Running

daDJ

@wyette, don't worry about the hills in Condura 21K. It's a gradual climb, not as steep as certain sections of BGC. Parang Buendia-Kalayaan flyover lang ang grade. Plus since the run is at night, you won't notice the climb as you'll only see the road and the lamps. Kayang kaya yan!

BTW, what is your running style? For long runs I usually do the Galloway Run-walk-run method. In the July Milo 21K, I ran a 4:1 run:walk interval and finished 2:35. Last December, I tried running the same Milo course all the way and ended up with a 2:45 time. Cramps came in at Km17, so had to walk plenty back tot he finish line. The Galloway method makes sense for me, so for now, I'll be training at 4:1 run:walk until the Condura run. Have to be able to prolong the onset of cramps.

Thanks for the info! :)

I do not have any running style. I just run/jog. So far, I have tried running a straight 20K a week or so ago. No cramping felt. But I felt dehydrated (as I only have in hand my small water bottle) so I ran it for almost 2:50. I know I have to train myself into doing some walking in between runs so as to relax my calf muscles, but it feels as if I get tired more if I stop and I lose the pace.

HAPPY new year everyone anyway! :D

Let's keep running! :)

Thanks for the info! :)

I do not have any running style. I just run/jog. So far, I have tried running a straight 20K a week or so ago. No cramping felt. But I felt dehydrated (as I only have in hand my small water bottle) so I ran it for almost 2:50. I know I have to train myself into doing some walking in between runs so as to relax my calf muscles, but it feels as if I get tired more if I stop and I lose the pace.

HAPPY new year everyone anyway! :D

Let's keep running! :)

That's great! You wont have a hard time with running 21K then. Ingat lang sa dehydration and refueling specially for runs longer than 1.5 hours.

Happy new year sa lahat! May 2013 bring new Personal Records!

That's great! You wont have a hard time with running 21K then. Ingat lang sa dehydration and refueling specially for runs longer than 1.5 hours.

Happy new year sa lahat! May 2013 bring new Personal Records!

Errrr.. I think that is what is lacking in me, the drive to say that I will be OK with running the 21K. With my weight, I am not confident at all yet. :wacko: I will see at the PSE Bull run if I can manage to stay alive. It will be my first HM ever. So help me God. :lol:

Errrr.. I think that is what is lacking in me, the drive to say that I will be OK with running the 21K. With my weight, I am not confident at all yet. :wacko: I will see at the PSE Bull run if I can manage to stay alive. It will be my first HM ever. So help me God. :lol:

You've already run 20K without cramps. Kaunti na lang 21k na! You can do it! Just believe in yourself. If you say you can, it will happen. May proof na na kaya mo 20km, di ba? Kayang kaya na yan!

wow.. ako around 12-15k my muscles start cramping.

lack of practice runs and hydration yung nakikita kong dahilan (weekly lang kasi ako nakakatakbo)

mukhang madami tayo sa PSE bull run ah.. masaya to! kitakits peeps

wow.. ako around 12-15k my muscles start cramping.

lack of practice runs and hydration yung nakikita kong dahilan (weekly lang kasi ako nakakatakbo)

mukhang madami tayo sa PSE bull run ah.. masaya to! kitakits peeps

How do you guys meet? After the race, malamang. But you seem to know each other na e. :))

How do you guys meet? After the race, malamang. But you seem to know each other na e. :))

yep after the race meetup, usually si Turk ang nagseset ng meetup place (sya kasi una nakakatapos hehe)

actually ang nakapag meet palang is me, Turk and Spirit220

the others we havent met yet (hopefully this PSE bull run makameet ng iba pa mtc runners)

Enviro Run 2013

January 27, 2013

Tiendisitas, Pasig City

EVENT DISTANCES

3K,10K,5K,16K,

REGISTRATION FEE

3K 450 SINGLET / RFID / RACE BIB

5K 550 SINGLET / MEDAL / RFID / RACE BIB

10K 650 SINGLET / MEDAL / RFID / RACE BIB

16K 850 SINGLET / MEDAL / FINISHER'S SHIRT / RFID / RACE BIB

very nice run specially for beginners because starting 5km category may medal na!

http://i2.wp.com/www.pinoyfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ENVIRO-RUN-POSTER-PASIG-2013-Small.png?w=480

mga sir. any FR regarding sa ASICS na sapatos.

I use Asics Gel Cumulus 13. Going on my third pair now. The ride is soft, good for long distance, but wears out in about 500-600km.

I won't recommend a specific shoe, but would rather refer someone to go to a store with a treadmill, have a gait analysis done and have them recommend shoes suited for your foot. Then test run all the shoes on the treadmill before deciding. Sometimes the reviews of certain shoe are good, but when it doesn't really fit well, you're liable to get injured.

I'd recommend Secondwind running store. The staff there are patient and can offer a wider range of shoes that RUNNR or Riovana.

Hope this helps.

1357521047[/url]' post='8490904']

I use Asics Gel Cumulus 13. Going on my third pair now. The ride is soft, good for long distance, but wears out in about 500-600km.

I won't recommend a specific shoe, but would rather refer someone to go to a store with a treadmill, have a gait analysis done and have them recommend shoes suited for your foot. Then test run all the shoes on the treadmill before deciding. Sometimes the reviews of certain shoe are good, but when it doesn't really fit well, you're liable to get injured.

I'd recommend Secondwind running store. The staff there are patient and can offer a wider range of shoes that RUNNR or Riovana.

Hope this helps.

thanks for fr bro. actually, may pair ako na asic GEL NIMBUS 12 binreakin ko for SUBIC marathon h na feel ko medyo mabigat sya eh nag laps pa lang naman ako wala pang long run na practice along the road. sumakit lang mga binti after kahit nag warm up at stretching naman ako bago mag simula.

Not very steep. The steepest descent will be the section from the front of STI to the DOE, then it will be a slight rise to 32nd st, then a gradual drop all the way to the finish line. The last section you won't notice the drop, but it is going down.

Thanks!

This will be my first half marathon and all i ask is to finish. And not to finish last. Haha :D

How did you guys know it only is 19.8 km? Sorry! Im so naive! :boo:

Thanks!

This will be my first half marathon and all i ask is to finish. And not to finish last. Haha :D

How did you guys know it only is 19.8 km? Sorry! Im so naive! :boo:

You can use wikimapia.org. It has a distance measuring feature.

Kaya mo yan! It's now all in your mind - if you say you will finish, it will happen. If you say you can't do it, well that's what will happen.

Positive thoughts! You can do it!

sayang, too busy to join. will run in treadmill instead

Same here! conditioning mode muna...on weekends, we (with wife and my teen daughter) run/walk around BGC. Okay na ring practice and bonding pa with family. Dami nag jo-jog or walk dito, the atmosphere is fun.Yung iba may pets pang kasama and partners are in HHWW state.

Will join an organized fun run late Feb. or early Mar. Kitakitz MTC runners!!!