Condo Unit Or House & Lot?

Condos are well-marketed products for schmucks who like to feel they're all that. Pag wala kang lupa at bahay, you really have strayed so far from the basics. Land, air, a place to stroll and let kids play, lots of greenery... these are things no condo can provide, even with a communal area for jogging and such. Sila Zobel ba, tingin niyo titira sa condo for long term? Inde. But they sure sell a lot of these to the consuming masses.

Condos are well-marketed products for schmucks who like to feel they're all that. Pag wala kang lupa at bahay, you really have strayed so far from the basics. Land, air, a place to stroll and let kids play, lots of greenery... these are things no condo can provide, even with a communal area for jogging and such. Sila Zobel ba, tingin niyo titira sa condo for long term? Inde. But they sure sell a lot of these to the consuming masses.

So sorry for the triple post! The browser kept freezing and returning a "flood control in effect, pls wait 60 secs to post" message so I thought indi na-upload ang post ko! Apologies!!

Before, I am thinking of getting a condo unit... But I have thought it over and decided that I will just get a house and lot...

Think of the facts : With a Condo, you only get rights to the unit. If the building gets demolished/condemned or if the building collapsed because of an earthquake, then your investment on the unit is also lost. You only have rights to the unit and not on the land that the building was built on. Also, the value of a building depreciates over time. Another thing to consider is room for expansion... With a condo unit, you have no room for any major expansion.

Now, with a house and lot... It might be more expensive than a condo unit to start with, but it pays to invest in one. My main reason why this is the best investment for my money? One, the price of land appreciates yearly...as time goes by and a piece of land is hard to come by with, owning a lot will be a luxury. Second, if you buy a land and house from a respected land developer, let's say AyalaLand, then security is not a question as all residencies developed by Ayala has good security. Also, with a land and house, there are a lot of rooms for improvements and expansions. And it feels more safe... Also, even if your house collapsed due to earthquake, you can build another one since you own the land where your house was built on.

So for me, the best investment, not only for my money but for the future and security of my family will still be a House and Lot... That's Hands Down!!!

ahahaha....schmucks....i like that.

but yeah, haus en lot talaga the best and totoong long-term na investment.