Writings of the Heart

Finding Peter Pan

by: dragfly

So there I was, catching falling stars on my bed one night and contemplating on my longest ever crush on Peter Pan. Maybe if he were for real (and if dogs could really fly) I could too, if only I didn't know that while I believed so much on fairies, my fairies never did believe in me. I could not blame them; I never really took off the galaxies stuffed in my pockets, and I kept on catching more falling stars than I could hold in my hands. They must have thought that it was this weight that kept me anchored to the ground.

I found pixie dust sprinkled inside my shoes, when I finally got off the bed. Only I didn't get that magical feeling in the movies, (the room did not echo "you can fly, you can fly!" ) It stung my feet instead, like when you sit on your leg for too long, stung my feet like having that funny bone on your elbow hit by the classroom chair. I liked wearing them anyway, for it reminded me of Peter Pan (and have I mentioned that I had the longest crush on him?) and I thought maybe if I wore these pixie shoes, by some good fairytale karma, he would appear. Even though it stung. (Even though I didn't know yet that later on, it will bleed.)

Anyway I always kept my needles ready, just in case he drops by searching for his shadow.

So then my window flew open, as I watched in awe as the second star to the right shone brighter and brighter, I ran to the sill and stood on the roof thinking of what it's like, face to face with your most elusive dream - must have been that same feeling in the wax museum when you're face to face with hollywood stars, only better. (as I have never really found wax a legitimate substitute for human beings - wax hands are too slippery to hold.) Peter Pan was more than a Michael Jackson. Heck, Peter Pan was far greater to me then even Elvis.

I felt afloat. My feet began to leave the roof tiles - I was going to fly! I gave it one huge leap of faith, and I drifted into the endless sky. (And for the first time ever, like that cow in the nursery rhyme, I finally understood how it felt to jump over the moon)

I didn't stay there for long though. Next thing I knew I was being pulled hard into the earth, plunging into the darkness underneath me. Down down down down down down

It was a seemingly endless fall. How high have I really been? Down, down, down.

Down, down, down, I couldn't have crashed harder. The moment I hit the ground I felt my bones dig themselves into my other bones, and the stars that I have held so dearly in these pockets fell all over the place, dug themselves into my skin, like shards of that full length mirror that used to hang in our old apartment, (along with those five years of bad luck multiplied by a thousand stars and a few dozen galaxies and the remains of the first dog in space)

I had legitimate reasons to cry then, only I figured that crying is not as much fun as laughing, And so I did. And all of a sudden I realized that it takes more than pixie dust to fly.

And while I thought that my fairies never did believe in me, I felt myself begin to rise.

(I never found my Peter, but who am I to protest now that I'm in Neverland?)

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Soul mate,

I don't know your name and I haven't seen you yet but I know you're just out there.

It's been years and I haven't found you yet

Although I haven't known nor spoke to you,I just want to tell you that I love you and I will always wait for you...

Soul mate... when that time comes...the right time for us to meet. I will never let you go.

I may or may not find you here in Manilatonight but I am just taking chances... if you're here please give me a sign..

You may pm me or add me to your Skype...Please check my profile

My love,

If I know what love is, it's because I know you.

You are the reason for so many smiles I have.

And you're the one place my heart always wants to go to when it wants to feel grateful and glad.

If I know what love is, it's because my thoughts of you have such a beautiful way of gently filling my soul ....

to 6283,

hi, i guess this is the last time i would say goodbye, well the road we have taken are rough, complicated and very tough we have met in a very unsual way, as much as i would love to hold your hands as you walk in this different times to show you how much i love you, you are very special to me i would not have change anything of you. when i said to you that I love you i really mean that it is not that i am looking for you to answer back, but i feel i have to say it to you, so that i would not be fooling myself by not telling you. Well now that we are strangers again to each other I still wish the very best for you, and for you to be happy. again I LOVE YOU, you will always have a special place in my heart.

.... I love having you in my life.

It has never been the same since you came into it.

And I know it will never be the same again.

You take my heart to palces it's never been before.

You've given more of you that I ever knew anyone could give.

You've given me feelings like presents too precious to open.

The most wonder gift is the joy of being loved by you.

Dear Sir Knight,

This distressed damsel has fallen hard again. I do not know how many more heartaches I will be subjected to until you come into my life. As you know, I have long been waiting for you. And I am truly sorry if I failed to recognize that those fake Knights who I permitted to hurt me, has taken a little piece of myself that I should have reserved for you. But no matter, kind Sir. I know you'll understand and accept me and my previous errors because those experiences honed me well and taught me how to become a better lady until your arrival. You do not know how desolate I am right now, in my lonely nook, wishing for your arms to protect me yet again from harmful and pretentious men who masquerade under a ton of heavy armor. I long for you right here, right now. To bring back my faith in love, in life, in happily ever after. I do not wish to remain jaded forever. I will take caution in shielding my heart from becoming shattered again. No matter how long you come, I know I will be whole once you finally get to where I am. I am so sad Sir Knight. Loneliness is eating me alive. I have already wished upon every star yet you're still so far. I live for the day when I can put a face behind the fragment of a shadow that I call Sir. And I keep the faith burning strong until the embers of your devoted love stoke the fire that is about to die inside me.

Sir Knight, I beg you. Hasten your steps in finding me. I want to make the most out of life with you by my side. I have been alone and lonely for so long because I am so scared of making another mistake in thinking that it's you when it's not. Chase the pretenders away and prove to me that you exist for me and I, for you. I miss you everyday and I look for you every second. I search strangers' faces to see your traces yet I have not grasped you still. I want to give up but you keep me holding on to the hope that someday, someday SOON, you will come and rescue me from this hellhole I'm trapped in.

I will wait for you, Sir. Au revoir.