Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

where can i buy nikon d3100 that is made in japan? i canvassed at a shop in quiapo P26,500 with 18-55mm lens but made in thailand. at this price is it worth it? or i rather buy a canon 550d made in japan at around P38,200? appreciate any reply. thanks

by the way i am beginner and getting bored with my lumix dmc fx10 point & shoot. tia

• 2 weeks later...

One of the best all around lens...

A bit expensive nga lang but if you have the budget its worth every penny...

maganda nga lahat basta L-series ng canon na lalo 70--200 na amaze lang kasi gawa ng weather sealed sila. pero kung budget constraint naman i'd rather pick SIGMA 70-200 HSM with OSM. (counter part na din ng USM with IS ng canon).

• 4 weeks later...

where can i buy nikon d3100 that is made in japan? i canvassed at a shop in quiapo P26,500 with 18-55mm lens but made in thailand. at this price is it worth it? or i rather buy a canon 550d made in japan at around P38,200? appreciate any reply. thanks

by the way i am beginner and getting bored with my lumix dmc fx10 point & shoot. tia

Hello sir! Ngayon ko lang po nakita kaya baka nakabili na rin kayo pero share ko lang rin opinion ko.

I think all nikon d3100 units are manufactured in Thailand. Halos lahat po ata ng nikon DSLR sa Thailand ginagawa(except ung mga higher end nila ex. d3s / d700). Maganda image quality ng d3100. For that price sa tingin ko ok na ok siya, pero sa tingin ko po store warranty lang ang kasama kaya mababa ang price. Matibay naman ang nikon so maliit lang ang chance na magbreakdown ang unit. ^_^ Ok din ang 550d, mas advanced sa d3100 ng konti, ok ang image quality at ok din ang video. Try niyo po itest kung san kayo mas comfortable, i-feel niyo yung camera at hawakan niyo. Ok po yung 2 cameras na yan, sure na sulit ang pera niyo.

Also, kung may friends din kayo na gumagamit ng DSLR, tignan niyo rin kung ano gamit nilang unit. Mas madali kayo magprogress at makakahingi ng tips, since mas madali maging familiar sa mga settings ng camera niyo. At syempre pwede makishare ng gamit sa kanila. :P

I'm a film guy but when traveling, a digicam is much easier to bring. No hassles with x-ray harming film, etc. Not the same as a full frame DSLR but one third the weight and bulk. And 1/4 the weight of the Hasseblad. And the 4x5 doesn't travel well at all.

So when I went to Spain last month, I took the little Lumix G2. Here's a link to a panoramic assembled from 4 frames shot with the G2. The 20mm lens is very nice.

https://picasaweb.google.com/pointnshoot/BarcelonaLisbonAndMadrid#5643441480638578002

Can't post the whole picture here because it's way too large.....even the Picasa image is reduced resolution, but it's not too bad.

Edited by agxo3
  • 1 month later...

for Sharing Lang: Libre lang din namang mangarap eh.

Canon EOS 1D X Replaces 1Ds Mark III, 1D Mark IV

By Allison Johnson, DigitalCameraReview.com Editor | 10/18/2011

digg http://64.19.142.11/www.digitalcamerareview.com/images/icons/sent-mail.gif http://64.19.142.10/www.digitalcamerareview.com/images/icons/comments.gif http://64.19.142.10/www.digitalcamerareview.com/images/icons/print.gif Canon merges the EOS 1Ds and 1D DSLR lines into the EOS 1D X. Replacing the 1Ds Mark III and 1D Mark IV with an 18 megapixel full frame sensor, the 1D X aims to please a broad range of pro photographers with 12 fps burst shooting and dual DIGIC 5+ processors.

At the heart of the 1D X is a new full-frame 18.1 megapixel CMOS chip with a native ISO range of 100-51,200. Outside of that range, ISO can be extended to 50 on the low end and up to 204,800 at the high end. A separate 100,000 pixel RGB sensor handles metering, coupled to its own DIGIC 4 processor. The 1D X will offer dual CF card slots; SD/SDHC media will not be compatible.

http://64.19.142.13/www.digitalcamerareview.com/assets/43370.jpg

Canon merges the EOS 1Ds and 1D DSLR lines into the EOS 1D X. Replacing the 1Ds Mark III and 1D Mark IV with an 18 megapixel full frame sensor, the 1D X aims to please a broad range of pro photographers with 12 fps burst shooting and dual DIGIC 5+ processors.

There are no less than three image processors on board the 1D X. Aside from the metering processor, two new DIGIC 5+ engines offer a 30% increase in data processing over previous generations, according to Canon reps. With tracking AF, burst JPEG shooting is available at up to 12 fps; burst rate increases to 14 fps with fixed focus. The new processors make possible 14-bit A/D data conversion in the high octane EOS 1D X.

Also new to the 1D X is a 61-point AF system. When used with lenses with maximum apertures as small as f/5.6, fully 21 of the points at the center of the chip are cross-type. Five points are diagonal cross-type points with maximum apertures as small as f/2.8. An AF tab has been added to the menu system, allowing for adjustments to settings like tracking sensitivity.

The EOS 1D X will record 1080 HD video at 24p, 25p or 30p. Two new compression formats are offered: intraframe ALL-I and interframe IPB compression. Video files are automatically split when they reach a 4GB maximum, allowing for uninterrupted video recording for up to 29 minutes and 59 seconds. A stereo mic input is available to videographers as is a wind-reducing filter.

The 1D X's optical viewfinder offers 100% coverage with 0.76x magnification. Shooting modes and other exposure parameters are displayed through the eyepiece. On the camera's rear panel, a few adjustments have been made. A one-touch live view switch has been added and a row of buttons has been moved into positions below the LCD.

http://64.19.142.10/www.digitalcamerareview.com/assets/43368.jpg

An Ethernet jack has also been added, and there are now two function buttons located near the lens. One is assigned depth of field preview, but both can be assigned custom functions such as display of the electronic level. A 3.2-inch LCD monitor offers an impressive 1,040,000-dot resolution, and a new "Q" Quick Control button offers access to camera settings. A new shutter has been engineered for the 1D X, rated at 400,000 cycles. Canon reps claim it is more durable, lighter and produces less vibration thanks to a new motor.

But wait, there's more. In no particular order, the 1D X will also offer these notable features:

• For the first time in a Canon DSLR, multiple exposure capability. Four modes (additive, average, bright and dark) can be used to combine up to nine photos into one composite image.
  • New EOS iTR Intelligent Tracking and Recognition AF option.
  • Compatibility with a new WFT-E6A Wireless File Transmitter with 802.11n network support.
  • Optional GP-E1 GPS receiver with electronic compass to record latitude, longitude, elevation and Universal Time Code.
  • 2 weeks later...

ask lang guys which is better 35mm f/1.8 or 50mm f/1.8..... im planning to buy my 3rd lens and looking toward a wide angle fast lens.

First, unless you are using a6x4.5 or larger format, 35mm is not truly "wide" - it's more moderately wider than normal.

What camera are you using? What format is it? APS? 35mm? 4:3? 6x6?

Wide is only a function of focal length, it is a function focal length relative to diagonal measure of the imaging area. A "normal" lens is the lens that projects an image on the sensor/film that has the same perspective as "normal" eyesight. Typically, that has been a focal length that is roughly equivalent to the diagonal of the image area - as measured in millimeters, NOT pixels.

Let's look at 35mm which is 24mm x36mm. The diagonal is 43mm. A "normal" lens would be between 43mm with some latitiude given, so "normal" lenses for 35mm range from 40mm (as in the Leica/Minolta CL/E cameras to 55mm (as in many of the Canons of the 70s and 80s).

A "wide" lens if just that - wider than the normal perspective. 35mm on a 35mm film area is a bit wider than normal. Today, "wide" for 35mm would begin at 28mm and get shorter from there - many rectilinear wides are available down to 14mm or so. Beyond that you get curvilinear distortions.

Most DSLRs have a "multiplier" effect of about 1.5x, meaning that a 50mm lens on a DSLR produces the same image as a 75mm lens on a 35mm camera would. Why? Because the sensor is smaller. The image produced by the lens remains the same, but by sensing on a smaller area, the effective image captured is of a smaller zone (at the object plane). This is true of ANY lens you use, so a 105mm lens on a 35mm camera, when used on a typical DSLR would produce an image of the same perspective as a 150mm lens on the same 35mm camera.

So - if you have a typical DSLR whose imaging diagonal is roughly 2/3 the imaging diagonal of a 35mm frame, to get a "normal" perspective, you would need a lens somewhere between 28mm and 35mm, and nothing longer than 28mm would qualify as "wide".

I use a Lumix G2 with a 4:3 sensor - for me "normal" is 20mm, "wide" would be 14mm or less.

As I have told all of you over and over again - it is easy to pick up a camera and push the shutter button. It is much more difficult to produce really good image, despite all the "help" that in-camera SW and Photoshop give you. And it take KNOWLEDGE to do so, otherwise it's luck and what I term "accidental art". So - LEARN THE BASICS. UNDERSTAND WHAT LENSES ARE, AND WHY THEY DO WHAT THEY DO. WHAT IF FOCAL LENGTH? WHAT IS APERTURE? WHAT IS DEPTH OF FIELD AND HOW IS IT RELATED TO APERTURE? WHAT IS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN APERTURE AND SHUTTER SPEED?

That's just the beginning. Understand what Photoshop does (and does NOT do) for you.

Buying an expensive DSLR does NOT make you a photographer, it simply reduces the amount of money you have in your bank account. Having a camera gives you ONE tool to become one byt you have to learn the tool so you can use it properly.

Gusto ko lang po sana I ask ang opinion ng mga experienced the DLSR users

I have the rebel xti with Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 and speedlite 430 and gusto ko mag upgrade since almost 6 yrs old na yung camera ko. What would be a better upgrade path? 7D ( so i can use my Tamron) or 5D?

I only use it for my vacations, camping, etc (konting landscape) and gathering w/ friends/family, usually at nightime and sa loob ng house kaya nagdecide ako bumuli ng flash. I saved enough para sa 5D pero

ang worry ko is baka pagbili ko ng 5D mark II after a month lumabas na ang 5D mark III.

TY in advance sa opinions

Edited by Jacknife

i have a d3000 its a dx cam...nikons entry level dslr, i wnat a fast lens coz im having trouble taking photos in not well lit locations like church, im not a pro photographer i didnt study photography either. i shoot and learn via youtube and kenrockwell and other websites. tnx for the advise and tips.

sir, if you don't mind,

baka speedlght or tripod talaga ang kailangan mo

i have a d3000 its a dx cam...nikons entry level dslr, i wnat a fast lens coz im having trouble taking photos in not well lit locations like church, im not a pro photographer i didnt study photography either. i shoot and learn via youtube and kenrockwell and other websites. tnx for the advise and tips.

Faster in a sense of focusing speed? Or maybe what you're referring to is the blur while shooting in a not well lit place. If that's the case, what you need to have is prime lens. A 50mm F1.8 would be a good investment on a learning photography hobbyist like me and you. I for myself have a 50mm F1.8 and I must say that it works well on low light situations.

If you're using the standard kit lens w/c aperture's smallest is 3.5mm, then you would definitely need a speedlight to compensate the scarcity of ambient light and also to lessen the blur that you'll be having.

Well, those are my thoughts with regards to your problem. I'm not a pro in this field and I still have lots to learn.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the 5d mark ii is a bit old now and i really wouldn't consider it an upgrade.

you should probably spend your hard earned cash on a better lens, a lens that you can keep for a few years regardless of whether you have a crop or full frame.

like a fast 50mm f/1.4 :)

Sir is this advice still applicable if my unit is a D90? I mean its better to buy a good lens than a new body? If so, what lens would your recommend. I only have the kit lens 18 - 105mm.

• 1 month later...
1320464576[/url]' post='8033348']

The fastest lenses available for you are the prime lenses at 1.8 aperture. Merong 50mm and 35mm. Your onky problem for these is the lack of zoom. You have to move un closer or farther. If you hVe the budget, try the zoom 2.8's. (17-55 2.8 for dx format)