Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

Good luck!

You might end up buying a D80 or higher after you enter the store! Palaging wiped out bulsa namin pagpunta sa Hidalgo. Parang Disneyland for photography!

talaga?

pero okay na sa akin basic camera, pang hobby lang.

di naman exceptional kukunin ko :)

Good luck!

You might end up buying a D80 or higher after you enter the store! Palaging wiped out bulsa namin pagpunta sa Hidalgo. Parang Disneyland for photography!

quite right, man... went to hidalgo last wednesday with a friend and we ended up buying a rolleiflex 3.5E. we had lighter pockets but with a big smile on our faces.

post-19037-1204432187.jpg

post-19037-1204432231.jpg

Edited by insomniac
22K sa henry's ang d40x...

Malaki rin pala talaga difference in the price sa mga malls compared sa hidalgo prices. just went to check out the BPI madness sa ayala. ang D40X price is at 34K at 12 months installment payment.

Any idea on the price of D80 with lens kit sa hidalgo?

may tawad na yan? :P

i got mine at 20,800. but sold it at 24k sa bestfriend ko hahah!:D

haggle pa pag chinese... :P

wala pang tawad yung 22k... we just went in and asked, "magkano nikon d40x nyo?", the lady behind the glass counter replied, "beinte-dos", got out and went to buy a rolleiflex from another store :upside:

i'm sure that if we had hagled we could lower the price down to the price that you bought yours.

Edited by insomniac
IMHO the old school 35mm SLR (you heard me right, old school film cameras) is the true measurement of skill.

For me beginners should understand the basics through this format...

The ultimate in control is working with a large format camera. Each exposure can (and should) be handled in its own way - exposure and development (watch our for reciprocity!), grain vs. contrast index, vs. dynamic range. Slow going, but very rewarding if you can do it right. Yes, you need to know the basics, and more! But once you master that, yu can concentrate on making art instead of pictographs.

For skill, roll film has its own challenges one must master. It's harder in some ways to work with roll film (35mm, 120/220) because you have multiple exposures on a single roll, so your exposures have to be consistent across the whole roll - all should be pushed, ppr pulled equally so when you develop the roll, all exposures are the same.

There's a LOT more to a good photograph than simply pointing and clicking the button. Exposure, aperture and shutter speed choices, ambient vs. artificial light vs. flash, fill flash vs. backlighting, dynamic range vs. contrast, shadow detail and highlight detail, perspective, distortion, foreshortening, scale, depth of field, critical focus - and that's just the technical aspect. Then there's composition and lighting, contrast and color, depth and breadth...........

Have you ever thought through why you like a photograph? What about it makes it attractive? What about it evokes an emotional response? What does it mean to you? What's the photographer trying to convey?

Think about it some time.......famous photographers have a way of telling a story or evoking an emotion or conveying an opinion. The famous photographers have a way of bringing you into the scene, of making you feel what they felt when they saw the scene. How do they do that? IF you want to be a famous photographer, you'll need to unlock that secret! It starts with skill and technique - once you have that mastered and don't have to think about it any more, then you can go on to the next level.

Ei guys, planning to bu my first camera, probably a d40x. want to start photography as a hobby. any recomendations in the lenses? and their prices? pwede ba yung lens ng ibang slr sa d40x? and if you happen to know a website that i can read through for photoshop and photography please sahre it. TIA

quite right, man... went to hidalgo last wednesday with a friend and we ended up buying a rolleiflex 3.5E. we had lighter pockets but with a big smile on our faces.

post-19037-1204432187.jpg

post-19037-1204432231.jpg

Is that a Leica IIIf next to the Rollie? How much did they want for it?

Just too a closer look - looks like a Leica, all right, but why does it have a Canon lens on it?????

Edited by agxo3
The ultimate in control is working with a large format camera. Each exposure can (and should) be handled in its own way - exposure and development (watch our for reciprocity!), grain vs. contrast index, vs. dynamic range. Slow going, but very rewarding if you can do it right. Yes, you need to know the basics, and more! But once you master that, yu can concentrate on making art instead of pictographs.

For skill, roll film has its own challenges one must master. It's harder in some ways to work with roll film (35mm, 120/220) because you have multiple exposures on a single roll, so your exposures have to be consistent across the whole roll - all should be pushed, ppr pulled equally so when you develop the roll, all exposures are the same.

There's a LOT more to a good photograph than simply pointing and clicking the button. Exposure, aperture and shutter speed choices, ambient vs. artificial light vs. flash, fill flash vs. backlighting, dynamic range vs. contrast, shadow detail and highlight detail, perspective, distortion, foreshortening, scale, depth of field, critical focus - and that's just the technical aspect. Then there's composition and lighting, contrast and color, depth and breadth...........

Have you ever thought through why you like a photograph? What about it makes it attractive? What about it evokes an emotional response? What does it mean to you? What's the photographer trying to convey?

Think about it some time.......famous photographers have a way of telling a story or evoking an emotion or conveying an opinion. The famous photographers have a way of bringing you into the scene, of making you feel what they felt when they saw the scene. How do they do that? IF you want to be a famous photographer, you'll need to unlock that secret! It starts with skill and technique - once you have that mastered and don't have to think about it any more, then you can go on to the next level.

The master has spoken http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i280/Phrozhen_Khold/Smileys/bow2.gif

Is that a Leica IIIf next to the Rollie? How much did they want for it?

Just too a closer look - looks like a Leica, all right, but why does it have a Canon lens on it?????

it is a canon sir. it says canon on the top of the camera. i researched a bit on the net and found out from the canon virtual museum website that the particular model was manufactured from 1951 to 1955. the guy behind the counter is selling it for P 25K, but i have seen the same camera on ebay with complete accessories and mostly unused (according to the sellers) with starting bids as low as USD 120.

Edited by insomniac
it is a canon sir. it says canon on the top of the camera. i researched a bit on the net and found out from the canon virtual museum website that the particular model was manufactured from 1951 to 1955. the guy behind the counter is selling it for P 25K, but i have seen the same camera on ebay with complete accessories and mostly unused (according to the sellers) with starting bids as low as USD 120.

Thanks....the Canons are nice but I'm looking for a Leica III. P25K is way too high - that's Leica territory, not Canon!

Thanks....the Canons are nice but I'm looking for a Leica III. P25K is way too high - that's Leica territory, not Canon!

i agree, its steep for a canon... i think i might have passed by a store with a Leica M3 displayed. i'll ask around and let you know if i find one...

btw, for all of you guys who are thinking of buying a camera from stores in quiapo, you might want to look at this first: http://www.bncxe.org/showthread.php?t=27348

seems like a lot of people are disatisfied with the service from henry's. just a heads up. peace

Edited by insomniac

my beau and I are into photography as a hobby. some of our bonding activities include photo sessions (of whatever kind! ;D) and learning the craft together. he sports a canon, i use nikon. :D

some of my shots (others have watermarks with my name na kasi)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/purply_hazy/lesbos.jpg

lesbo action by the bay (can I join?)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/purply_hazy/sunset.jpg

watching and shooting it together

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/purply_hazy/windowlola.jpg

caught this one while at work

lots more to learn and while we get to it, we'll just be clicking away.

hi to everyone!

Mga sirs, magkano po ba ang latest price ng Canon EOS 400D with kit lens?

tried backreading pero not available 'yung info.

THANKS IN ADVANCE, GUYS :)

I use a canon EOS 400D, i bought (actually my relative bought it for me) mine last late January yata, 33,500 siya sa Henry's... mukhang makukuha pa siya ng masmababa, di pa lang polished ang haggling skills nung bumili! hehehehe

try mo 450D or 40D, out na yata pareho yun... pero ok na din ang 400D, sabi nga nila lagi, "Its not the camera, its the photographer..."

good luck!