Are You From The 80s?

Nintendo Entertainment System -----> mine works fine pa! I have Super Mario Brothers 1, 2 and 3, Contra, Duckhunt, Metroid and Gauntlet.

BMX bike -----> kinakalawang na pero and layo na ng naabot

Thundercats, Tigersharks, Silverhawks, Smirfs, Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang -----> cartoons any grownup can still love

hay, I miss th 80's....tucked in Tide or Mr Clean Tshirts, baston jeans, white socks, brown belt and rubber shoes and bubuyog shades...

Edited by sirbalian
Thundercats, Tigersharks, Silverhawks, Smirfs, Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang -----> cartoons any grownup can still love

I was planning to buy books regarding Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang. I still have Charlie Brown's Encyclopedia (Volumes 1 to 15) with me. I'll never give them away. I still read them every once in awhile for fun and nostalgia's sake.

Tigersharks? Isn't it part of The Comic Strip? The last time I saw them was back in 1994 on Hollywood Channel in Home Cable.

Guest Short Circuit®

...I sure wish mine was working, oh well...at least my original Game Boy is.

hehehe. the gameboy. ano ba game ulit nun? tetris?

pero diba 90's na ang gameboy? :huh:

I was planning to buy books regarding Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang. I still have Charlie Brown's Encyclopedia (Volumes 1 to 15) with me. I'll never give them away. I still read them every once in awhile for fun and nostalgia's sake.

Tigersharks? Isn't it part of The Comic Strip? The last time I saw them was back in 1994 on Hollywood Channel in Home Cable.

isama nyo na ang street frogs completo na ang comic strip.

voltes 5 was 70s, marcos pa ang presidente noon. voltes 5 and other bazai robot characters was banned before I went to college in 198_.

erferferf

Gimmick places namin during those days:

Pag may pera: Tia Maria, Halfway Inn, etc.

Pag medyo lang: Shakeys, Eagle's Nest, etc.

Pag wala: Bili na lang ng beer sa 7-11 o kaya sa Tibs tas dalhin sa Breakwater, sa Parian walls in Intramuros, sunken garden ng U.P., Quezon Memorial circle, o kahit saan pwede magparada ng kotse at magpatugtog ng sounds

Bago umuwi from gimmick: Kain ng goto sa GoodAh or roast beef sandwich sa Burger Machine

Gimmick places namin during those days:

Pag may pera: Tia Maria, Halfway Inn, etc.

Pag medyo lang: Shakeys, Eagle's Nest, etc.

Pag wala: Bili na lang ng beer sa 7-11 o kaya sa Tibs tas dalhin sa Breakwater, sa Parian walls in Intramuros, sunken garden ng U.P., Quezon Memorial circle, o kahit saan pwede magparada ng kotse at magpatugtog ng sounds

Bago umuwi from gimmick: Kain ng goto sa GoodAh or roast beef sandwich sa Burger Machine

saang goodah ba iyan bos magaling? I go to the one at west ave qc, kaso mula ng nilagay sa aircon parang nawala ung 'pa-astig' ambiance nya. parang regular resto na ang goodah ngayon doon.

the Makati Cinema Square of the 80s was one of the best dating places I took my girlfriends....movies we've watched there in the 80s still abounds my memories...Raiders of the Lost Ark, Sister Stella L, Gandhi, Rambo: First Blood Part II, Rambo III. Ilang bese na rin ako nilabasan habang we make love in the basement parking lot at the MCS hahahaha...bopol pa mga security guard nuon

Today, the Makati Cinema Square is the breeding ground of cheap pirated DVDs stained with dilapidated walls and ceilings and old/ worn out stalls

Ginebra basketball team (playing coach Jaworski)

ampalayo, gonzalgo, loyzaga brothers, advani,

distrito, mamaril, billy ray bates, michael hackett,

jamie waller, 'jumpin joe' ward, carlos briggs,

francis arnaiz, leo isaac, kevin gamble, sylvester gray.

boy george, madonna, michael jackson, spandau ballet.

1988 All Filipino Champions

Chito Loyzaga - Captain

Ernesto Loyzaga

Romulo Mamaril

Eduardo Ducut

Dante Gonzalgo

Mukesh Advani

Crescencio Ampalayo

Leonardo Isaac

Edgardo Buhay

Rodolfo Distrito

Antero Saldana

Roberto Jaworski - Coach

feel free to correct the lineup

Edited by robbietan
My first G&W was Parachute where a chopper drops paratroopers and you were in a boat that catches them. Failing to catch the paratroopers resulted in sharks eating them alive. Then Octopus, where divers were collecting treasure underwater while avoiding the tentacles. Then Egg where you collect eggs from chickens laying eggs.

hehehe, i remember these games very well, doon nagsimula lumabo mata ko, hehehe

1988 All Filipino Champions

Chito Loyzaga - Captain

Ernesto Loyzaga

Romulo Mamaril

Eduardo Ducut

Dante Gonzalgo

Mukesh Advani

Crescencio Ampalayo

Leonardo Isaac

Edgardo Buhay

Rodolfo Distrito

Antero Saldana

Roberto Jaworski - Coach

feel free to correct the lineup

astig!

same year I officially became a Ginebra fan (I was 6).

just not too sure if Saldana was in the lineup then...although that does say a lot about the champs' depth if he was.

Edited by gift_of_game