Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

Hello. Member of neither. Ashamed of my skills (more on lack of it).

ok doc, i'm thinking member na kayo. i'm member nang IPMS-BAC (bert anido chapter), don't ashemed of your work doc, same here also, still beginner, they open sa mga beginner modeller, they teach you want you dont know sa modelling pala ma enchance yung skill mo sa modelling :) . sya nga pala we have am exhibit this coming November 26 to 30, sa Atrium, SM MegaMall, Bldg. A. this is open to anybody who in scale modelling, pwede nyo i-display yung work nyo sa exhibit walang bayad, just get your entry form sa Lil's Hobby Center, SM Megamall, JMN at the Harison Plaza, Hobbies and Comics, Makati Cinema Square, Lil's Futaba, Park Square 1, Makati, Wonder Toys, Festival Supermall, Alabang or visit our website http://ipmsphilippines.com for more detials :thumbsupsmiley: .

Hey Doc!

For the longest time I thought you were into aircraft and warship modelling! Just backread and saw that youre into WW2 1/35 armour. Also, by the looks of your "stash" you've got quite an inventory!

I think my stash is a fraction of yours, mostly German armor and DML WW2 figures. Have ordered thru HLJ some Gunze kits (Figures by Yoshitaka Hirano), a few Scale Modelling Club, Warriors and a few Tristar Germans. Too bad I had to leave my stuff at my parents' house because when I transferred to our new house (which is soooo little) I simply had no place to store and make models! :grr:

Also, the wife made me choose! :cry: I just envy your stash, lalo nat ang daming bago from DML, Trumpeter, AFV Club, Tristar and Academy! So many models so much non existing space in my house! :lol:

Hope the other members here would post their pics of their models wether completed or WIP. It would be a nice venue to give constructive criticism or just be amazed at the member's talent!

Hey Doc!

For the longest time I thought you were into aircraft and warship modelling! Just backread and saw that youre into WW2 1/35 armour. Also, by the looks of your "stash" you've got quite an inventory!

I think my stash is a fraction of yours, mostly German armor and DML WW2 figures. Have ordered thru HLJ some Gunze kits (Figures by Yoshitaka Hirano), a few Scale Modelling Club, Warriors and a few Tristar Germans. Too bad I had to leave my stuff at my parents' house because when I transferred to our new house (which is soooo little) I simply had no place to store and make models! :grr:

Also, the wife made me choose! :cry: I just envy your stash, lalo nat ang daming bago from DML, Trumpeter, AFV Club, Tristar and Academy! So many models so much non existing space in my house! :lol:

Hope the other members here would post their pics of their models wether completed or WIP. It would be a nice venue to give constructive criticism or just be amazed at the member's talent!

Wait 'til you have kids! My Starwars models were all destroyed in a week! :D Good thing I haven't started on the Finemolds kits yet!

ok doc, i'm thinking member na kayo. i'm member nang IPMS-BAC (bert anido chapter), don't ashemed of your work doc, same here also, still beginner, they open sa mga beginner modeller, they teach you want you dont know sa modelling pala ma enchance yung skill mo sa modelling :) . sya nga pala we have am exhibit this coming November 26 to 30, sa Atrium, SM MegaMall, Bldg. A. this is open to anybody who in scale modelling, pwede nyo i-display yung work nyo sa exhibit walang bayad, just get your entry form sa Lil's Hobby Center, SM Megamall, JMN at the Harison Plaza, Hobbies and Comics, Makati Cinema Square, Lil's Futaba, Park Square 1, Makati, Wonder Toys, Festival Supermall, Alabang or visit our website http://ipmsphilippines.com for more detials :thumbsupsmiley: .

I've been thinking of joining for the past five years. I know a few in both clubs. I'm just too anti-social I think. In fact some of my modeling friends have suggested I start my own club. I just think they want to get their paws on my stash.

Hey Doc!

Hello sir! I've always wondered whether you were into scale modeling. The LAH thing, you know. I have to confess that the pix are just 1/5th of my stash. Its quite a mix of 1/35 armor, both modern and WW2, figures, helicopters, 1/32 1/48 and 1/72 aircraft. I don't keep a database so sometimes I've managed to buy duplicate kits. You seem to have the high end stuff with the Gunze kits, Warriors and Tristar. Hard to find that here and very expensive to boot. Hope you managed to get some Finemolds figures too. Hmmm, did you have a hard time deciding when you wife asked you to choose. My wife knows better, she knows what I would choose.

Hi Doc!

Hehe, did I have a hard time deciding? hehe! :wacko: just got married, will be our 2nd anniversay this December. Modelling has been with me since I was 13 in 1988 so I said to myself I could always get back to her (modelling, hehe)! :D

Most of my Tamiya armour I gave it away to my nephews, my Tiger I (from mid, early, initial, late-steel wheel and the Otto Carius version), M4 105mm howitzer, Sdkfz 252 series and my old Tamiya M3 half track! I also gave away my DML Panther As Tiger VI Porsche Turrets to them. As far as I remember, the stash I left at my parents' house where the figure kits and the paints , weathering tools and pastels!

Hope more of us here could post some of their works. THat would be great and might inspire some of us to build again or build their mint condition kits! :lol:

regards!

Hi Doc!

Hehe, did I have a hard time deciding? hehe! :wacko: just got married, will be our 2nd anniversay this December. Modelling has been with me since I was 13 in 1988 so I said to myself I could always get back to her (modelling, hehe)! :D

Most of my Tamiya armour I gave it away to my nephews, my Tiger I (from mid, early, initial, late-steel wheel and the Otto Carius version), M4 105mm howitzer, Sdkfz 252 series and my old Tamiya M3 half track! I also gave away my DML Panther As Tiger VI Porsche Turrets to them. As far as I remember, the stash I left at my parents' house where the figure kits and the paints , weathering tools and pastels!

Hope more of us here could post some of their works. THat would be great and might inspire some of us to build again or build their mint condition kits! :lol:

regards!

Well, my wife supports my hobby enthusiastically nowadays. It keeps me at home most of the time. Like many others I started to build at around 8 years old and then stopped sometime in high school when other interests beckoned. I only started to really seriously go back to the hobby in 1997. So my stash is the result of 10 years of buying more than I could actually build. I just can't seem to give any of my kits away, it's like parting with children. I'm sick, really sick.

Well, my wife supports my hobby enthusiastically nowadays. It keeps me at home most of the time. Like many others I started to build at around 8 years old and then stopped sometime in high school when other interests beckoned. I only started to really seriously go back to the hobby in 1997. So my stash is the result of 10 years of buying more than I could actually build. I just can't seem to give any of my kits away, it's like parting with children. I'm sick, really sick.

that's was usually happens, we keep buying model kit, then after we bought the kit we just stored in "our warehouse" still full of unbuilt model kit :D

A boat? :P

What scale is that? Looks big!

sorry doc, not that close :D. i started when i was in 4th yr. high school. i was stop when i enter in college, totally stop. i only return in scale modelling when i already have a family. like u said, my wife also supported my hobby. :D

You're lucky then. My wife says my hobby is actually collecting unbuilt kits.

Edited by Dr_PepPeR

Wow Doc! 800+ kits, that is really a big collection! :blink:

I envy you, your wife supports you with your hobby, mine thinks that modelling is a waste of time. Even my sister refers to my models as "Puzzle Toys"! hehehe, spoil sports. Also, you seem to have a diversified collection. I dont know but I cant seem to leave the WW2 1/35 stuff. Oh, once had a 1/48 Mi HIND by Revell or Monogram (cant remember) and my cousin threw it out the window thought it could fly! Poor Hind! :cry:

Hey Phorzhen.Khold, that is a pretty Yamato you have there. Is that 1/350 scale? I like the way the wooden deck ids replicated. Nice touch! :cool:

Hey duffbeer, are you into 1/35 armour also? It seems you too got into the buying thing but never really got a chance to build! Sometimes I waste too much time looking a the kit's box art and endless browsing of the manual! :( poor me!

regards to you all!

Wow Doc! 800+ kits, that is really a big collection! :blink:

I envy you, your wife supports you with your hobby, mine thinks that modelling is a waste of time. Even my sister refers to my models as "Puzzle Toys"! hehehe, spoil sports. Also, you seem to have a diversified collection. I dont know but I cant seem to leave the WW2 1/35 stuff. Oh, once had a 1/48 Mi HIND by Revell or Monogram (cant remember) and my cousin threw it out the window thought it could fly! Poor Hind! :cry:

Hey Phorzhen.Khold, that is a pretty Yamato you have there. Is that 1/350 scale? I like the way the wooden deck ids replicated. Nice touch! :cool:

Hey duffbeer, are you into 1/35 armour also? It seems you too got into the buying thing but never really got a chance to build! Sometimes I waste too much time looking a the kit's box art and endless browsing of the manual! :( poor me!

regards to you all!

hello Leibstandarte, yeah i'm into 1/35 armour, mostly my stash are armor, but i have also some gundam, cars, plane, heli. :)

Sabi sa iyo Doc, AMS iyan.

Since a lot of you guys have told your history, allow me to state mine. My Dad bought me my first kit, 1/72 P40 Warhawk by Monogram, way back in 1967 and made it for me. I also recall my mom building a Huey Cobra and this Multi-jetengine tanker(both Aurora) around that time too, so I must have started into the hobby at about 4yrs of age. I was into building them, no paints til most of my elementary schooling. Funds limited me to using elmers glue and watercolor so that I could build and rebuild them. I was partial to airplanes, especially since a teacher of mine, Mr. Joe Abando had brought us to BASA Airbase where I first saw our retired F-5's and touched our aging Sabres. But my Lola got me an SU-100 by MRC-Tamiya in 1977 thus starting me with my armour phase which ended when I graduated HS in 1981. With girls and cars as my major pre-occupation in college, I must have made an avarage of only one kit a year until I graduated from Law School. As a graduation present, I purchased a 1/6 Scale Porsche 911 Turbo (National Bookstore Quad) and thus got my priorities straight. This was further strengthened when I parted ways with my wife, I thus found myself buying kits almost every week. I was then appointed to the Civil Aeronautics Board (Deputy Exec Dir) so being around planes made me an airhead once more.

Tama ka Doc, my real hobby now, according to apparent priority is (1) collecting tools related to scale modelling, (2) collecting paints - acrylic, lacquer, enamel, pastel chalks, even nail polish, (3) collecting partially built kits, (4) collecting unbuilt kits. All of these are under the general mbrella of bitchin' about never finishing anything, yet buying just the same.

And that's why, I resolved that, during this holiday period, I must at least make an attempt to build something. Buti na lang at nakapag-paint ako ng Alclad sa SR-71 variant ko, same with my Starfighter, Tomcat, and Eagle. Hmmm, though none of them are really near completion at least that's something. Maybe tonight I'll look into my stash of Fokker Dr. Is, 1/72 1/48 or 1/28 scale. I just love going to the office in my barong tagalog with hands tinted with paint.

All this is mental.

Doc,

The Bradley you see in the pics is actually in 1/72 scale. :)

Taxi,

Thats the spirit! Get back into the groove! I just had the same sudden motivation last night when I got back into the jet fighter currently gathering dust on my workbench. Didnt go to bed till 2am.

Suggestion ko post progress pics of your project here, so we can all discuss it and maybe we can help one another finish our works. :)

post-64017-1162539281.jpgpost-64017-1162539088.jpg

I checked dannychoo's website out and this is the kind of modeling I want to try my hands on:

http://www.dannychoo.com/images/photo/4970.jpg

You guys should check outthe models being sold at Miniature Park (www.miniature-park.com), they sell a line called Atelier It. Figures are 1/16, 1/6, 1/5 and 1/4. The models looks so lifelike! They even have models for sale that have been painted by the sculptor (Mr. Hiroki Hyashi) himself. Prices go as high up to 75,000 YEN! :(

check out the models! akala mo tutoong tao. Cool!

HAD TO REMOVE ONE OF THE PICS AS IT WAS A BIT BIG AND WAS DISTORTING PAGE DIMENSIONS.

PLEASE RESIZE AND REPOST. THANK YOU.

Edited by Wyld
Sabi sa iyo Doc, AMS iyan.

Since a lot of you guys have told your history, allow me to state mine. My Dad bought me my first kit, 1/72 P40 Warhawk by Monogram, way back in 1967 and made it for me. I also recall my mom building a Huey Cobra and this Multi-jetengine tanker(both Aurora) around that time too, so I must have started into the hobby at about 4yrs of age. I was into building them, no paints til most of my elementary schooling. Funds limited me to using elmers glue and watercolor so that I could build and rebuild them. I was partial to airplanes, especially since a teacher of mine, Mr. Joe Abando had brought us to BASA Airbase where I first saw our retired F-5's and touched our aging Sabres. But my Lola got me an SU-100 by MRC-Tamiya in 1977 thus starting me with my armour phase which ended when I graduated HS in 1981. With girls and cars as my major pre-occupation in college, I must have made an avarage of only one kit a year until I graduated from Law School. As a graduation present, I purchased a 1/6 Scale Porsche 911 Turbo (National Bookstore Quad) and thus got my priorities straight. This was further strengthened when I parted ways with my wife, I thus found myself buying kits almost every week. I was then appointed to the Civil Aeronautics Board (Deputy Exec Dir) so being around planes made me an airhead once more.

Tama ka Doc, my real hobby now, according to apparent priority is (1) collecting tools related to scale modelling, (2) collecting paints - acrylic, lacquer, enamel, pastel chalks, even nail polish, (3) collecting partially built kits, (4) collecting unbuilt kits. All of these are under the general mbrella of bitchin' about never finishing anything, yet buying just the same.

And that's why, I resolved that, during this holiday period, I must at least make an attempt to build something. Buti na lang at nakapag-paint ako ng Alclad sa SR-71 variant ko, same with my Starfighter, Tomcat, and Eagle. Hmmm, though none of them are really near completion at least that's something. Maybe tonight I'll look into my stash of Fokker Dr. Is, 1/72 1/48 or 1/28 scale. I just love going to the office in my barong tagalog with hands tinted with paint.

All this is mental.

Yes of course. Pretty clear case of AMS. Strange how the stories are mostly alike, starting with the hobby at a young age, putting it aside when girls are discovered and then going back to it when you have the funds to splurge on it. I remember using Duco cement as a kid. When I was assembling a 1/48th plane, the instructions said to put some weight on the nose so it wouldn't be a tail sitter. Of course, I glued a rock inside the nose cone with a generous dollop of Duco cement (the more the merrier right?). The next day I found that the nose on the tabletop, looking as if it had gone limp, thanks to all the Duco cement.