Writings of the Heart

"Look babygirl; please understand and forgive me if I sounded blunt..

I really, really want to make you happy as far as I can, to see you smile everytime wee meet...But I am not that well-off as you might have probably thought so..

The reality is that, as of now, all that I can give you is myself, to be there for you when you need me be, to lend a shoulder or an ear when you need someone to lean on or listen to you as you share your most cherished dreams...

I want you to be happy with me within my means: happy not because of material stuffs; but happy, content, and grateful for the experience and memories of living in this world with me by your side...

That is all I can afford to give you my babygirl; myself, the adventure that when can have together, and the happiness that we'll have with each other.."sleep.gif

If I were an ant, pupunta ako sa arms mo, kakagatin kita as hard as I could. Siyempre, papatayin mo ko. Then, as my poor soul rises to heaven, I’ll whisper in your ears: “I just died in your arms”

Heaven? Most people search for it but very few of them find it. I don’t give a damn coz I have you, and with you is a hell of a lot better than heaven.

I would give all my treasure…my happiness to never see you sad. I would give up eternity to be with you forever, and the days after forever. I’d give up my everything…except YOU.

I had a dream last night: They were taking you away from me. I tried to hide you but they were able to take you away just the same. I tried to wake myself to stop the pain but I never did. Kamuntik na akong bangungutin sa tindi ng aking pagdurusa.

Someone once asked me if I really love you. I just kept quiet, closed my eyes, smiled, opened my eyes again, and walked away. Then, I whispered to myself, “mahal na mahal…”

Kaya kong tuyuin ang iyong mga luha sa bawat pighati na iyong nararamdaman ngunit kailan mo kaya mapupuna ang mga patak ng aking luha? Pareho lamang tayong sawi…ikaw sa kanya at ako sa iyo. Mabuti pa sigurong tayo na lamang dalawa.

When you feel alone, just look at the spaces between your fingers. Remember that in those spaces, you can see my fingers as well, locked with yours forever.

You have to put up with the rain to catch the rainbow. Once in a while, it’s nice getting hurt to fortify a pure promise.

If I were deaf, I’ll hear your laughter thru your smile; If I were mute, I’ll speak thru your eyes; If I were blind, I’ll see thru your touch. I can live without senses, but life won’t make sense without you.

Meeting you was fate, being a friend of yours was a choice, and loving you is everlasting.

Let me be your shipmate towards our quest for love and companionship. And should we find it, I’ll treasure it forever, and the days after forever.

Some joys are better expressed in silence, as a smile gets more audible than laughter. I was once asked if I enjoy your company, my reply was…just a ready smile.

I want my eyes to be your eyes so you could see how wonderful you are. I want my heart to be your heart so you could feel how much you mean to me, and I want my ear to be your ear so you could hear me whisper ‘i love you.’

How was I to know that you were watching me sleep? I awoke to see you laying there and just then, you smiled and said hi and that just melted me. I wish with all of my heart that I could wake to your beautiful eyes for the rest of my life.

I hated to leave but as I have told you, I left a big part of me with you. It is yours now so, take care and tread lightly. I wish that I could be with you now as you face so many struggles, but know that I am there in spirit and am praying for everything to work out for you. No matter where this life takes us, together or not, know that you will always be in my heart and “my favorite.”

When it seems like there’s no one left to run to in this empty world you can come to me I’ll be your shooting star. You can tell me your dreams I can’t promise to make them come true, but I’ll be there to pick up the pieces of your broken heart if your dreams won’t come through.

My thoughts are free to go anywhere, but it’s surprising how often they head in your direction. Until you come home to me, every night I fall asleep with your loving letters and pictures beside me to keep me warm all night long. With a kiss upon your face, I gaze into the night dreaming of us, until the next moment I touch you

"Good morning 'bee.. just wanna say that the farther I am from you, the more do I want to be with you. How I wish to be the one to wake you up early dear; to remove that morning-star off your eyes, and wipe that grime off the corner of your lips; to run my fingers through your messy hair, and caress the wrinkles off your face; to plant light kisses on your dimpled cheek, and blow air in your ear..then finally I would whipher, "Good morning, babygirl. Thanks for making my day today ü "

the words may not be seen but it's all scattered on the walls...covered, hidden, washed away by the tides...

You broke my heart and you continue to tear it apart... why, Mari... you promised to love me... you did... I wish to just forget everything about you, about us...but things are easier said then done...

Tadhana.

You would know it when they say the rain can make you feel “emo”? That holds so much truth in it.

I found myself listening to a really insightful song by Up Dharma Down called “Tadhana.” It’s a very soothing song especially during those rainy days. And the lyrics — they hit too close to home. Tadhana. Fate. Will we ever know?

I remember one quote from a movie I really liked, “The Kite Runner,” in which the father of Amir, the main character said, “It may be unfair, but what happens in a few days, sometimes even a single day, can change the course of a whole lifetime.” And it’s true. It CAN change exactly how you see life. And what makes us experience those moments in our lives? Fate. Fate allows us to go through that part of our lives and changes us into what we are today. But I can’t help but ask: Do we really have to leave everything up to fate or do we have to decide and deal with life the way we want to?

Today, I caught myself trying to make a sense out of my being single for quite some time now. I was talking to one of my co-workers and I was doing my best to explain to him why I am still single. I told him that I’m having a hard time falling for someone these days, or even like someone for more than a month.

A friend of mine tried his best to let his thoughts out about it. Of course some of them were right but we ended up just looking at each other and then we burst into laughter. I finally figured it out that no one knows why. I used to be gullible, aggressive, trusting. I easily fall in love or at least show reciprocation. Things have changed though. I no longer see myself as that person. I was telling this friend I can’t even remember how it felt like to be in a relationship; how it’s like to have someone special in your life, how couples survive a night without dead air, what they do to keep themselves entertained; how a kiss felt, how a simple hug of affection can make things different, how they keep things going, how they make it work.

I sat down. Stood up. Walked around. Sat again. I practically went everywhere. Is it fate telling me I’m not yet ready? Is fate telling me I’ve learned from my previous relationships and I’ve had enough of the “crap”? Have I become selective, or was I just traumatized with my past heartaches? I am not exactly sure myself. All I know is that I deserve better and I’m just contented with what I have right now. I’m too happy and I don’t need a man.

Answers to this can be very elusive and at the same time confusing. You can never have a solid thought about this because in a minute, you can change your mind and your heart. I really wish I know the answers because fate can be very tricky. Sometimes it’s good but unfortunately, not at all times. Fate can be cruel and mean. Fate can make you feel like a total waste of space. But when fate is nice to you and you’re lucky enough, it makes you feel like you’re always home. Like you have found that missing piece; that one jigsaw puzzle piece you have been searching all along. Sometimes, it can be in a form of a person you fell in love with. But it can also be the simplicity of knowing that it’s all about waiting. And appreciating what you have and not minding about what you don’t have.

After a couple of minutes, I sat down beside another good friend of mine and we discussed the same thing. I heard the same response! She told me it’s probably because I still haven’t found someone who just doesn’t make me feel “kilig” inside but someone who has a unique connection with me. A connection no person can make. And as cliché as it goes: a spark. Only fate gives us that. And I agree.

Also, I’ve always had that notion that I’d marry early, have kids and a happy family, having my career on the side and my family coming first. That’s before I learned the true essence of love and relationship: that love isn’t always the good stuff, it’s about compromise and acceptance, and being ready for pain and sacrifice, which is never easy.

I also learned that TRUE LOVE means not going to a battle alone. I believe fate is what brings true love to two people. When fate decides it’s time, whoever you are, whatever you are, that’s it. And that your FAITH in FATE is something that always gives you that spark of hope of finding exactly what you are looking for.

• Like (+1) 1

"Thank you S_____ for the wonderful time you spent with me, for the patience you have extended to me, for the understanding and appreciation you have for me, for the utmost honesty you have shown me.. Keep in mind that you're also kept in my mind, as you are locked inside my heart.. Mahal po talaga kita babygirl; please don't forget that ha? .. Ingat ka tomorrow..

Pleasant dreams to you also, bee.. May it be as sweet as your favorite fruit, that brings out those beautiful dimples of yours with every bite wub.gif"

Habang umiihip ang usok sa pisngi ko, sabi mo, “lumipat ka dito sa kabila para di ka mausukan.” Bakit ka kasi naninigarilyo? Hindi man lang dumapo sa pag-iisip ko ang ang mga susunod na pangyayari matapos ang maraming tawanan at masiglang pagpapalitan ng kuro-kuro ng araw na iyon.

Alas singko ng umaga, may kadiliman pa, kahit magdamag na inuman ay nagawa ko pa ring magmaneho, pumarada sa tapat ng club house, nakababa ang bintana, hindi ko alam kung anong ginagawa ko doon, sabi mo kasi umaga na matatapos ang party ng mga kaibigan ninyong magasawa at baka hindi ka na makalabas pa ng bahay, "I'll try my best but I will not promise." Dumungaw ka sa bintana ng kotse para mag “Hello.” A very tall girl na may nakakaakit na ngiti, long sleeved na black shirt at maiksing shorts, nakalitaw ang makikinis at mapuputing mga hita, yun na ata ang pinakamagandang tanawin na nakita ko sa loob ng napakatagal na panahon.

Mahigit dalawang taong hinanakit at sama ng loob na nakalipas, parang kailan lang, hindi ko pa rin alam ginagawa natin pero bumalik tayo kung saan tayo unang nagkatagpo, ang ganda ng panahon ng gabing iyon, mahangin at may kalamigan, madilim na para makita ng lawa ng Taal. Magkayakap habang nakaupo sa veranda, nakatingala at minamasdan ang mga bituin sa kalawakan, nagiisip habang dinuduyan ng ihip ng hangin ang usok ng sigarilyo, sa wakas ay tayong dalawa na lang, sa wakas ay dumating din ang panahon natin, ito na nga ata, matuloy kaya, bakit pa ba ako nagiisip ng ganito?

Malawak ang silid, pinagmamasdan kita habang nakahiga, pinipilit gisingin ang aking sarili, masakit kasing magising sa kalagitnaan ng isang magandang panaginip. Maraming alinlangan ang mga halik mo pero masarap ang dampi ng mga labi mo sa akin, nakakalasing ang amoy mo, napakainit ng mga yakap mo. Hindi ko tinigilan ang leeg, batok at mga tenga mo, katulad ng ipinangako ko mahabang panahon na ang nakalipas. Dahan-dahan kong hinaplos ang katawan mo sa ilalim ng suot mong kamiseta, makinis, malambot, pilit mong pinaglalabanan ang kiliti habang nararamdaman ko ang pagtayo ng iyong mga balahibo. Dalawang segundo at dalawang daliri lamang para unhook ang bra at naramdaman kong nawala ang pagaalinlangan mo, pinaalala mo sa akin ang sarap ng mga halik na matagal ko na ring inasam. Parang panaginip lang, ilang beses ko mang ulit-ulitin sa isip ko ang mga sumunod na pangyayari, napapangiti na lamang ako, naghihintay sa susunod na pagkakataon.

Ingat ka lagi. Miss you. Happy Birthday! We are f#&king crazy.

• 3 weeks later...

I was fiddling with the remote looking for a nice program to watch, when I just decided to watch Rated K instead, not knowing what their segment's gonna be.

And there it was, they're featuring Legaspi City. And it just starts pouring in again.

Our memories. That escape for our own private world for some 32 hours of just US.

Or were you being true to your words when you said, "I may not be physically beside you, but know this... You will always feel my presence wherever you go and whatever you do. From the smallest and the simplest, you will feel me."

Goodness!

• 2 weeks later...

"I do not know what it is about you that closes and opens. Only something in me understands. The voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses. Suddenly as if the flower imagines the snow, everywhere, carefully descending..."

Sorry... I was lost, should be:

"I do not know what it is about you that closes and opens; Only something in me understands the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses. Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands."

Hi.

Its been almost 2 months of no contact (on your side at least). You're tougher than I thought. I envy you because until now I can't move past that night when we had our last talk. The confessions you made, those kept me awake at night, most nights. I kind of expected those but hearing them verbally is a different thing. In a way, it's a good thing that you confessed up. It made me realized that my fears we not unfounded, that my mind is not playing tricks on my sanity. We should have ended it a long time ago, but I just love you too much to let you go. I just can't bear the thought of going through my days without talking to you or thinking about you. I wanted it to be for a long time, if not forever. But destiny is not working with us. Now here we are. You have your life and your things, and I have mine. I hope you are happier now whomever you are with. I'm still alone and kind of lonely but that's the way it should.

A part of me will always be loving and waiting for you but we have to work on our own issues, on our own. If ever you found this letter, know that I will always be here, ready to accept you at your worst. If you are not coming back to me, I just hope you meet great people, do great things, raise a great family, and have a wonderful life.

Goodbye and goodluck.

• 4 weeks later...

Alam ko, mali para sa akin ang umibig

kaya pinili kong iwasan ka,

pra na rin sa ikabubuti mo..

pra malayo kita sa maaaring makasakit sa iyo

para malaya kang makapamili kung sino ang gusto at

karapat dapat sa iyo..

ganyan kita kamahal, kahit sa isang banda hindi mo ito alam

at nararamdaman..

malayo man ako sa iyo, alam ko naman at ramdam ko

na kaw pa rin ang mahal ko..

I always thought i was weak, my heart so fragile and easily deceived. I tried to hide my weakness put on a mask for everyone to see, but everytime i look in the mirror i still see the old me trying to break free. I loved you with everything i have, wanted to give you everything i can and wanted to be just the man you always dreamed of but it seemed destiny had other plans for us, you showed your love a different way so that made us go our own separate ways. Goodbye is just the beginning our chapter is still not closed for me because maybe, just maybe this is a test for us to know who we really are...

• 2 weeks later...

You think I dont know anything? Not because I'm taking things in a stride and We are talking the way we used to means that I am ok and everything is alright. You just dont know the hurt I feel inside and its ripping me apart. I know your lies, your alibies , your excuses . Please have the balls to tell me how you really feel cause the most terrible feeling is you are there but your heart is not.

• 1 month later...
Guest Riveria

"We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet… I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things… all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness.'"

Im on a payphone trying to call home all my change i spent on you......where have the times gone baby its all wrong where are the plans we made for two....if happy ever after did exist i will still be holding you like this all those fairy tales are full of s@%t....You turn your back on tommorrow cuz you forgot yesterday i gave you my love to borrow... but you just gave it away.....

I saw your real facebook account (Ahh, that one you chose to hide before?, yes, that's it). So, that's the real you huh. Took you that long to come out (not the homo way)? I knew even before but I was hoping I was wrong. As always, my guts are always right. Anyways, its water under the bridge now. I'm pretty sure you feel at peace knowing you don't have to hide anything from someone. I just wonder why hide it in the first place and with me? I don't want to know the answers now, it wouldn't matter anyway. Doesn't hurt anymore because the expiration date is always hanging by my head, like an ax. No regrets, the choices I made are done with clear heart and conscience. Would you say the same thing about yours? Just think about that and hopefully you can carry it over the next significant person in your life.

I guess you're here to stay like a stain, a mark on my skin, a scar on my chest where my heart is. And like the blood inside me, you'll keep on flowing all through out my being.

I'm finally accepting this. But it doesn't mean my heart is still feeling and beating the same for you.

I take a step forward each day that pass. No matter how small the distance may be, miles will be covered and I shall get there... Healed and free.

And you can never have me again. Never touch me again. Never have my smile again.

I will belong to another. I will be touched by another. My smile will be for another.