Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

I'm sorry for posting a rather late reply regarding this topic, but I just wanted to share something lang. I have used both 'Future' and the local 'Wipe and Shine', and except for the initial milkiness of WnS, parang Future na nga - even smeels great too. What I would like to share though is that, even if both leave a gloss coat, should you want to make the finish matte, you can do so by adding Tamiya's Flat Base. You can read about this sa other websites on Future and modelling. I experimented at the start na trial and error and proportions ng Future/WnS with the Flat Base so be careful sa too much ng flat base or your kit will end up as if it had a winter camo pattern (powdery white overcoat). Luckilly, this may be remedied by overcoating with a better proportioned mix. FYI

Ayuuunn!! white and shine pala sha locally!!

hmm! i'll pay a visit to the nearest Ace Hardware soon! :thumbsupsmiley:

thanks dude!

Ayuuunn!! white and shine pala sha locally!!

hmm! i'll pay a visit to the nearest Ace Hardware soon! :thumbsupsmiley:

thanks dude!

Wipe and Shine is also available in supermarkets and groceries.

hey, just dropping by to see tips and your works :)

We'd like to see your works too.

Hi! :cool:

Could I join the group? I'm into building 1/24 scale model japanese cars and Zoids.

Anybody here is also into building these models? I previously accomplished building

the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V Rally WRC (The one driven by Tommy Makinen),

a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Street Version, a Liger Zero Phoenix (NJR), and an

Energy Liger (NJR).

I'm hoping that I can enter these models in a competetion. Anybody here knows where

I can join?

Maybe one of the guys from IPMS BAC or IPMS Philippines can answer whether there is a category for cars. I don't see why not.

pare galing galing...pero bat nasa centennial na yong cebu pacific? hehehe.

doc pepper...

tagal ko na di nagpost dito ah...

Anyway welcome back. Hopefully we can see what you did with some of your ships. Haven't been able to do any modeling lately but I'll surely have something done for April 5 - 9, a real long weekend.

Dude! i tried the Wipe n Shine on the canopy of my A-10 Thunderbolt 1/144 scale. And its SHINY and Fine

I've used it on 1/72 and 1/48 canopies with no problems. What I'd like to know is whether it can be used as a gloss coat (airbrushed or handbrushed) or as a flat coat (mixed with Tamiya Flat Base0.

I've used it on 1/72 and 1/48 canopies with no problems. What I'd like to know is whether it can be used as a gloss coat (airbrushed or handbrushed) or as a flat coat (mixed with Tamiya Flat Base0.

I've tried future as a gloss coat after putting the decals - hand painted with a 1/4 inch wide brush. The stuff evened itself over the kit's surface and when it dried it was very even. The finish was better than the few times I tried airbrushing an acrylic clear coat. It's been more than 5 years, and the model's finish is still ok, and the decals haven't yellowed. I'd expect that wipe n' shine would work the same.

Haven't tried mixing future with an acrylic flat base yet.

I've tried future as a gloss coat after putting the decals - hand painted with a 1/4 inch wide brush. The stuff evened itself over the kit's surface and when it dried it was very even. The finish was better than the few times I tried airbrushing an acrylic clear coat. It's been more than 5 years, and the model's finish is still ok, and the decals haven't yellowed. I'd expect that wipe n' shine would work the same.

I heard that Future is indeed better applied with a wide brush. My friend swears he gets the best results while using those wide round brushes the girls use to apply foundation with. Of course his wife doesn't speak to him anymore. Comparing future with wipe and shine however, future looks thicker, more viscous than wipe and shine, which is why I'm wondering whether wipe and shine will also self-level the way future does.

Nice! That's great! :cool: Please do post your completed car kits. Thanks! :thumbsupsmiley:

Uhm the only car kits I have are unbuilt 1/35 scale military cars, like a 1940's VW, Steyr, Protze, Horch etc. but they are still unbuilt. Got a bad case of tamaditis this weekend so didn't bother setting up outdoors for pics of my AFVs. Surely during Holy Week something will get done.....

I haven't airbrushed future as of yet, though I have brushed it to refresh the finish of my Rayban Wayfarers to a glossy 'good as new' finish. As for a matte coat, I mixed it with Tamiya Flat Base for a dull coat on a 1/72 Fokker Dr.1 Triplane. Ang ganda nasta do not put too much or you end up with a whitish finish. Repairable by adding more Future to your mix.

I haven't airbrushed future as of yet, though I have brushed it to refresh the finish of my Rayban Wayfarers to a glossy 'good as new' finish. As for a matte coat, I mixed it with Tamiya Flat Base for a dull coat on a 1/72 Fokker Dr.1 Triplane. Ang ganda nasta do not put too much or you end up with a whitish finish. Repairable by adding more Future to your mix.

Let me know when you try brushing Wipe and Shine. I'd really like to know if Wipe and Shine has the same qualities as Future despite its milky color and thinner viscosity.

Run an errand this morning at the Ayala area... passed by Glorietta... and was again, by an invisible force, invariably sucked into Lil's. Saw three kits which I've long been searching for and without batting an eyelash, shelled out more than two-thousand bucks for the following kits:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/blackonyx97/ha02822.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/blackonyx97/s3bt.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/blackonyx97/ehobbies-com_1943_79913989.jpg

Another three kits to add to my already growing stockpile of unbuilt kits... *sigh* somebody get me professional help... am a plastic addict!!! :boo:

Run an errand this morning at the Ayala area... passed by Glorietta... and was again, by an invisible force, invariably sucked into Lil's. Saw three kits which I've long been searching for and without batting an eyelash, shelled out more than two-thousand bucks for the following kits:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/blackonyx97/ha02822.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/blackonyx97/s3bt.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/blackonyx97/ehobbies-com_1943_79913989.jpg

Another three kits to add to my already growing stockpile of unbuilt kits... *sigh* somebody get me professional help... am a plastic addict!!! :boo:

I'm not green with envy, despite these being Hasegawa kits. They're in braille scale and they fly. My eyseight and hand coordination no longer permit me to work comfortably in 1/72. I go to Lils just to fondle the latest premium editions of Dragon/DML in 1/35 scale, not to mention Trumpeter's Chinook in 1/35. First quarter bonus time is almost here and most of it will jack up Lil's gross sales.

Hey Doc... not a big aircraft fan, eh? I take it you're a "bakal-boy" then?;)

Anyway, thanks for keeping an eye out for a "MiG Killer." I was fortunate enough to source one locally from a fellow modeller (after more than a month of prodding and haggling). The price ain't pretty so I'd rather forget about that aspect though. Funny thing about getting the kits that I want, I seem to experience a lot of reservations on putting it together (botching up the job and everything else) so it always ends up inside a cabinet collecting dust... unbuilt... ready to be buried by yet another purchase... *sigh* so many kits, so little time... :)

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/blackonyx97/F4CD.jpg

Dude! i tried the Wipe n Shine on the canopy of my A-10 Thunderbolt 1/144 scale. And its SHINY and Fine

I too have also been a long-time user of this stuff, brushing it directly on the model before applying decals to avoid silvering. Although milky in appearance, it dries clear and evenly... highly recommended! :)

Hey Doc... not a big aircraft fan, eh? I take it you're a "bakal-boy" then?;)

Anyway, thanks for keeping an eye out for a "MiG Killer." I was fortunate enough to source one locally from a fellow modeller (after more than a month of prodding and haggling). The price ain't pretty so I'd rather forget about that aspect though. Funny thing about getting the kits that I want, I seem to experience a lot of reservations on putting it together (botching up the job and everything else) so it always ends up inside a cabinet collecting dust... unbuilt... ready to be buried by yet another purchase... *sigh* so many kits, so little time... :)

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/blackonyx97/F4CD.jpg

I hear you on the cabinet stuffing of the kits yiur really want to build. I also put them away to complete when I'm confident about my modeling skills. As if that will ever happen! So even my aftermarket decals and expensive resin cockpits and sets get confined to the dungeons.

I'm a big aircraft fan sir, but the operative word is BIG. It's gotta be at least 1/48th scale for me to enjoy building it. I still wake up in a cold sweat and throw up whenever I remember my attempts to mask a 1/72 Bf 109 canopy. Ohhh the pain, the pain!