New Jersey Nets

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I said a couple of months earlier that the Nets could be the 4th seed in the playoffs. They are now the 4th seed in the playoffs. I think the Bulls will take them out of their game with their physical defense. Tibs is the absolute wizard when it comes to NBA defenses. I'm not exactly sure if Rose will come back for the playoffs but if he does, Williams will have to work harder since he will be tasked to guard both Rose and Robinson. The Bulls owned the Nets in the regular season but the playoffs is on a different level. The Nets have an explosive back court and a good center in Lopez but I think the Bulls size and physicality will overwhelm the Nets.

Rose wont return this season Imho.....

Playoffs is a whole different beast... slow down pace... more physical... more defense...

Rose was already cleared by his doctors months ago.... its all about his mental.... cant blame him. its his first major injury.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The Ks are invading the Brooklyn area. KD and KI are now with the Nets based on what I read in articles. This combo could either be devastating or bust. KI was successful in Cleveland because the Cavs were iso-centric which played to the strengths of Irving and Lechoke. In OKC, Billy Donovan had a similar system with Durant and Westbrook but they were not successful. In GS, Durant shared the ball with the sweetest shooting guard combo and history and established a mini-dynasty out west. Can Durant take the diva attitude of Irving?

• Like (+1) 1

The Ks are invading the Brooklyn area. KD and KI are now with the Nets based on what I read in articles. This combo could either be devastating or bust. KI was successful in Cleveland because the Cavs were iso-centric which played to the strengths of Irving and Lechoke. In OKC, Billy Donovan had a similar system with Durant and Westbrook but they were not successful. In GS, Durant shared the ball with the sweetest shooting guard combo and history and established a mini-dynasty out west. Can Durant take the diva attitude of Irving?

good recruiting job by the brooklyn front office. let's see how it goes chief. will this be KD's team? or will it be KI's? oh...the nets also got de andre.

i think this will be KDs team, chief. Kyrie should just shut his diva attitude.

i think so, too chief...but will he accept being 2nd fiddle to KD at brooklyn? he had his chance at boston. by the way was it KI who made the sales pitch to KD to transfer to the nets or was it the other way around?

i think so, too chief...but will he accept being 2nd fiddle to KD at brooklyn? he had his chance at boston. by the way was it KI who made the sales pitch to KD to transfer to the nets or was it the other way around?

I think so, chief. Kyrie is a diva who just doesn't have the leadership gene and this was proven in Boston. Kyrie is undoubtedly talented. He is just not a franchise player.

It's not just the diva attitude of Kyrie. Will KD be himself if he returns from his injury? This is a huge gamble. We all know Kyrie can't carry a team. He needs a Batman.

It's not just the diva attitude of Kyrie. Will KD be himself if he returns from his injury? This is a huge gamble. We all know Kyrie can't carry a team. He needs a Batman.

Yes, Kyrie needs a Batman to win. The Nets are, indeed, having a leap of faith with Durant. Kyrie couldn't carry Cleveland and he absolutely can't carry Boston. He tried but he failed. He is still the best shotmaker in the NBA, in my opinion, those facts notwithstanding. Edited by will robie

Yes, Kyrie needs a Batman to win. The Nets are, indeed, having a leap of faith with Durant. Kyrie couldn't carry Cleveland and he absolutely can't carry Boston. He tried but he failed. He is still the best shotmaker in the NBA, in my opinion, those facts notwithstanding.

It's kinda ironic that Kyrie left Cavs to be "The Man" but moved to the Nets with KD. :lol: :lol: :lol: Well if KD comes back not as good as pre-injury state perhaps Kyrie can still be the main guy and KD supporting him.

• 8 months later...