Gym Wear/Outfit

kahit ano basta walang sleeve tsaka cotton shorts..... may supporter ang belt sempre... kakatakot magkaspinal injury eh...

You don't really need a belt unless you lift insane heavy weights and that you're trying to break records.

It also depends on how you were trained or if you were trained at all.

I do deadlifts and backsquats without a belt. That's my difference - I have a better core structure than most people. I focus on basics. If you lift crazy and you don't really know how to do it then I suggest you need to hire a PT or go through whatever you can find in the Internet to help you. Start with Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength. Excellent read. Then you could follow the link in the my sig. I don't own them. I'm just promoting an intelligent way to health and fitness.

• 1 month later...
You don't really need a belt unless you lift insane heavy weights and that you're trying to break records.

It also depends on how you were trained or if you were trained at all.

I do deadlifts and backsquats without a belt. That's my difference - I have a better core structure than most people. I focus on basics. If you lift crazy and you don't really know how to do it then I suggest you need to hire a PT or go through whatever you can find in the Internet to help you. Start with Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength. Excellent read. Then you could follow the link in the my sig. I don't own them. I'm just promoting an intelligent way to health and fitness.

yep... lam ko po yan sir... ive been training for 5 years already.... naghahanap lang ako ng bagong challenge at lifting heavy weights yun. im 5'11 and weigh 210 lbs... pero not all muscles hehehe... 250-350 lbs sa squats plus ung weight ng body ko all account para mas lalo ako gumamit ng belt... eto kasi pantanggal ko ng stress sa trabaho ko... animator po ako in profession.. hobby ko lang talaga tong weights.... ive been lifting at reading training regimens long enough para malaman ko kung ano talaga mainam para d ako magkainjury.. anyway thanks sa signature mo sir....

• 1 month later...
yep... lam ko po yan sir... ive been training for 5 years already.... naghahanap lang ako ng bagong challenge at lifting heavy weights yun. im 5'11 and weigh 210 lbs... pero not all muscles hehehe... 250-350 lbs sa squats plus ung weight ng body ko all account para mas lalo ako gumamit ng belt... eto kasi pantanggal ko ng stress sa trabaho ko... animator po ako in profession.. hobby ko lang talaga tong weights.... ive been lifting at reading training regimens long enough para malaman ko kung ano talaga mainam para d ako magkainjury.. anyway thanks sa signature mo sir....

Hmm, I'm a network engineer/IT consultant/IT trainer. There are times I have multiple jobs in a day for days. Right now, I've quit all of my sideline to focus on my new job role in my company.

When to use a belt: I bet that's when you go past 2xBW for squats, depends really. I've managed to do 2.2xBW for Deadlifts and I didn't need a belt. Right now, I've developed strength but my muscles aren't like before - I've stopped training for around 5 months now. If I wanted to lift the weights I lifted before right now, I might just need to use a belt. So my workaround is to lift weights that aren't that heavy going up to stimulate my muscles to the form I had them before so that I can lift heavy again without using a belt.

Mark Henry holds the title for lifting the heaviest RAW squat - no belts, no suits. I also saw this Chinese dude who deadlifted 400 lbs without a belt.

Going back to the topic, I'd only wear sando if I'm lifting using an Olympic bar for squats. My goal is to do Back Squats lifting 315lbs @ 1x20.

Hmm, I guess you're the second animator I know. ^___^

Yup, Chuck Taylor. Or maybe dry my feet and go barefoot. Did that a few times and entailed more balance.

Jogging pants when doing Deadlifts. Sando is nicer for top.

Barefoot is the best way.

Did that at my gym and people stare at me like I'm some caveman. T_T and there was one time when a guard actually approached me while squatting barefoot and told me to wear my shoes to avoid injury. Wow by some miracle the plate would fly directly to my feet if I fail inside a squat rack. I just politely followed as I might be thrown out of the gym if I persisted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Any Dry fit for Upper and shorts which you are comfortable during exercise..:mellow: and mostly it is recommended to use a training shoes, not basketball or running shoes specially if your working in your cardiovascular and lower body cause it might damage your shoes early like what happened to me when I"m just a newbie in the gym... bring extra towel and underwear too in case of heavy training, for excessive sweating...:ohmy:

• 2 weeks later...