Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

thanks bro. :)

@butchochoi

I use a canon EOS 400D, i bought (actually my relative bought it for me) mine last late January yata, 33,500 siya sa Henry's... mukhang makukuha pa siya ng masmababa, di pa lang polished ang haggling skills nung bumili! hehehehe

try mo 450D or 40D, out na yata pareho yun... pero ok na din ang 400D, sabi nga nila lagi, "Its not the camera, its the photographer..."

good luck!

Edited by hari ng sablay
i also asked this on the other thread

anyone knows of a photography class that i can enroll in? does mtc have a photographers group? can you guys teach a newbie like me? got myself a Nikon d60.

hope someone can pm me some info on photography classes.

Hope this helps...

Hi! I will be giving photography seminars on the following dates for the months of April-June 2008:

=============================

April 2008 Basic Photography Seminar (Weeknight Sessions)

April 8 – Basic Theories and Principles of Photography

April 10 – Composition Techniques

April 15 – Basic Studio Lighting

April 17 – Basic Photoshop

April 22 – Basic Color Management and Guerilla Shooting Techniques

All sessions shall be from 630pm-930pm.

There are only twenty (20) slots available.

The seminar fee of P4,000.00/participant is the total fee for all five sessions. All participants will receive handouts and a certificate of attendance.

There will be a two-day photography seminar from April 5-6, 2008. Topics to be discussed include Basic Photography Theories and Principles, Composition, Basic Studio Lighting and Flash Photography, Basic Photoshop and Basic Color Management and Inkjet Printing.

The schedule of topics to be discussed is as follows:

April 5 (9am-5pm)- Basic Theories & Principles of Photography, Composition, Basic Studio Lighting and Flash Photography.

April 6 (9am-5pm)- Basic Photoshop, Basic Color Management & Inkjet Printing and Guerilla Shooting Techniques.

The seminar fee of P4,500/participant is inclusive of handouts, snacks, lunch and a certificate of attendance.

A 50% downpayment (non-refundable) will be required to secure a reservation.

May 2008 Basic Photography Seminar (Weeknight Sessions)

May 6 – Basic Theories and Principles of Photography

May 8 – Composition Techniques

May 13 – Basic Studio Lighting

May 15 – Basic Photoshop

May 20 – Basic Color Management and Guerilla Shooting Techniques

The seminar fee of P4,000.00/participant is the total fee for all five sessions. All participants will receive handouts and a certificate of attendance.

May-June 2008 Basic Photography Seminar (Saturday Sessions)

May 3 – Basic Theories and Principles of Photography

May 10 – Composition Techniques

May 17 – Basic Studio Lighting

May 31 – Basic Photoshop

June 7 – Basic Color Management and Guerilla Shooting Techniques

All sessions shall be from 2pm-5pm.

The seminar fee of P5,000.00/participant is the total fee for all five sessions. All participants will receive handouts and a certificate of attendance.

June 2008 Basic Photography Seminar (Weeknight Sessions)

June 10 – Basic Theories and Principles of Photography

June 12 – Composition Techniques

June 17 – Basic Studio Lighting

June 19 – Basic Photoshop

June 24 – Basic Color Management and Guerilla Shooting Techniques

June-July 2008 Basic Photography Seminar (Saturday Sessions)

June 14 – Basic Theories and Principles of Photography

June 21 – Composition Techniques

June 28 – Basic Studio Lighting

July 5 – Basic Photoshop

July 7 – Basic Color Management and Guerilla Shooting Techniques

All sessions shall be from 2pm-5pm.

The seminar fee of P5,000.00/participant is the total fee for all five sessions. All participants will receive handouts and a certificate of attendance.

All seminar sessions will be held at Unit 114, Gold Building, 15 Annapolis Street, Greenhills, SJ.

You may view more details regarding my photography seminars at:

http://web.mac.com/misterkodaker/Jo_Avila/Welcome.html

You may register for a seminar by sending an email to pinakamagalingako@gmail.com

Cheers!

Jo Avila (0917) 5305133

I'm also addicted to taking pictures using my camera... now that I'm here in UK I've been taking pictures like crazy :lol:

aside from MTC's thread on photography... I also visit TPC's photography forum... which I find very informative...

By the way I'm using my Sony DSC-H1 5MPx camera... with 1GB mem stick :thumbsupsmiley:

Hi there... Im planning to buy a Digital SLR Camera.. Im just a begineer.. Still dont have any idea on photography.. A friend of is selling Olympus E-410 and Canon 350D. Dont know what to choose... guys, maybe you can help me with this... Coz im planning to buy this week... Whats your view on this one, which is better...???

Hi there... Im planning to buy a Digital SLR Camera.. Im just a begineer.. Still dont have any idea on photography.. A friend of is selling Olympus E-410 and Canon 350D. Dont know what to choose... guys, maybe you can help me with this... Coz im planning to buy this week... Whats your view on this one, which is better...???

get the 350D. You'd have more accessories available and the canon reliability. :)

The Canon IIIf is a Leica replica and 25k is roughly $400, its the going price for something like that if it's in mint condish

whoever said 25k is leica territory must be dreaming. really..

Not really - at the lat swap meet in Santa Clara (yes, I'm in CA) I came across a relatively nice Leica IIIc (at least I think it was a c!) for $500 before haggling. If I'd wanted it I figured I could get the seller down to $400 or so. N les, just the body, but it was clean if a bit scuffed, and the speeds sounded okay although I would have had it CLA'd if I'd bought it. The M3s OTOH are somewhat higher - last one I saw was $900 and it was just in okay condition. I picked up a mint M3 SS for $1,000 with a 50mm Summilux on it. So $400 is not unreasonable if you know where to look!

Is there somewhere to take photography classes here?

I went a little crazy and bought a D200, Nikor 18-200 VR lens, SB-800 speedlight and a nice bag but don't really know how to use all of it that well.

Would like to take a class to better understand photography.

Something close to the Fort Bonafacio area would be preferable.

Is there somewhere to take photography classes here?

I went a little crazy and bought a D200, Nikor 18-200 VR lens, SB-800 speedlight and a nice bag but don't really know how to use all of it that well.

Would like to take a class to better understand photography.

Something close to the Fort Bonafacio area would be preferable.

It would actually help to read the manual of your camera first and get to know its features before attending classes... more often than not... the instructor assumes that you're already familiar with your camera

You guys might be interested in this...

Share your Special Moment with Mother Nature

Share your Special Moment with Mother Nature and tell us how it made you feel! Send us your Photo of the uniqueness and beauty of Philippine Nature and get a chance to have it on display at our "Celebrating the Good Earth Photo Exhibit"

Celebrating The Good Earth Photo Exhibit

Ark Avilon Zoo

Frontera Verde, Ortigas Ave. cor. C-5, Pasig City

http://www.yehey.com/local/lifestyle/images/collage.JPG

What inspire you most about our planet? Send us pictures of anything about nature and tell us how it made you feel! There few things more exciting than the feeling of oneness with Mother Earth and all who dwell within her!

Mechanics:

The exhibit is open to all professional and amateur photographers currently residing in the country.

Entries can be in monochrome or color.

The theme of the photo exhibit is "Celebrating the Good Earth"; the photo should capture the uniqueness and beauty of the Philippine nature. Participants can enter photos taken using digital or conventional camera.

Print should be 12 x 18 inches, with or without borders and unmounted. Borders should not be more than one inch on each side.

Photos should have a title, location where the photo was taken, complete name of the participant, address, contact information (including email address) and signature at the back of the photo and Selling Price* of the Photo (optional)

All entries will be subject for review by the Zoo Management; it will be displayed at Ark Avilon Zoo from April 15 to June 30, 2008 for public viewing. All participants' entry exhibited will get a Certificate of Participation plus two (2) Complimentary Tickets to Avilon Montalban Zoological Park at Brgy. San Isidro, Rodriguez, Rizal.

At the end of exhibit on June 30, 2008, all participants shall claim their respective photo entries within twenty (20) days. Unclaimed photo entries shall become the property of Ark Avilon Zoo.

Entries must be submitted in a long brown envelop at Ark Avilon Zoo Ticketing Office or via courier addressed to ARK AVILON ZOO Frontera Verde Ortigas Avenue corner C5, Pasig City 1600

Deadline for the Submission of Entries is on May 15, 2008 JOIN NOW and be a part of appreciating the wonders and beauty of our Good Earth!

For more infos, please feel free to contact us at +632 706-2992/ +632 706-2993 or email us at arkavilonzoo@gmail.com

*25% of the proceeds will go to Ark Avilon Zoo chosen charity, another 25% for the exhibit venue and the rest 50% will go to the Photographer.

Not really - at the lat swap meet in Santa Clara (yes, I'm in CA) I came across a relatively nice Leica IIIc (at least I think it was a c!) for $500 before haggling. If I'd wanted it I figured I could get the seller down to $400 or so. N les, just the body, but it was clean if a bit scuffed, and the speeds sounded okay although I would have had it CLA'd if I'd bought it. The M3s OTOH are somewhat higher - last one I saw was $900 and it was just in okay condition. I picked up a mint M3 SS for $1,000 with a 50mm Summilux on it. So $400 is not unreasonable if you know where to look!

Swap meet Leica's in good condition are quite rare man. If you do find something nice, chances are the owner may not know its worth. I was in Düsseldorf about a year ago and at a flea market, someone in the tour group picked up a Hassie 500 c/m kit for a mere $300. condition was around 8.5/10, I felt for the owner, and wish I had chanced on it first.

Been fortunate enough to receive ebooks from a genorous person sa kabilang group, his request is to share his books to many as posible, so kung gusto nyo, PM na lang ng email add...

will prepare the list of books i receive from him....

AGAIN LIBRE HO ITO !!!!!!! WALANG BAYAD

just send "DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY BOOKS" to 8 members including xwhiteshadow...

next to be send is DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY ALL IN ONE DESK REFERENCE FOR DUMMIES 3'RD EDITION (2006)

Medyo may kalakihan ang size nito, so it will be send in 6 part email.

pag may nag bounce na email ko dun sa mga nag request, sorry but di ko na uulitin ( sensya na me work din kasi ako eh) on that note pa check na lang ang email nyo if there is enough space (size 42,627 kb)

thanks

just send "DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY BOOKS" to 8 members including xwhiteshadow...

next to be send is DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY ALL IN ONE DESK REFERENCE FOR DUMMIES 3'RD EDITION (2006)

Medyo may kalakihan ang size nito, so it will be send in 6 part email.

pag may nag bounce na email ko dun sa mga nag request, sorry but di ko na uulitin ( sensya na me work din kasi ako eh) on that note pa check na lang ang email nyo if there is enough space (size 42,627 kb)

thanks

pls. send "digital photography books" to nashkeynes@yahoo.com

thanks!