How To Learn To Swim

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Learn from a swimming coach whether profesional/freelancer. There are instructors offering their service in Facebook.

You can go to public swimming pool like Rizal memorial, Ultra Pasig, Army Gym and MASA Makati. :D

You can ask the life guard :ninja: there and

they will refer you to freelance instructors. The rate usually starts from 300 and can go up 1000 if it's a professional instructor.

Better ask for bundle rate of 6 to 8 sessions and some instructors will give you discount.

PS: I used to be a swimming junkie before(swimming 5x a week in different public pool) .

That's why I had experience on where to look for good credible instructors. Good luck :D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, xxx0909 said:

Natuto ko mag swimming (freestyle and breaststoke) by enrolling sa swim central. They offer survival swimming lessons and freediving as well. 

After learning, ayun solo mode na sa pool for laps and endurance training 🏊‍♂️

I know how to swim pero not confident sa malalim and gusto ko din sana itry ang freediving. Hindi ba nakakahiya magenroll pag nasa 30s na? 😅

39 minutes ago, paupau said:

I know how to swim pero not confident sa malalim and gusto ko din sana itry ang freediving. Hindi ba nakakahiya magenroll pag nasa 30s na? 😅

Ang sabi sa akin yung tinuturuan nila na average age is 33 yrs old so oks lang yan.  Yung freediving nila usually ginaganap sa 15-16ft pool. Kasama sa babayaran mong lesson yung mask and snorkel tsaka yung short fins para sa paa mo. 

If gusto matuto sa dagat, may mga organizations or clubs na pwede ka mag enroll and you can check/search facebook . Sa batangas usually mabini,anilao and bauan yung mga lugar na dive spots or lessons na alam ko. 

Eto yung mga list of clubs/organizations na nag offer ng freediving.

https://www.facebook.com/110809907431996/posts/164908878688765/

Edited by xxx0909
  • Like (+1) 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 4:32 AM, GreatGirl said:

My frustration in life.

It's all mental, maybe during your younger days you had a trauma.

But you can try this, I guarantee you will float:

- Just focus on floating, nothing else.

- Choose a depth that's almost at your chest level, this is just to guarantee yourself that if you stand up you're all safe, like I said your issue is more mental. That out of the way, your next step is...

- You will lay down to the water with your face looking up the clouds but when you do this

- you must try raise your hips like you are trying to make your crouch above water

- you must spread both your arms wide open, like waiting to hug somebody, stretch your feet as far as you can but held them close together

- you might get your face splash with some water, but don't get intimidated, you're not gonna get drowned by that. Be calm, and feel your self floating.

Now, when you get bored floating, because you will float; do an up and down motion on your feet, in an alternating fashion, such propeller movement will push you backward. Now you're swimming!

*note: Remember, your body is 80% water, that will add to your buoyancy. Good luck, have fun!   

Edited by SuperEight
  • Like (+1) 1

Learned it the hard way... during a college beach outing, we rented a boat to a shallow dive spot. Then lahat tumalon, ako lang naiwan. Dahil sa pang aasar ng barkada, gathered all my guts then sabay talon.

That was it, I discovered the joy of swimming 😁

Kids nowadays are lucky coz  included na swimming sa PE nila

Edited by Swatch
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...