Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

My two cents for the aspiring modellers out there... one book will really help, it's entitled "How to Build

Dioramas" by Shepherd Paine.

Used to have this book years ago when I had the time and space (in my room). I lent it to a friend of mine, but he never returned it. Grrrr

Should set you back around 1-1.5k and you should be able to get a copy at Lil's Hobby Center in Glorietta or at Hobbies and Comics at Makati Cinema Square. Good luck you guys. :)

Edited by Aramis742
I'm building --- character! :D

Seriously, I'll probably work on the spray booth. Just need to get the right lights for it.

Don't we already have character? My hobby room is finished, but it was too late to set up an exhaust fan. Now my wife wants to make it into storage space for our other stuff - in other words a bodega sheeshh.

I was into scale models when I was a kid. I've always wanted to get back into it, but just can't find the time with all my other hobbies.

This is quite common. I came back into the hobby because I needed to work with my hands as a form of stress management. You should give it a try if you can find the time. At least now buying kits and supplies is a lot easier than when I was a kid.

Sure Master Dyno, you supply the models, I will supply the bodypaint.

hehehe thats what i call same hobbies flock together?

maybe we could exchange notes one of this days?

anyways i would like my sons to start on this type of hobby. any suggestions?

thanks!

cheers!

hehehe thats what i call same hobbies flock together?

maybe we could exchange notes one of this days?

anyways i would like my sons to start on this type of hobby. any suggestions?

thanks!

cheers!

Sure, why don't you share some of your contacts, er I mean notes Master. Perhaps when you're not too busy with your other ehem activities. Why not start your sons with Gundam snaptite kits? Or maybe even those old 1/72 Academy airplane kits, usually less than P200.

that's a true blood Hobbyist... ang daming collections...

i also had an uncle, who's into fighter planes... he is also an enthusiast, he even builds model for his friends... for i know his frequent in Harrison Plaza... and his one of the die hard hobbyist that i know of... well as for me, i plan for a RX-veilside or the 1/350 yamato... coz i don't have the freedom of a own room...

that's a true blood Hobbyist... ang daming collections...

i also had an uncle, who's into fighter planes... he is also an enthusiast, he even builds model for his friends... for i know his frequent in Harrison Plaza... and his one of the die hard hobbyist that i know of... well as for me, i plan for a RX-veilside or the 1/350 yamato... coz i don't have the freedom of a own room...

Whoa! I thought that was a branch of some hobby store!! Nice collection you got sir :cool:

Unfortunately, that's exactly what I am - a collector. I had hoped to be a kit builder but that doesn't seem to be working out.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what I am - a collector. I had hoped to be a kit builder but that doesn't seem to be working out.

Wow Doc! Looks like we know what you'll be doing if and when you retire from your day job. That's enough for half a lifetime of building! Another room of that will keep you buzy until the next century. :D

yan si doc.

he really takes care of all his models!

can we also see yung iba pang models! hehehe!

cheers!

But your models are much more interesting Master Dyno, mine are just too plastic! On a serious note, I saw the new Academy Merkava IV and K1A1 as well as the Hobby Boss AATVs at Natalie's shop. Really expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

If you guys are interested in learning how to build scale models I recommend that you go to www.ipmsmanila.com.

From my experience, the members of this club are patient and will really help you learn how to build. They are also the officially recognized IPMS club in the Philippines (check out www.ipmsusa.org for more info). Highly Recommended. :)

I need some help guys. Three of my old unbuilt Tamiya kits were damaged due to a leak in the closet. The instructions were ruined and I had to throw them away. Now I know that real modellers don't need instruction sheets, but I'm just an assembler. There used to be modelling website that stored scans of instruction sheets, but I lost the URL when my hard drive crashed. Can anyone direct me to the website?

Edited by Dr_PepPeR
I need some help guys. Three of my old unbuilt Tamiya kits were damaged due to a leak in the closet. The instructions were ruined and I had to throw them away. Now I know that real modellers don't need instruction sheets, but I'm just an assembler. There used to be modelling website that stored scans of instruction sheets, but I lost the URL when my hard drive crashed. Can anyone direct me to the website?

Sir, it might help if you share the model and kit # so if we have any of those we can share the manual with you :D

Sir, it might help if you share the model and kit # so if we have any of those we can share the manual with you :D

Thank you for the reply sir, I will check tonight to make sure, but I think the kits are 1/35 Tamiya Jagdpanther, T-72 and the Panther G Steel Wheel version. As for the kit number, I had to throw away the boxes together with the instructions as they all turned into one big gooey mush.