Gym Wear/Outfit

What brand padded cycling shorts do you recommend sir? I usually wear supporter but, of course, we can't be too careful. Thank you in advance.

If youre not gonna bike outdoors and youre just gonna do a spin class or use the indoor cycle, the suggestion is not to use the padded shorts or the gel seat pad.

The padding gives you a false sense of comfort that detracts from the efficiency of your workout. That means you dont maximize the time you spend on an indoor bike if youre on a padded seat or wearing a pair of padded shorts.

Granted that the seat of the indoor bike is not the most comfortable seat in the world, the discomfort goes away after a while... either that or your butt gets used to the discomfort and goes numb after a while.

If youre not gonna bike outdoors and youre just gonna do a spin class or use the indoor cycle, the suggestion is not to use the padded shorts or the gel seat pad.

The padding gives you a false sense of comfort that detracts from the efficiency of your workout. That means you dont maximize the time you spend on an indoor bike if youre on a padded seat or wearing a pair of padded shorts.

Granted that the seat of the indoor bike is not the most comfortable seat in the world, the discomfort goes away after a while... either that or your butt gets used to the discomfort and goes numb after a while.

and besides, when you are in a spin class, you almost always spend it standing up :D am i right? :D

and besides, when you are in a spin class, you almost always spend it standing up :D am i right? :D

Not really.. its a combi of standing / sitting depending on the objective of the class. Normally there would be sprints either on the seat or off the seat, a seated climb, a standing climb and assorted drills....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

call me crazy, but i've always believed that comfort and fit were the most important things for gym wear. if you have to workout, run, train or whatever in expensive name brand clothing then you're a pretty sad, pathetic, poser, wanker, metro-sexual, limp-wristed loser who probably spends more time staring at yourself in the mirror then in actually doing any work.

• 7 months later...

if im at golds for cardio , i wear basketball shorts and plain cotton shirts and reebok crosstrainers since di ako masyado nag bubuhat dun . pag nasa gym ng kapit bahay na 20 pesos per session , if light work out, pambahay lang tapos sandals or slippers for footwear. if 70 lbs above ang bubuhatin ko, same dress but reebok footwear for stability.

• 3 weeks later...