Condo Unit Or House & Lot?

I prefer house and lot as well. There are a lot of factors to be considered indeed in buying condo unit...like, when the building is going to be "condemned", it's obviously a loss not gaining - mentally, physically, emotionally and yes, (money) financially. But it rarely happens naman i guess. Just inclining though to one of those disadvantages.:rolleyes:

I prefer house and lot as well. There are a lot of factors to be considered indeed in buying condo unit...like, when the building is going to be "condemned", it's obviously a loss not gaining - mentally, physically, emotionally and yes, (money) financially. But it rarely happens naman i guess. Just inclining though to one of those disadvantages.:rolleyes:

as far as i know, condemnation happens in around 50 years. so we couldn't really witness it in our lifetime i guess.

house and lot for me too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A lot of working middle class families own house and lots in subdivisions in the peripheral suburbs of Metro Manila (Marikina, Antipolo, Novaliches, Las Pinas, etc) and nearby provinces (Bulucan, Laguna or Cavite) but have to endure commuting to their place of work or school in Manila or Makati areas. They usually end up renting apartments in Manila to be close to their place of work or school. Going home to the residences during weekends, spending week days in their rented apartments.

Makes me think twice about the practicability of owning an affordable house and lot if it is situated far from work or school. Condominium seems to be a better alternative.

Condo Unit as of now, I'm still a bachelor kasi. I like the freedom I have right now, plus mas ok magdala ng girl sa condo. may privacy! plus dagdag pogi points! wahahahaha! :lol:

pero still have plans to own a House & Lot, mas ok kasi yan pag may family na. ^_^

Yup pag binata, mas convenient talaga kung condo ka nakatira.

house and lot....sayo ang titulo.

same as with condo. with house, you have the lot. with condo, you have the airspace (which is more valuable than ground lot, and that is why the higher the condo unit, the more expensive it gets).

the main argument for house/lot is more privacy.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

There is often a high concentration of condominiums in downtown locations where land is at a premium. A house in the heart of the city will be unaffordable for many people. If you want to be in the heart of the city, a condominium may be a good choice.However, when you buy a condo, you do not own the land beneath the building, you simply share an interest in it. Instead, you own the space between the walls of your unit, and share ownership of the common areas with other owners. The house land is completely in your ownership.

There is often a high concentration of condominiums in downtown locations where land is at a premium. A house in the heart of the city will be unaffordable for many people. If you want to be in the heart of the city, a condominium may be a good choice.However, when you buy a condo, you do not own the land beneath the building, you simply share an interest in it. Instead, you own the space between the walls of your unit, and share ownership of the common areas with other owners. The house land is completely in your ownership.

This is correct. I'd just like to add that homeowners have a Transfer Certificate of Title (TCT) attesting to the fact that they own the house and lot. Owners of condominium units, on the other hand, have a Condominium Certificate of Title in lieu of a TCT.

• 4 weeks later...