How To Learn To Swim

gusto ko talaga matuto saka nagle-lessons ako pero talagang lumulubog ako (sinker) kaya hindi ako makapag-treading at floating. kailangan umaandar ako palagi

Hanap ka ng ibang swim coach. Baka may mali sa turo sa iyo.

Kadalasan lumulubog dahil sa body position sa tubig. Usual problem ay sa paghinga. Kung aangat ang ulo paharap, ang tendency ay bumaba at lumubog ang legs. Pero nako-correct naman ito.

• 4 weeks later...

i think swimming is a great skill to have and i think its a great form of exercise.. wala pa ata akong nakitang matabang swimmer! hehe

anyways, i'm planning to enroll at lozada to be able to really learn how to swim.. thing is mejo conflict sa work sched ko yung mga schedule sa lozada..

can you suggest other swimming schools?

• 2 weeks later...

am i too old to learn swimming?? im 28 yo

Nope, my mother was 38 when she took up swimming lessons and she swims almost every week now.

Hanap ka ng ibang swim coach. Baka may mali sa turo sa iyo.

Kadalasan lumulubog dahil sa body position sa tubig. Usual problem ay sa paghinga. Kung aangat ang ulo paharap, ang tendency ay bumaba at lumubog ang legs. Pero nako-correct naman ito.

Completely agree.

the very first lesson to swimming is to learn to breath properly.... the rest will follow

Also agree with this.

I know how to swim since I was five pero "langgoy dagat" or "langgoy ilog". I learned the proper way of swimming from Coach Benj - he's an active triathlete and reasonable naman ang rate niya 3000php for 10 sessions (this was 2013 - I'm not sure if his rates are higher). Natuto ako ng proper swimming techniques (breaststroke, freestyle and butterfly).

He does his lessons within the AFP compound (sometimes sa Daza, sometimes sa Officers). One hour ang lessons pero you can practice swimming as much as you want. He also manages five students only per session (no more than that) para focused ang training. He makes sure you learn one stroke properly before you move on to another.

You can get in touch with him via his FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/vagabondz

Three of my very hefty friends are scared of the water at naglessons kami sa kanya - ngayon nakakatawid na sila ng olympic sized pool at nakakalaps na sila because of his teaching.

Edited by jasper.lynch80
  • 2 months later...

for swim lessons, it's usually Lozada. Pero mejo mahal na sila at hindi na mismo yung Lozada brothers yung nagtuturo. Swerte ka na if sila mismo maging trainers/coach mo.

Pwede magpaturo usually sa any sports club, usually may mga lifeguard and coaches who give tips and help newbies.

Madalas may mga coaches din who teach for aspiring triathletes.

Pero being a competitive swimmer myself, minsan yung turo nung mga "triathlon" coaches ineffective or di ka nila na babantayan ex. yung form mo. So most cases yung swimmers may bad habits.

Payo ko nalang is when you jump in the water, wag mag panic; just learn how to breath first. Then pag comfortable ka na, you can try to experiment. Pag gusto matuto ng strokes, ideal na you get a real swimming instructor. If wala mahanap, youtube videos from Speedo meron din. Then you can compensate with training tools ex. pull buoy, kickboard, paddles, fins. Talking to other swimmers for advice, helpful din.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...