Magic The Gathering!

bocha

guys,cno may alam sa inyo nung cadaverous bloom na deck?ano mga card consist non?effective b yung deck n yon?

2 Drain Life

4 Impulse

3 Infernal Contract

3 Mana Leak

3 Meditate

1 Mystical Tutor

4 Natural Balance

4 Prosperity

1 Vampiric Tutor

Enchantments

3 Cadaverous Bloom

4 Squandered Resources

Lands

3 City of Brass

6 Forest

4 Gemstone Mine

4 Island

1 Reflecting Pool

6 Swamp

4 Undiscovered Paradise

mukhang vintage legal na uli to... dati kc na R1 and squandered. mdyo na sya gnun klakas ngyn dahil sa cards like cranial extraction... pro on the otherhand pwede ka na gmamit ng tendrils instead of drain life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

guys,cno may alam sa inyo nung cadaverous bloom na deck?ano mga card consist non?effective b yung deck n yon?

Heres the deck of Mike Long which won the 1997 Pro Tour Paris

SPELLS

4 cadaverous bloom

1 drain life

1 elven cache

1 emerald charm

4 impulse

4 infernal contract

2 memory lapse

4 natural balance

1 power sink

4 prosperity

4 squandered resources

1 three wishes

4 vampiric tutor

LANDS

3 bad river

4 undiscovered paradise

7 forest

5 island

6 swamp

SIDEBOARD

3 city of solitude

4 elephant grass

1 elven cache

3 emerald charm

1 memory lapse

1 power sink

2 wall of roots

i played a version of this using prosperity, cada-bloom and storm seeker or drain life as the killer card (was just blue-green-splash black...)

basically, use prosperity to draw, cada-bloom to fuel prosperity, make your opponenet draw too with prosperity, then when he has 40 cards in hand, hit him with a storm seeker or two....

my version has the usual counterspells (power sink, counterspell, memory lapse, arcane denial, force of will), mana short (to tap opponent out) and stasis (for a lockdown)... try using winter orbs too... im not too particular about the actual deck components eh... it also had elves for initial mana boost, and hurricanes, just in case... and of course, boomerangs and capsize in case stasis starts to hurt you

mine didnt have squandered resources, and is a bit single minded in terms of killing off opponent, no strategy necessary, just counter anything you cant handle, when you can prosperity for 10 and you have cadabloom in play, set off the combo, tap out the opponent, sac cards for mana, fuelling properity to draw another prosperity to sac cards to the bloom, to fuel prosperity... and so on... and when u draw storm seeker or drain life... boom

was very flexible in terms of cards, in case you dont have enough counterspells, put in terrors or dark bans to deal with creatures, and save the counterspells for cheese and really annoying enchantments/artifacts... i remember having pernicious deed in one incarnation of the deck just as a reset button too

win percentage was good actually... i miss this deck... together with my statis deck, it was one of the few instances i actually used blue

Edited by marc.alan

Yes prosper/bloom did rule during its time. But sadly it has lost its meta in the current environment. Theres too much disruption to deal by way of cards like e.g. cranial extraction + boseiju.

Theres no way it would ever top the current vintage environment. But you might find some use for it in the Legacy format. Especially now that there are Legacy tournaments being cooked up. Though Im not really sure if it can run along with the other Legacy decks (High Tide, Vial Gobs, Survival decks and Standstill).

But it was sure fun to play though.... :D

Yes prosper/bloom did rule during its time. But sadly it has lost its meta in the current environment. Theres too much disruption to deal by way of cards like e.g. cranial extraction + boseiju.

Theres no way it would ever top the current vintage environment. But you might find some use for it in the Legacy format. Especially now that there are Legacy tournaments being cooked up. Though Im not really sure if it can run along with the other Legacy decks (High Tide, Vial Gobs, Survival decks and Standstill).

But it was sure fun to play though.... :D

yup yup!! fun to play!! especially pag di familiar ang kalaban mo sa deck na to... sobrang magtataka sya kung bakit mo sya pinapabunot ng sobrang daming cards with properity... tapos, iiyak na lang sya sa storm seeker dahil 40 cards ang hawak nya... hehehehehe... i used to play competitively sa standard pero naging expensive na ang pagiging current sa mga decks eh, kaya ngayon i play for fun na lang.. im looking to rebuild my theme-fun decks nga eh

anyone suggest a good type 2 white weenie deck?

not sure if there is a "good type 2 weenie deck" now that jitte is gone. mono color decks have always been limited to what their color offers. playing 2 colors offers flexibility, especially now that there are a lot of cards would work well with each other.

but if you really want a weenie deck... theres still white and green. white offers more control because of wrath of god, condemn, faiths fetters, etc.... mix in low casting cost creatures like jotun grunt, serra avenger, savannah lions etc... and you still have glorious anthem to beef up your creatures....

too bad were saying goodbye to jitte!!

guys alam nyo ba kung magkano na ngyon yung Serra Angel, yung luma na sya i don't know kung anong expansion yun eh nakalimutan ko na. pero white border.

serra angel is one of the few classic cards which enjoy contiued use and high pricesbecause of its effectivity and almost all white decks make use of it... it was printed from alpha pa... sa 5th and 6th edition lang sya di nareprint

merong beta, revised,4th edition, 8th ed and the lates is 9th edition. not really sure d kc sya msydong gmitin e. cguro around 100-150!?!

actually dude, it one of the most used highly desirable cards out there... kung may makita ka na 150 its a bargain!!! ive seen them go as highas 600 each for a pristine condition serra angel... generally speaking the older the version, the more expensive it is

but from most shops, selling price averages 200-350 pesos

actually dude, it one of the most used highly desirable cards out there... kung may makita ka na 150 its a bargain!!! ive seen them go as highas 600 each for a pristine condition serra angel... generally speaking the older the version, the more expensive it is

but from most shops, selling price averages 200-350 pesos

it used to be....it doesnt fit in the current meta! havent seen it used in vintage, legacy, extended or even when it was reprinted in 9th ed.... the only reason that people buy this card in 9th ed is because of its foil version and its cool artwork...

so if your really willing to pay 300 bucks for this then i could certainly fix you some...