New York Knickerbockers

Marbury deserved better than this

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7527230

Additionally, I know things about Thomas that convinced me long ago he cares little about his players and mostly about saving his job; winning is somewhere in between.

Jamaal Tinsley grew up an Isiah Thomas fan, the reason he wears No. 11, yet found out early as a Pacer how quickly Isiah would write you off if you didn't put him ahead of personal matters.

When Jamaal needed time off to visit his cancer-stricken mother in Maryland during the '02-'03 season, Thomas offered none of his infamous love or even a little sympathy. In fact, had team president Donnie Walsh not given permission, I'm not so sure Jamaal would've been excused.

When Jamaal's mother died March 24, 2003, the Pacers chartered a plane on an ensuing practice day to take the team to the Brooklyn wake. Only four teammates were decent enough human beings to make the trip: Jeff Foster, Jonathan Bender, Al Harrington and one other whose name escapes me.

Team captain Reggie Miller, who comes from a solid family and should know better and rags players on TNT for not doing the right thing on and off the court, stayed home.

So did Thomas; you remember him, that great leader of men often heard spouting how youngbloods need strong guidance and a positive example. How can a coach ask players to dig in on defense as a team and not insist they comfort a teammate as a unit?

Worse yet, Thomas forbid his assistant coaches to board the charter.

No matter how much success Larry Bird attains in Indiana he'll never top that first command to fire Thomas.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1994-1995

C - Ewing

PF - Oakley

SF - Mason

SG - Starks

PG - D. Harper

Bench:

Charles Smith, Hubert Davis, Greg Anthony, Herb Williams

1998-199

C - Ewing

PF - Marcus Camby

SF - Latrell Sprewell

SG - Allan Houston

PG - Charlie Ward

Bench:

L. Johnson, Chris Childs, Kurt Thomas

eto yung naaalala ko na favorite ko yugn Knicks

Guest airmax

Their current lineup

Starters:

C - Eddy Curry

PF - Zach Randolph

SF - Quintin Richardson

SG - Jamal Crawford

PG - Mardy Collins

Off the Bench

PG - Nate Robinson

PF - David Lee

SF - Jarred Jeffries

SG - Fred Jones

SF - Renaldo Balkman

SF - Wilson Chandler

C - Jerome James

PF - Malik Rose

C- Randolph Morris

PG - Stephon Marbury - inactive

If you ask me this is a deep lineup ang problema lang the knicks can't play together as a team. If I were the GM of this team. I would deal Quentin Richardson, Stephon Marbury, Malik Rose and Jarred Jeffries for some quality players. Pede mo na rin siguro isama si Zach Randolph dito sa trading block.

Dapat ma determine ni Donnie Walsh kung sino sa roster nya ang magiging franchise player pero sa nakita kong lineup na ito parang wala. Ok sana si Eddy Curry kaso napaka inconsistent. It could probably be jamal crawford.

• 3 months later...

I've been a rabid fan of the knicks since the ewing days, new coach at the helm of the bench of the knicks this coming season, I hope they will improve and make the playoffs this coming season, I think july 9 would be a busy day for the knicks since it would be the first day to sign free agents, and also I heard a rumor that they are trading marbury for diaw and barbosa of the suns? but the suns rejected it already since they have an effective & efficient guard in the person of nash, lets see what actions would be taken by the knicks come july 9 ciao! for now :thumbsupsmiley: :cool: :mtc:

Edited by pajac24

Correct me if I'm wrong, di ba ang New York Knicks ang pinakamataas ang Value sa lahat ng NBA Teams? Parang nabasa ko ito sa Forbes Magazine eh, nagtataka lang ako kung bakit mataas ang Value ng Team kapag binenta, samantalang hindi naman sila as successful as the Celtics and the Lakers?

Correct me if I'm wrong, di ba ang New York Knicks ang pinakamataas ang Value sa lahat ng NBA Teams? Parang nabasa ko ito sa Forbes Magazine eh, nagtataka lang ako kung bakit mataas ang Value ng Team kapag binenta, samantalang hindi naman sila as successful as the Celtics and the Lakers?

Perhaps G_O_G would be the best person to answer this one. But I'd probably bet that it is because of their market. NY fans are really rabid supporters. They booed Isiah, but they were still attending the games. They may be stuggling nowadays, but their franchise also has had a storied history. Ticket sales, merchandise, sponsorship, etc = $$$ ...

But with the large salaries that they are coughing up, their net worth is definitely not the best amongst the teams. (<<--- same boat as the Yankees)

Same thing with Washington..not successful but still their geographical market is kind of affluent. (Hold on...With that thought, what happened to Seattle then??) :unsure: