you may notice the signage at the right while driving, a warning about radar speed detector plus those cameras... aside from the radar, be aware that the nlex patrol cars use handheld speed detector.... kaya pag may patrol reduce ur speed na....

in sctex, you may see cameras but only few... cameras with analytic applications capture ur plate number when u surpass the allowable speed limit..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2006 at 10:20 AM, Guest don_pepot said:

ganon pala yun. i thought the radars were permanently located in one of the overpasses lang. :( i guess it was just my unlucky day. been driving NLEX for quite a few times already and ngayon lang ako na-tiempohan. tsk, tsk...

how much kaya fine non? checked the LTO website and speeding was not listed as one of the violations.

Overspeeding is 2500

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I left Manila early@ 3am and passed by the NLEX.  Not too much cars on the road. A few loaded with cargo trucks moving slowly on the right lane,  Since the Toll Gates were mostly open, I picked the leftmost lane to prevent lining up unnecessarily should the system take time reading the RFID.  The problem is they make you stop in full and then automatically take a picture of the front seat occupants. The strong strobe light blinded me for a few secs, since it was totally unanticipated.   They should use low light conditions & polarized digicams instead.  It is possible this is done to check if the occupants are masked if there are more than 2 passengers inside.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...