Running

daDJ

1360906055[/url]' post='8537818']

Mga MTC runners. Need your inputs regarding your running shoes. Nag-order ako ng mizuno wave inspire 9 that is good for stability. Matanong ko lang kung ano sa inyo ang okay na stability shoes (brand and model)? Thanks.

bro, highly recomended ko ASICS GEL NIMBUS series. hindi sya soft cushion firm sya tamang tama sya for stability. yun yung ginagamit ko ngayon pang training at nung nag condura ako. overall performance panalo to. walang paltos, cramps. try mo din ASICS gel NOOSA series.

bro, highly recomended ko ASICS GEL NIMBUS series. hindi sya soft cushion firm sya tamang tama sya for stability. yun yung ginagamit ko ngayon pang training at nung nag condura ako. overall performance panalo to. walang paltos, cramps. try mo din ASICS gel NOOSA series.

as far as i know....asics gel nimbus is for neutral runner...yes, gel noosa is stability but i think it is made for triathlon...

kayano or DS trainer are the usual asics stability shoes i see here..

btw..i'm stability as well, i'm a kayano 18 user...

laugh.gif

1360944361[/url]' post='8538370']

as far as i know....asics gel nimbus is for neutral runner...yes, gel noosa is stability but i think it is made for triathlon...

kayano or DS trainer are the usual asics stability shoes i see here..

btw..i'm stability as well, i'm a kayano 18 user...

ok thanks for the corrections. madami na rin pala tayong aSICS user dito sa thread.

eto pa magandang running event.

Merrell Adventure Run 2013

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XkW5R3_hg0o/UR-WR32LSqI/AAAAAAAAB98/Bo8bKH5KWyI/s640/MAR2013-event-poster.jpg

RACE INFORMATIONDate: April 27, 2013 (Saturday)Venue: Mt. Sinai, Pintong Bukawe, San Mateo, RizalRace Distances: 5km (Men's & Women's), 10km (Men's & Women's), 21km (Men's & Women's)

RACE KITS DISTRIBUTION SCHEDULERace kits and singlets can be claimed starting April 1, 2013 to April 21, 2013 ONLY in respective registration areas. Singlet sizes will be subject to availability and will be on a first-come-first-served basis.

ASSEMBLY TIME FOR ALL CATEGORIES: 5:45AMDistance: Gunstart:21km 6:00am10km 6:10am5km 6:20am*cut-off time of 5 hours for the whole race will be implemented

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7xuG_MKCvGE/UR-V6ElMjlI/AAAAAAAAB90/PPCL7oWk63g/s640/538237_509436482432756_107176003_n.jpg

RACE KIT INCLUSIONS•Timing Chip, Race Bib No., Singlet, safety pins•Rules and regulations•Directions to venue•Shuttle option (optional for participants, with extra charge)

REGISTRATION DETAILSSubmit filled-out registration form with your fee from February 15, 2013 to April 7, 2013 at the MERRELL CONCEPT SHOPS listed below.

MARKET MARKET G/F Space 23-24 Phase 8, Gaisano Market Market Taguig City Tel. no. <a href="tel:(02)%20836-1560" style="text-decoration: none; ">(02) 836-1560

TRINOMASpace 2128 M2, Quezon City Tel. No. (02) 915-0197

SM NORTH EDSA-The AnnexLevel 3, The Annex, EDSA, North Avenue Quezon City Tel. no. (02) 352-2737

FESTIVAL MALL 2/F Festival Mall, Alabang, Muntinlupa City Tel. no. (02) 659-3284

MARQUEE MALLNepo Ave. Angeles City, Pampanga Tel. no (045) 304-0654

SM PAMPANGAGround Floor, Olongapo-Gapan RoadSan Fernando, Pampanga

HARBOR POINT2nd Floor, Rizal Highway Olongapo City Tel. no.(02) 542-2235

DASMARIÑASUpper Ground Floor, Expansion Wing, Governor's Drive Dasmariñas City, Cavite

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_39NEx4QQX8/UR-WcmFKgzI/AAAAAAAAB-E/qU20jZoTwbM/s640/MAR2013-singlet.jpg*Singlet sizes will be subject to availability and will be on a first-come-first-served basis.

WATER AND FIRST AID STATIONSHydration stations will be provided at the finish line and along the race route.This is an eco-friendly event; each participant is required to bring his/her own hydration pack/bottle. Organizers will only provide refilling stations along the race course; there will be no cups to avoid littering.Medical aid will be available at certain points along the way and at the finish line.

INCLEMENT WEATHER1. In the event of heavy rain, lightning, haze, fog and other inclement weather or adverse weather condition, the event may be delayed or cancelled.2. Should bad weather persist beyond 7:00AM or the condition deemed unsuitable, the event will be cancelled.3. If rain occurs after the race has started, you may continue unless otherwise advised by the designated race official or marshall.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-f0rbpNsRrIg/UR-WoysFC9I/AAAAAAAAB-M/mssEmUbDT2M/s640/536896_509442965765441_898471963_n.jpg*All Top 3 finishers for each race category for both Male and Female categories each get the cash prize along with a gift bag from our sponsors

FINISHERS MEDAL All 21km finishers will receive a finisher’s medal. Medals will also be given to the first 50 finishers for 5km and 10km categories respectively.

CERTIFICATES will be sent through email within two weeks after the race date to those who finish the course in their specific categories.

SUGGESTED EQUIPMENTTrail running shoes, hydration pack/bottle belt, cap, running gaiters and energy bar or gel, head lamp especially for the 21K runners.

RULES & REGULATIONS General Rules1. All participants below 18 years old must have their registration forms signed by either a parent or a guardian.2. Registration is non-transferable and non-refundable.3. Multiple category registration for one person is prohibited for safety purposes and as this may affect or disrupt race results.4. Participants who choose not to take part in the event after having registered can decide to withdraw. However, please note that there will not be any registration fee refund. Race slots are also strictly non-transferable.5. Race bib numbers and electronic timing chips must be worn at all times during the race.Official time will be based on the disposable timing chip provided in the race kit. No chip, no time. Without the timing chip, participants are not entitled to win any of the top prizes.6. Organizers maintain the right to remove any participants from the race. Injuries and medical emergencies are the utmost priority.7. No late runners will be allowed to run 15 minutes after the gun start of their respective races.8. All runners are required to have the proper loop band when they cross the finish line; no loop band means disqualification from the race.9. A cut off time of 5 hours for the whole race will be implemented. Runners on the course after the cut off time will be pulled out by the Race Marshalls.10. Time penalties and disqualification may be imposed by the race organizers on runners who do not follow race rules.11. All protests related to the results must be made in writing and submitted to the Race Director within 30 minutes after the official announcement of winners.12. The organizers reserve the right to make changes at its discretion without prior notice. The organizers’ decision is final.

PROXY REGISTRATIONIn the event that a participant will not be able to personally register and sign the liability waiver form at the designated registration areas; their representatives must bring the following: (1) downloaded form with signature of participant, (2) authorization letter, and (3) valid ID of the participant and representative.

SHUTTLE SERVICEPlace & TimeMarket!Market!, BGC 3:00 amTriNoma, North Edsa 3:30 amPhp300 round trip, first come-first served basis (payment to be settled only at Merrell Concept Shops)

wapak. late nagising. o well.. bukas nlng ako takbo nito

Ppdd and dark knight pa join if you're going to climb maculot, seriously enjoyed my pulag climb last weekend, buti nalang nakabalik sa takbo start of the year, helped me a lot sa akyat ko. Loved the experience, battered nga lang shoes ko...

Gah need new running shoes too :-) Happy running sa mga may takbo tomorrow. :-)

naku 10yrs+ na since last climb ko jan. nkkapunta lang kami pag holy week

whoa mt.pulag! yan ang gusto ko akyatin if ever..

@thedarknight -- im using asics gt2160 (stability) right now. mas ok sya compared to my 1st shoes (nike vomero7 / neutral)

gusto ko din sana magtry iba running shoes, kaso nauubos budget sa spa :P wapak tsk tsk

bro spirit220 is right. try mo suot mga target shoes mo. if pde nga takbo ka sa buong store to get the right feel for the shoes

pero mzunowave series maganda din reviews

hahaha... sorry sir yrrah... i was referring to sir floppy... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maraming salamat, Boss!

Maswerteng nakasingit ng bisita sa Riovana nung friday ng hapon at nakaabot pa sa 21K. Tapos habol sa mga meeting. hehehe

Army Navy sa March17, right?

@darknight, I've been using Mizuno and Asics. Both make great shoes. But I suggest you test drive the shoes first before buying. Sometimes the specs and reviews look good, but when you put them on, something hurts or pinches. Ultimately, it will be your feet that will decide which is the best shoe for you.

Comparing Mizuno with Asics, Mizuno for me offers better stability/support but Asics has a softer ride.

@floppydrive and other RU1 21k runners na gusto pa humabol...

Dear runners,

Run United 1 21km slots are almost out! We still have 100+ more slots left at Riovana BGC ONLY starting 6:00 PM TODAY, Feb 18. You may still register for 500m dash for kids, 5k and 10k at all registration outlets. Hurry and register now!

nakita ko lang sa runrio fb.. sugod na kau later @ 6pm!

better call ahead of time just to make sure

Riovana BGC-(02) 869-3646

Edited by ppdd

@spirit, yrahh, ppdd

Thanks sa mga inputs niyo. Oo nga mas maganda kung na-fit mo muna ang shoes and better kung matakbo mo muna bago bilhin. I decided to order the mizuno dahil din sa mgandang reviews and I also fit the mizuno wave shoes at okay siya dahil medyo wide ang designs niya that is good for me. Can't wait na ma-try ko siya at ma-break in na din para sa Safeguard-2XU run. By the way, ang bilis naubos ng slot ng RU1. Good luck and happy running sa lahat.

yrrah - nakita ko din yang merrel trail run kaso ang layo nga lang kaya di ako makapag-decide. lol

para sa mga gusto pa humabol sa safeguard-2XU leg 1

Dear Runners,

Due to popular demand, we have considered your requests and we will be adding 500 more slots for the Safeguard-2XU Sole Racing Leg 1. We have consulted our suppliers and have concluded that we can still accommodate additional runners. You may start buying your prepaid cards at Riovana BGC and Katipunan starting FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22.

Buying of prepaid cards will be on a first come-first serve basis until supplies last only. As it is now the regular registration period, the prepaid card will retail at P2,500 each.

Thank you!

Runrio Inc.

from Runrio Sole Racing

ok sana kaso 2.5k na.. aguy! aguy!

Edited by ppdd

here's what happened to my March run schedule...

I won't be able to run 21km on RU1...

binigay ko na sa pinsan ko yung race kit ko at gusto nya tumakbo ng 21km before going to the seas, he registered for 10km. He was one of those disappointed people who went to Riovana BCG (from Tagaytay) last Monday hoping to get 1 of the 100 slots added, sadly, di umabot kahit 530 pa sya dun. kaya binigay ko na yung kit ko... (bait ko no?) :lol:

March 10 -- Baguio 2wenty 1ne 2013 10km or 21km -- nasa Baguio kasi ako ng date na yan. havn't registered yet though...

March 17 -- RU1 10km (legal) or RU1 21km (bandit hahaha) :ninja: :ninja: -- depende kung ano mangyayari sa baguio.

anyway, kita kits pa din sa Army Navy.

• Like (+1) 1

binigay ko na sa pinsan ko yung race kit ko at gusto nya tumakbo ng 21km before going to the seas, he registered for 10km. He was one of those disappointed people who went to Riovana BCG (from Tagaytay) last Monday hoping to get 1 of the 100 slots added, sadly, di umabot kahit 530 pa sya dun. kaya binigay ko na yung kit ko... (bait ko no?) :lol:

March 10 -- Baguio 2wenty 1ne 2013 10km or 21km -- nasa Baguio kasi ako ng date na yan. havn't registered yet though...

March 17 -- RU1 10km (legal) or RU1 21km (bandit hahaha) :ninja: :ninja: -- depende kung ano mangyayari sa baguio.

Wow, Idol ka talaga Boss Spirit! Bilib ako sa bait mo! Dadating din ang good karma. :-D

Good luck sa Baguio!

palibre ka nlng sa pinsan mo sa spa :) hihi

pasalubong namin from baguio ha

I'll be running too on March 17 RU1 - 21 km... kita kits na lang Army Navy

So far still trying to build mileage... and run... hirap makabalik sa running

My Run workout on Thu, 02/21/2013 at 5:47 PM. I did 13.90 km in 1:33:09 at 6:42min/km.

Hay! Sana ma break ko pr ko that race... The route is very promising mostly flats!

Mga MTC runners. Need your inputs regarding your running shoes. Nag-order ako ng mizuno wave inspire 9 that is good for stability. Matanong ko lang kung ano sa inyo ang okay na stability shoes (brand and model)? Thanks.

My previous shoes are Mizuno brand....Neutral

My wife also use Mizuno... Stabilty... Nirvana and the Elixir series

Mizuno offer great technology, and honestly it offers a comfortable ride

mukhang kelangan ko na mag-change ng running route

dumadami na yung aso sa dinadaanan ko

hinabol na ako ng mga aso once, buti kakastart ko palang so napa todo sprint ako

nakakabitin pa naman... i have to stop or slowdown to a walking pace pag may mga aso

Question: may nakatakbo na ba sa inyo dito sa ultra? may bayad ba? shower rooms? details pls. thanks.