Condo Unit Or House & Lot?

house, you pay real estate tax (or avoid) and pay association dues . . . condo, you pay both but lumped as association dues

house, you pay for soil . . . condo, you pay air space

house, you pay for big space to get privacy . . . condo, you pay for smaller space to get community

house, you can design but still run restrictions by the association . . . condo, same thing.

house, cheaper but farther . . . condo, expensive but nearer

house, you can play loud music . . . condo, you can play loud music but only one time haha

house, kids learn how to bike early . . . condo, kids learn how to swim early

house, headache to maintain but worth it coz it appreciates in value . . . condo, minimum maintenance but does not appreciate as much

Bottom line : Get what suits you, wala kang talo!

a house AND lot does not really appreciate in value.... one offsets the other..... only the lot appreciates its value.... the house has wear and tear that depreciates the value of the combination.... plus you have to pay annual realty taxes....

i favor condo living..... no realty taxes because you don't own the land the condo is built on plus 24 hours security.... and your unit does not depreciate that much....in fact if your location is good, it tends to appreciate because it is more of a commercial space since you can rent it out and after that you are allowed an annual rent increase of 10% ... on the downside, you have to rent a parking space separately and then the association dues are sometimes too steep but then you get to call on maintenance for repairs to your unit (you shoulder the expenses if it is a renovation)....just make sure that the dues are broken down and always attend the meetings so that you can complain and ask admin where the dues go.... they have to explain to the tenants about the breakdown of the dues...

it's a matter of choice......you give up something to avail of something else so it all boils down to whatever lifestyle suits you....

• 2 weeks later...
Condo Unit Or House & Lot?, Which do you prefer buying?

What's the reason for the purchase? Is it because it's a life goal or is it an investment?

If it's a life goal, then a house and lot is best. Anywhere.

But if it's an investment, then a condo would be better. But location is a paramount consideration.

For example, a multi-million peso house in a subdivision along Commonwealth, QC. will always be trumped by a multi-million condo unit in the Makati or Fort Bonifacio areas.

if i have the money, i'd buy a second home and that is a house and lot with ample space for parking, garden and if possible swimming pool. that's me as an end-user.

for investment purposes, as a real estate broker, if i have the money, i'd go for the extremes: it's either a high-end condo unit (in the price range of P8M up) OR a low-end condo unit in the range of P1M to P2M because your market is already there for the taking.