Classical Music

baboyboy

Natasha Marsh - Natasha Marsh (2008)

post-101504-1215791270.jpg

Track List:

01. Der Holle Rache (Queen Of The Night)

02. O Mio Babbino Caro

03. Prayer (Duet with Gardar Thor Cortes)

04. La Wally (Ebben? Ne Andro Lontano)

05. Ai Giochi Addio

06. Les Filles De Cadiz

07. Autumn Leaves

08. Ombra Mai Fu

09. Brindisi (La Traviata) (Duet with Alfie Boe)

10. Quando M'en Vo

11. Bachianas Brasilieras No.5 Aria

12. Mi Mancherai

13. O Holy Night (Duet with Blake)

Natalie Clein won the BBC Young Musician of the Year Competition in 1994 at the age of 16. She was acclaimed as the Young British Classical Performer in the Classical Brit Awards of 2005.

post-101504-1215974819.jpg

post-101504-1215974720.jpg

Natalie Clein - Elgar: Cello Concerto

post-101504-1215974608.jpg

Track List:

01. I. Adagio - Moderato

02. II. Lento - Allegro molto

03. III. Adagio

04. IV. Allegro - Moderato - Allegro, ma non troppo - Poco più lento - Adagio

05. In Moonlight

06. La Capricieuse Op. 17

07. Romance Op. 62

08. Salut d'amour Op. 12

09. Chanson de matin Op. 15 No. 2

10. Sospiri Op. 70

Watch her play Sospiri Op. 70 by Edward Elgar, specially arranged for cello and orchestra by Julian Milone, on YouTube.

The Celtic Tenors are composed of Matthew Gilsenan, James Nelson and Niall Morris.

Remember Me / Recuérdame was written by Phil Coulter specially for the Celtic Tenors. It's "sinous melody and poignant words recall the Lament for the Wild Geese, on which it is based, and though it has a Spanish Civil War setting, the feel is unmistakably contemporary."

Watch The Celtic Tenors sing Recuérdame on

Lyrics:

the moonlight dances among the trees

the campfire glows in the autumn breeze

and i am lost in my thoughts of you

remember me, recuerdame

my comrade strums on a sad guitar

my mind is drifting to where you are

i'm holding you like i used to do

remember me, recuerdame, mi amor!

so long ago, so far away each night i pray

"volverán los dias pasados"

i promise you that come what may

those days will stay ever in my memory

in all this world i could never find the love that i had to leave behind

but duty calls, so whate'er befalls

remember me, recuerdame, mi amor!

God only knows what tomorrow brings

you're in my heart so my spirit sings

and i'll be strong just as long as you remember me

recuerdame, mi amor!

post-101504-1216229619.jpg

Track List:

01. The Fields Of Athenry

02. The Wild Rover (with The Dubliners)

03. Whiskey In The Jar (with The Dubliners)

04. Mary From Dungloe

05. Phil The Fluter's Ball

06. Mull Of Kintyre

07. The Star Of The County Down

08. The Town I Loved So Well

09. Ag Críost An Síol

10. Fionnghuala

11. The Contender

12. The Green Fields Of France

13. Dublinia - Dicey Reilly - The Waxie's Dargle - Molly Malone - The Rare Aul' Times - The Rocky Road To Dublin (with The Dubliners)

14. Mystic Lipstick

15. Remember Me (Requérdame)

post-101504-1216146594.jpg

Track List:

01. Non Siamo Isole / We Are Not Islands

02. Ten Thousand Tears

03. You Raise Me Up

04. All Out of Love

05. Angel of Mercy

06. Danny Boy

07. Eric's Song

08. Caruso

09. Deep In Your Heart

10. Still By Your Side

11. Remember Me

post-101504-1216231818.jpg

Track List:

01. Nella Fantasia

02. Mull Of Kintyre

03. Love Of My Life

04. Ave Maria

05. The Green Fields Of France

06. Ag Criost An Siol

07. Fionnghuala

08. The Town I Loved So Well

09. I Will Wait For You

10. So Strong, (Something Inside)

11. The Contender

12. A Love So Beautiful

13. Dein Ist Mein Ganzes Herz :: You Are My Heart's Delight

14. The Star Of County Down

15. Adagio - (Vocalise)

16. Anthem - (from "Chess")

My favorite cut is Dein Ist Mein Ganzes Herz from Lehar's "The Land of Smiles." You may remember it as the finale encore piece from the Domingo-Netrebko-Villazon Concert in Berlin.

Edited by manny a. quito

post-101504-1216232074.jpg

post-101504-1216232132.jpg

Elina Garanca was born to a family of musicians in Riga, Latvia. She won the Mirjam Helin Singing Competition in 1999 and was a finalist in the 2001 BBC Cardiff Singer of the World Competition.

post-101504-1216237960.jpg

Track List:

01. Le Nozze Di Figaro: Cherubino's Aria: Non So Piu Cosa Son, Cosa Faccio

02. Le Nozze Di Figaro: Cherubino's Arietta: Voi Che Sapete

03. La Clemenza Di Tito: Sesto's Aria: Deh Per Questo Istante

04. La Clemenza Di Tito: Sesto's Aria: Parto, Parto

05. Il Barbiere Di Siviglia: Rosina's Cavatina: Una Voce Poco Fa

06. La Cenerentola: Angelina's Aria: Nacqui All'affanno

07. I Capuleti E I Montecchi: Romeo's Aria: St. Romeo T'uccise Un Figlio

08. La Favorita: Leonora's Aria: Fia Dunque Vero - O, Mio Fernando

09. Anna Bolena: Giovanna's Aria: Per Questa Fiamma Indomita

10. Werther: Charlotte's Aria: Werther, Werther

post-101504-1216232474.jpg

Track List:

01. Chapi: The Daughters of Zebedeo Carceleras (Luisa): "Al pensar en el dueno de mis amores"

02. Massenet: Werther Letter Scene (Charlotte): "Werther, Werther"

03. Offenbach: The Tales of Hoffmann No. 15 Romance (Nicklausse): "C'est l'amour vainqueur"

04. Rossini: Cinderella Rondo finale (Cenerentola): "Nacqui all'affanno..."

05. Villa-Lobos: Bachianas brasileiras no. 5 "Aria-Cantilena"

06. Offenbach: La Grande-Duchesse de Gerolstein No.3a Choer, Recit et Rondeau (La Grande-Duchesse): "Ah! que j'aime les militaires"

07. Rossini: The Italian Girl in Algiers No. 11 Cavatina (Isabella): "Per lui che adoro"

08. Montsalvatge: Madrigal on a Folksong

09. Strauss: Der Rosenkavalier Trio & Duet(Octavian): "`Marie Theres'!""Ist ein Traum, kann nicht wirklich sein"

Watch her sing "Una Voce Poco Fa" in the Met 2008 production of Rossini's Il Barbiere di Siviglia on YouTube.

Edited by manny a. quito

post-101504-1217075520.jpg

Michael Bolton confessed that he had a secret passion for opera. And so this DVD aptly entitled "My Secret Passion"

Included tracks are:

Overture from Norma (Bellini)

"M'appari" from Martha (Flotow)

"Una Furtiva Lagrima" from L'elisir d'amore (Donizetti)

"Vesta la Giubba" from Pagliacci (Leoncavallo)

"Che Gelida Manina" from La Boheme (Puccini)

"O Soave Fanciulla" from La Boheme (Puccini)

Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana (Mascagni)

"Pourquoi me Reveiller?" from Werther (Massenet)

"Celeste Aida" from Aida (Verdi)

"Recondita Armonia" from Tosca (Puccini)

"Nessun Dorma" from Turandot (Puccini)

"E Lucevan le Stelle" from Tosca (Puccini)

"E la Solita Storia" from L'arlesiana (Cilea)

Watch him on YouTube singing "Vesti La Giubba" with Luciano Pavarotti.

Edited by manny a. quito
  • 4 weeks later...

The coast is clear.................

Beverly Salvejo just mentioned in her credentials on The Singing Bee that she is an opera singer.

Is this a publicity stunt?

I remember Cynthia Pathag going around saying she is studying opera singing under the late Elmo Makil, so does Madonna (imagine just studying the whole broadway play under a classical teacher and then she claimed to be studying opera singing too)

Maybe someone can clear this out. I smell something ain't right.

Paging bioniczeenger and brahma ..................

Let the fireworks begin LOL!

Edited by snowflake
The coast is clear.................

Beverly Salvejo just mentioned in her credentials on The Singing Bee that she is an opera singer.

Is this a publicity stunt?

I remember Cynthia Pathag going around saying she is studying opera singing under the late Elmo Makil, so does Madonna (imagine just studying the whole broadway play under a classical teacher and then she claimed to be studying opera singing too)

Maybe someone can clear this out. I smell something ain't right.

Paging bioniczeenger and brahma ..................

Let the fireworks begin LOL!

hmmm no fireworks coming snow hehehe.. ive worked with bev a number of times already.. i even guested on her debut concert at the music museum... dunno if u can really say shes an opera singer.. she had training at the met though hehehe. met here in manila ha heheeh met chorus ata. mabait yan si bev pero opera singer ?.. wala pa ako alam na opera prod na nakasama sya. ... cynthia patag however did study in up.

rachelle gerodias just had her recital a few weeks ago ... they said she was excellent... i had a gig kaya di ko napanood.. sayang.

anyway nag push through ang turandot sa singapore.. sadly i couldnt join.. di na nga ako nagauditions e... me family thing kami kaya di ako pwede umalis...

how are you guys? this thread's been too mechanical na ah? been very toxic sa work, kinakalawang na tito bio hindi nako makakasabay sa boses mo :lol: errr bev salvejo is no opera singer according to my maestro. Ive heard her voice wala bakas ha :lol: ui, if u studied under a classical teacher that doesnt mean yer an opera singer naden <_< snow lukrecia kasilag already passed away and ive seen prof. fides asencio attended her wake, sopistikada parin ang lola mo :D

and when will be our next eb? nga pala tito bio do we still have to attend that e.b. you told me yesterday? :D :D

Edited by brahma

What EB?

As for this becoming mechanical, that's why I stayed away. I like to discuss things in a natural manner, not bringing it direct from a text book. So let the okrayan begin. LOL!

That's what I didn't like about some of the showbiz people. We do need exposure in the arts, but not in a make believe way. Just because you just studied in UP Music, you're already operatic, labo nun. Even Dona Buding wasn't able to resurrect her showbiz career using her classical education with the late tenor. Walang ganyanan.

Btw, I was suprised si Placido Domingo sang at the closing ceremonies of Beijing Olympics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5gevFC3QpQ

Hi Brahma,

Work is preventing me from watching anything (night shift pa ako). I am not even sure if I can watch Boheme when Gary comes back from the States.

I know there's another opera to be shown at the CCP, forgot the tite.

Saan binurol si Kasilag? When she was still alive, Inggit nga ako dun sa battery operated wheelchair niya......renewable energy source ! No gas! No emissions! LOL!

Bio,

Don't worry about Turandot, you always told me there are offers that always comes up, you will have your day.

snow i think your talking about The Magic Flute by P.O.C. or the La Boheme? I remember when i went to p.o.c. last May, the auditions for magic flute is open sa mga bata ages 8-12 ata ^_^

Both of them. Magic Flute and Boheme. OMG, I stopped singing since '99. I would rather watch and listen than perform. LOL! Sunud sunod magiging reunion from my former peers with our dead teachers, lapit na kasi dod nila. LOL!

Text me naman, I don't even know if your phone is working.

• 1 month later...

Watched La Boheme on it's opening night. Yung mga guests na nanood star studded! All the members of the former Bad Bananas and their family watched: Christoper De Leon with Sandy Andolong, Edgar Mortiz, Johnny Delgado. Amy Austria, Joe Marie Chan, Ricky Lo were also there. They are in complete attendance to support Johnny Delgado's daugher Ana Feleo. Magaling talaga siya, hanep sa stage presence. I think this lady will become a huge star in her own right.

Gary del Rosario, is getting better. He can easily give a high C, fully sustained despite the bumbling conductress, who doesn't have experience in an opera. His voice is so powerful that he is the only one heard on the high notes....the guy perfected his technique and had good experience singing operas in the US He received loud bravos, claps just like Ana. As the other members of the cast exclaimed that he's an inspiration for them to go on. Too bad he is only contracted to sing just one night only.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...