Nlex Experience - Reviews, Rules, Speed Radars

Guest don_pepot

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Last May, my friends and I headed for Subic riding my Toyota Innova. I was able to cruise thru NLEX without being apprehended with the speedometer playing between 100-140kph. Come along SCTEX, nanggigil talaga ako thinking that since I got away from going beyond the speed limit along NLEX there shouldn't be a problem in SCTEX. Sino bang hindi matetempt maghataw sa SCTEX eh ang lapad at ang patag ng daan. Needless to say there is a significant drop in the volume of cars around. You might even find yourself cruising within 2-5 kms stretch without any cars in sight. To make the long story short, I think I was able to make my Innova reach 170kph without any problem (I know I could've drove faster since I wasn't even flooring the accelerator. The steering wheel just gets pretty "shakey" at this point as if the car's telling you it isn't built for performance and drove at this speed). Come the entry toll way in Subic, I was apprehended and told that I was detected by the radar reaching 147 kph. I tried to "bribe the officer but they stood firm. I even called a key person in LTO to help me but without luck my driver's license was still confiscated. Although I was able to use the help of my friend to eliminate the "seminar," I still had to settle a total fine of P2,500. On our way home I sticked to the speed limit and guess what, total travel time didnt vary very much from the previous trip to Subic. I learned my lesson the expensive way. Hope this experience may enlighten other drivers out there.

Last May, my friends and I headed for Subic riding my Toyota Innova. I was able to cruise thru NLEX without being apprehended with the speedometer playing between 100-140kph. Come along SCTEX, nanggigil talaga ako thinking that since I got away from going beyond the speed limit along NLEX there shouldn't be a problem in SCTEX. Sino bang hindi matetempt maghataw sa SCTEX eh ang lapad at ang patag ng daan. Needless to say there is a significant drop in the volume of cars around. You might even find yourself cruising within 2-5 kms stretch without any cars in sight. To make the long story short, I think I was able to make my Innova reach 170kph without any problem (I know I could've drove faster since I wasn't even flooring the accelerator. The steering wheel just gets pretty "shakey" at this point as if the car's telling you it isn't built for performance and drove at this speed). Come the entry toll way in Subic, I was apprehended and told that I was detected by the radar reaching 147 kph. I tried to "bribe the officer but they stood firm. I even called a key person in LTO to help me but without luck my driver's license was still confiscated. Although I was able to use the help of my friend to eliminate the "seminar," I still had to settle a total fine of P2,500. On our way home I sticked to the speed limit and guess what, total travel time didnt vary very much from the previous trip to Subic. I learned my lesson the expensive way. Hope this experience may enlighten other drivers out there.

Bro,

Where did you pay the fine to claim your license?

Ang mahal naqman fine mo P2,500. yung sa driver ko nahuli sya 145 kph daw la din seminar. Nilakad ko P1,500 lang

Ang mahal naqman fine mo P2,500. yung sa driver ko nahuli sya 145 kph daw la din seminar. Nilakad ko P1,500 lang

Onga eh... sometimes iniisip ko nga hindi naman talaga dapat offense yung overspeeding dun kasi maski tignan mo yung tiket wala namang specific selection dun sa offense yung overspeeding. Sinusulat lang ng traffic officer overspeeding then what speed kuno. Actually I had a friend that was also apprehended 2 weeks ago in SCTEX. Nagmatigas siya and hindi agad nilabas ang lisensya niya. He told the apprehending officer that ibibigay niya lang ang license niya kung bibigyan siya ng physical proof nung claimed speed na nahuli kuno ng radar/camera. He also threatened to expose the officer since he's working in ABSCBN while showing his ID. Naknampu... nasindak ata yung officer tapos pinaalis na siya. So, may nakakalusot parin pala dito hehe

Takbo ka ng 200kph tol. hindi ka na kayang habulin non. he he he

Actually come to think of it, mas delikado pa pag natanaw mo yong mobile patrol, tapos ang bilis ng takbo mo...so babagal ka...baka matumbok ka nong nasa likod mo na parating.

anyway, lagi ko tinatanaw ahead of me kung may patrol, tapos pag may nakita ako, i try to slow down para hindi pansinin. syempre tingin sa likod kung may parating din na mabilis. madali naman sila makita sa SCTEX kasi walang taguan don.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
may device ba na anti-radar? parang may nadinig ako sa US kasi? Any comments?
Bro, ang meron sa US yung radar detector, pero maganda nga kung may radar jammer na guluhin nyung radar nila para tuloy ang takbo natin na mabilis without them figuring out how fast we are traveling. Sarap sa sports car fun run ito.

Southbound, the radar is usually at the overpass after Sta. Rita Exit. (this is is the bridge going to tabang exit) Usually may nakapark na white pickup sa ibabaw nang overpass. Nandun yun speed radar.

Ingat lang lagi. Or better, stick to the speed limit na lang. Makakarating din naman eh.

• 4 weeks later...

IF EVER HINDI PA NA POST YUNG NG HUHULI NG SPEEDING DITO NA NLEX NAKA PARK SA PAGITAN NG STA RITA AT PETRON STATION YUNG INOVA NA PUTI SA MAY SHOULDER LAGI YUN NAKAPARK MADALI LANG MAKITA YUN PAG NAKITA NINYO YUNG AT ALAM NINYO NA LUMANPAS KAYO SA LIMIT PARK MUNA KAYO SA PETRON NG 1 HOUR MALAKI PAG ASA MATATABUNAN YUNG LISTAHAN NILA MANY TIME NA AKO NAHULI AT MANY TIME NADIN AKO NAKALUSOT BAD TRIP TALAGA YAN MGA YAN 100KPH s@%t MAY SCOOTER CAN DO THAT SPEED