Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

1325822841[/url]' post='8082837']

Sir is this advice still applicable if my unit is a D90? I mean its better to buy a good lens than a new body? If so, what lens would your recommend. I only have the kit lens 18 - 105mm.

I'll only be using the camera as a hobby, stick with the dx formats. It'll be a waste upgrading to the full frame cameras if it will be used for personal use only. Stick with a dx camera and buy better lenses which can serve as a good investment.

Sir is this advice still applicable if my unit is a D90? I mean its better to buy a good lens than a new body? If so, what lens would your recommend. I only have the kit lens 18 - 105mm.

yes. the d90 has a built in focus motor which is really handy as you can use the screw drive type lenses.

the newer d5100 for example does not, which means the older "D" lenses cannot autofocus.

i'm still quite new to photography and i quickly realized that the latest and greatest camera body does not make me a better photographer.

depending on the majority of shots you do, you can decide from there which lenses will suit you the most.

most importantly, what is your budget? if it's quite limited, then i'd look for the second hand lenses that are in good condition and save yourself a few bucks.

tamron and sigma have released some rare gems that are a fraction of the price of the Nikkor.

for example, I couldn't afford a Nikon 17-35mm so I use the Tamron 17-35mm which is brilliant and more than enough for my needs. the Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II is around $2500, instead I use the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS HSM which I bought for less than half the price of the Nikon counterpart. The Nikon 24-70mm is over $1500, the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 which I have is about a third of the price. I also have the Nikon 50mm f/1.8D & 85mm f/1.8D - for macro, i have the Tamron 60mm f/2.

hope that helps.

:)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes. the d90 has a built in focus motor which is really handy as you can use the screw drive type lenses.

the newer d5100 for example does not, which means the older "D" lenses cannot autofocus.

i'm still quite new to photography and i quickly realized that the latest and greatest camera body does not make me a better photographer.

depending on the majority of shots you do, you can decide from there which lenses will suit you the most.

most importantly, what is your budget? if it's quite limited, then i'd look for the second hand lenses that are in good condition and save yourself a few bucks.

tamron and sigma have released some rare gems that are a fraction of the price of the Nikkor.

for example, I couldn't afford a Nikon 17-35mm so I use the Tamron 17-35mm which is brilliant and more than enough for my needs. the Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II is around $2500, instead I use the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS HSM which I bought for less than half the price of the Nikon counterpart. The Nikon 24-70mm is over $1500, the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 which I have is about a third of the price. I also have the Nikon 50mm f/1.8D & 85mm f/1.8D - for macro, i have the Tamron 60mm f/2.

hope that helps.

:)

Sabi nga nila.. Its not the pana its the indian..

Me I'm using d5000 gamit ko Tammy 28-75 2.8 with BIM..

Edited by yar

Sabi nga nila.. Its not the pana its the indian..

Me I'm using d5000 gamit ko Tammy 28-75 2.8 with BIM..

Pagdating sa composition ng shots, nothing will change kung magpapalit ka lang ng gear. Pero if we are talking about same settings ( all things equal like camera settings, lighting, naka tripod, etc), malaki ang difference pag upgraded ang gears. Im saying this dahil na experience ko yung magsimula sa rebel xti with kit lens (18-55 f4 w/o IS) then moving to tamrom (17-50 f2.8 w/o IS or whatever tamron call it). mas clear ang pic, mas vibrant ang colors. Then moving to a new body 5d mark II w/ kit lens, na try ko i compare (i wish na saved ko yung shots)with my old one. it's like night and day.

any landscape photographers here?

i wouldn't call myself a landscape photographer but i consider it a "hobby within a hobby" =)

landscape photography takes a little more dedication I think.

Here some of my landscape shots I've posted on 500px

http://500px.com/ron_gabriel

http://pcdn.500px.net/5625974/da2bd47b41aff0df8f6d9d7160ae8e279c751dbf/4.jpg

http://pcdn.500px.net/5174342/2275944f15a78175123d76dc8d5be808cf8e7173/4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/pinoydaysleeper/MadGlass/1.jpg

To all photography enthusiasts, either a newbie testing your hands on Model photography or an amateur wanting to beef up that resume, join us and get a chance to win a DATE with the VIXEN

Mad Glass Studios

presents

Vixens in Lingerie

two set-ups: bedroom(lingerie) & poolside(bikini)

When: June 30, 2012; 12pm- 5pm

Where: Gilmore Heights Condominium Clubhouse, Gilmore Ave, Brgy Valencia, New Manila, Quezon City

Registration Fee: 2,000

Deposit reservation fee of 300 to our BDO savings account and pay the remaining 1,700 on the event. Please bring deposit slip as proof of payment.

We will run a contest for the participants and winners will get a DINNER DATE with the VIXEN or a Fancier Camera/Laptop bag; spa certificates and Starbucks GCs; Food will be provided by Zuuzrap.

Salute to our sponsors Zuuzrap, BuenFilms, Cocomo, Brazilian Wax & Spa and Salsa Verde

*for inquiries: 09175270076, 09157741872

Edited by tennismeister
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sayang ito ha... Will there be another event like this? I really missed this!!!

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/pinoydaysleeper/MadGlass/1.jpg

To all photography enthusiasts, either a newbie testing your hands on Model photography or an amateur wanting to beef up that resume, join us and get a chance to win a DATE with the VIXEN

Mad Glass Studios

presents

Vixens in Lingerie

two set-ups: bedroom(lingerie) & poolside(bikini)

When: June 30, 2012; 12pm- 5pm

Where: Gilmore Heights Condominium Clubhouse, Gilmore Ave, Brgy Valencia, New Manila, Quezon City

Registration Fee: 2,000

Deposit reservation fee of 300 to our BDO savings account and pay the remaining 1,700 on the event. Please bring deposit slip as proof of payment.

We will run a contest for the participants and winners will get a DINNER DATE with the VIXEN or a Fancier Camera/Laptop bag; spa certificates and Starbucks GCs; Food will be provided by Zuuzrap.

Salute to our sponsors Zuuzrap, BuenFilms, Cocomo, Brazilian Wax & Spa and Salsa Verde

*for inquiries: 09175270076, 09157741872

mga sir, im not sure if this is the right forum to post this but ill post it anyway, its an invite that i saw and here is the link. just want to clarify that im not the organizer. hehe just sharing info

A SEXY BIKERBABE OPEN PHOTOSHOOT.

From Cruisers, to Sports bikes, Muscle bikes, Vintage Enfields and scooters...

"We have it all at B & C".

FEATURING:

Premiere Vixen Linda Jean and Ehra Kanjee

FHM online babe of July 2012 Klariz Magboo (A.k.a voice of Ash in Pokemon)

and Pacquiao Margarito Round Girl Nicole Genova.

Packed with very well known models and fresh faces.

9/16/12 (SUNDAY)

RESERVE YOUR SLOTS NOW.

Reg fee is 1k php only for a HELL OF A RIDE. \m/

Sign-Up in this Event LINK and see the rest of the Bikerbabes: http://www.facebook.com/events/360549970690701/

For Inquiries:

09152028031 (Globe)

09295636334 (Smart)

09333834989 (Sun)

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a....801474651_n.jpg