Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

hey a modeling thread :) i'm new here guys and i'm a newbie also in building scale models. i'm currently building Academy's 1/72 F/A-18C Hornet. right now i'm doing the panel lines. i just hope it turns out realistic.

Hey great! I'm glad you found the thread. Hope to see your models posted here!

hi doc! i saw your hobby room. jeez i shrunk when i saw it. you've got lots of stuff to build whew! my stash doesn't even come close. here's mine

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q200/reyanipan/stash.jpg

Unfortunately, what are in my hobby room is not all of it, I already tried to put my aircraft stuff but I still haven't enough room. I know I will live to be 150 years old since it may take me that long to finish building most of it. You've got some nice stuff there! Hope we can see some of your builds.

Edited by Dr_PepPeR

Hey that's nice! It looks like it's coming along really well. If Herr Boelcke can visit us from his other thread, he can give useful comments as he does beautiful work in 1/72 scale. So now 'fess up, while it may only be your second in 1/72 scale, what did you use to build before?

Edited by Dr_PepPeR

I knew by the neatness of the build that it wasn't your first or second model. I agree with you about the buildability and inexpensiveness of 1/72 kits, but my eyes are old and my hands are not that steady anymore. Did you ever try to mask a 1/72 Bf-109 canopy? That was the most frustrating thing I ever tried.

Hey that's nice! It looks like it's coming along really well. If Herr Boelcke can visit us from his other thread, he can give useful comments as he does beautiful work in 1/72 scale. So now 'fess up, while it may only be your second in 1/72 scale, what did you use to build before?

Hahaha! I seem to get stuck in those other threads. Well, its MTC after all.

:thumbsupsmiley:

Welcome aboard, Bugoy!

DocPepper is right. That looks like a neat build. And doesnt look like a first attempt. In fact, it doesnt look like a second attempt. Youre doing great!

I havent much to say about the weathering on the panel lines. Looks really subtle enough. Id suggest you try to make the weathering less uniform though. Uneven weathering makes the model a tad bit more realistic.

Still, very impressive progress youre making.

:cool:

thanks for the comments and advice! especially on the weathering part. it's one skill i'm still not used to. i'll post some more photos as i make progress. i'm now doing the bombs and fuel tanks. :)

We're looking forward to it! BTW did you paint the canopy black or is it just the lighting?

hi doc! i haven't installed the canopy yet. i think that's where the HUD is located? good thing you mentioned it. i totally forgot to install the clear part for the HUD. :ohmy: thanks doc!!

Sorry, it must be my eyes. I couldn't see any detail in the area (including the HUD and the ejection seat so I thought the canopy was painted black. Hope to see more pics sir!

I used to do airplanes before... 1/48 scale. But have no time anymore. But I really do plan to start again soon. I just need to know where I can find Hasegawa airplane model kits. They're my favorite maker. Hope someone from the group could help me with this. :D

I used to do airplanes before... 1/48 scale. But have no time anymore. But I really do plan to start again soon. I just need to know where I can find Hasegawa airplane model kits. They're my favorite maker. Hope someone from the group could help me with this. :D

Hasegawa model kits are available in Lil's Hobby Shop in Park Square 1 (also in Megamall and I heard they opened a breanch in Trinoma) and in JMN in Harrison Plaza. There are a few Hasegawa kits in Special Toys.

What specific kits are you interested in? WWII? Vietnam War or Korean War era? or modern planes? Hope you can share your works here.

Hasegawa model kits are available in Lil's Hobby Shop in Park Square 1 (also in Megamall and I heard they opened a breanch in Trinoma) and in JMN in Harrison Plaza. There are a few Hasegawa kits in Special Toys.

What specific kits are you interested in? WWII? Vietnam War or Korean War era? or modern planes? Hope you can share your works here.

You could also try Roel's store, Hobbies and Comics in Makati Cinema Square, he usually has old Hasegawa 1/48 kits on sale for consignment there.

I ran out of space. Looks like the wings will have to be put back in various parts of the house.

post-89110-1243038051.jpg

post-89110-1243038128.jpg

post-89110-1243038170.jpg

Im quite certain you have far more models than that consigned to Roel's Market Market store.

Btw, Roel also maintains a store in Makati Cinema Square. There are more models there.

Im quite certain you have far more models than that consigned to Roel's Market Market store.

Btw, Roel also maintains a store in Makati Cinema Square. There are more models there.

Herr Boelcke,

Yup, Dr P definitely has more stocks than Roel's Market Market store. I recently passed by his MCS store, and I think Doc can tie Roel's MCS stocks! hahaha

You guys can make fun of me all you want, but I will outlive all of you, because it will take me at least 60 more years to finish building all those kits (and counting).

Sorry about that, Doc, but I was laughing at the fact that Roel's model kit stocks have been dwindling down, and his gaming area increasing over the years. I haven't seen new stocks in his store recently, which is surprising since Natalie's stocks are impressive and up to date. Also, I noticed that the works in progress in his modelling area at the back of the store haven't changed. Has he lost interest in model kits? Someone mentioned before that he's into fishing.

Sorry about that, Doc, but I was laughing at the fact that Roel's model kit stocks have been dwindling down, and his gaming area increasing over the years. I haven't seen new stocks in his store recently, which is surprising since Natalie's stocks are impressive and up to date. Also, I noticed that the works in progress in his modelling area at the back of the store haven't changed. Has he lost interest in model kits? Someone mentioned before that he's into fishing.

I was just making light of the fact that I have more kits than I can hope to finish. My wife claims that I even have more kits than Lil's Parksquare store as there are still hundreds of kits stashed elsewhere in the house. Roel has lost his interest in building kits. I used to drop by Hobbies and Comics to talk modeling with Roel and whoever modeler was around. But the last few times I was there Roel was talking about fishing so I just rolled my eyes and waited for an excuse to get out of there quickly. Natilie's place is great in terms of hard to find items like Alclad II and Tenax. But I can't talk shop with her or any of their staff.

Sir, it might help if you share the model and kit # so if we have any of those we can share the manual with you :D

Sir, if you would be so kind as to check if anyone has copies of the instruction sheets to Tamiya's T-72 and Leopard 2, I would be most obliged. However, if anyone can direct me to the URL of a modeller's site that has instructions of kits posted online, that would be fine.

Sir, if you would be so kind as to check if anyone has copies of the instruction sheets to Tamiya's T-72 and Leopard 2, I would be most obliged. However, if anyone can direct me to the URL of a modeller's site that has instructions of kits posted online, that would be fine.

Ok sir, Ill try asking around. I take it you are referring to the Tamiya A6 Leopard?

I have been looking for the website that had instruction sheets from kits online. I went back to Tony Matteliano's Scale Model Index, a site I explored about five years ago because this was where I found the website:

http://www.scalemodelindex.com/

Now I can't find it anymore and I suspect it was taken down due to possible copyright infringement issues. Anyway, this led me to another thought. I know there are two modeling clubs locally, the IPMS BAC and the IPMS Philippines. I have been invited to both and I try to go to the comps of both. For me, building models is a private thing, I build for myself and I can get angry or be happy at the way my builds turn up. But now that I need copies of the instruction sheets, I was wondering if maybe it would really be a good idea to join the formal modeling community. It has its pros and cons, especially now that we have two local clubs to choose from. So now, I'd like to get your opinions. Would you recommend me joining a model club. And if yes, which one?