Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

This must be at Lil'l Makati? I checked out the Megamall branch but the tank was not yet on display.

Anyway, I ended up at Special Toy Center in Virra Mall and saw the DML M1A1. The box was attractive and bigger than the Tamiya version. Needless to say, I succumbed to temptation (as always) and bought the kit. Impressive is the first word I could think of upon opening the box...... the best part of modelling that I enjoy!

Hopefully, the fit will be Tamiya-quality.

Yessir! This is at Lil's Makati. How much was Winston selling the DML M1A1? I got mine from Lil's at 1K. The best part of modeling for me is fondling the plastic.

Yessir! This is at Lil's Makati. How much was Winston selling the DML M1A1? I got mine from Lil's at 1K. The best part of modeling for me is fondling the plastic.

Now I feel dumb! I got the M1A1 at P1,250. I sort of had a feeling it would be cheaper at Lil's. Anyway, to average out, I will get my next one at Megamall.

hi doc...you know me .....btw i got two new battleships - the tirpitz and bismark from that nice hobby shop in harrison plaza.....rock on...doc...

Hahaha ikaw pala yan hahaha! I like your handle, Sgt. Rock was one of my favorite comic book heroes when I was a kid. Never lost my interest for anything military. Next time you go to Harrison Plaza say hi to Natalie for me. Did you get the Tamiya ships or the new Chinese brand kits? Looking forward to your pix sir!

You're correct as usual Master, so whenever I get the urge I just look for one of my kits and just fondle the plastic. I need a life.

Like the Master said, the other models are more expensive. But why does it feel better?

Plastics???nice Idea I think I just get the plastic one from asia....hehehehehehe

Plastics???nice Idea I think I just get the plastic one from asia....hehehehehehe

Master, can I borrow it after you're done? I would just like to check it for scale accuracy hehehe so please wipe it down first would you? Incidentally, I am also looking for non-vinyl female semi-nude figures, preferably in 1/16th or 120mm scale. It must be in styrene so I can modify it and must be big enough so I can be very subtle in painting the flesh tones. Thanks in advance Master.

Master, can I borrow it after you're done? I would just like to check it for scale accuracy hehehe so please wipe it down first would you? Incidentally, I am also looking for non-vinyl female semi-nude figures, preferably in 1/16th or 120mm scale. It must be in styrene so I can modify it and must be big enough so I can be very subtle in painting the flesh tones. Thanks in advance Master.

Looking for a tight one ic....still prefer 1:1 scale....hehehehehehe

Try mo sa Special Toys. Madami sila doon na Gunze Sangyo items. Baka may Mr. Cement. Try mo rin sa Harrison Plaza o sa Makati Cinema Square.

I already went to Special Toys in Greenhills and they were out of stock... I'll check Harrison Plaza and Makati Cinema Square... could you tell me where the shops are located??

Edited by Phrozhen.Khold
I already went to Special Toys in Greenhills and they were out of stock... I'll check Harrison Plaza and Makati Cinema Square... could you tell me where the shops are located??

Makati Cinema Square: 1st floor, beside Brochiere. From the Pasong Tamo Plaza Fair entrance, turn right and up the stairs. Brochiere is the store on the right as you enter, then the next store on the right is Models & Hobbies.

Harrison Plaza: It's been years since I last went here, but the store should be in the 2nd floor of the western wing of HP. Pizza Hut used to be on the 1st floor of the West wing, but now I'm not sure if it's still there. Anyway, on the 2nd floor, it's one of the stores in the middle. Just look around. I think it's near the center railing.

Dr. P, maybe you can give better directions to HP.

If you can't find any Mr. Cement, you can still use the Tamiya thin cement. Just add a little more with the brush, and wait a few seconds before attaching the parts together.

Edited by floppydrive
Makati Cinema Square: 1st floor, beside Brochiere. From the Pasong Tamo Plaza Fair entrance, turn right and up the stairs. Brochiere is the store on the right as you enter, then the next store on the right is Models & Hobbies.

Harrison Plaza: It's been years since I last went here, but the store should be in the 2nd floor of the western wing of HP. Pizza Hut used to be on the 1st floor of the West wing, but now I'm not sure if it's still there. Anyway, on the 2nd floor, it's one of the stores in the middle. Just look around. I think it's near the center railing.

If you can't find any Mr. Cement, you can still use the Tamiya thin cement. Just add a little more with the brush, and wait a few seconds before attaching the parts together.

Thanks... I already tried using the tamiya cement in the pic shown... but the problem is... its really too thin... meaning the 'parting line' still shows after I applied a generous amount already... :thumbsdownsmiley:

Yes I saw that article. The plain aluminum foil he used was the cheapest kind, so it would be really thin. I was thinking of using the foil that comes with chocnut to BMF a jet because I remembered using it to cover coins and rub it against the hair to make it appear bare metal. Problem is I'll surely get fat from eating all that chocnut. Is there anything available locally that works like Micro Mark's Foll Adhesive?

Personally, sanay ako sa medyo maruming finish, as in tanks and other armour kits or airplanes but not metal finish. the few that I've made, I just spray on a metallic paint then buff it or use a very fine abrasive so I've really never had a real metal finish. I just tried Alclad II on one, but this is basically spray on, lang. I've bought bmf sa hp before and haven't seen Micro Mark's Foil Adhesive. Can you thin rugby?

You're right about the West Wing of the second floor if you mean the side closest to the Bangko Sentral. The store's name is NM Hobbies and the proprietor is Natalie, Roel's wife (Roel manages Hobbies and Comics in Makati Cinema Square). I would think Winston's Special Toy Store would have this since he normally stocks a lot of Gunze products.

Thanks... I already tried using the tamiya cement in the pic shown... but the problem is... its really too thin... meaning the 'parting line' still shows after I applied a generous amount already... :thumbsdownsmiley:

Sometimes the visible join line is due to the mismatch of the parts of the plastic. The best way to apply Tamiya Extra Thin cement is to first dry fit the pieces together to make sure the parts fit well. Sometimes a very light sanding of the surfaces to be joined will help the cement adhere to the plastic. Once you have a good fit, attach the parts together with a rubber band or a clip and then apply the extra thin cement with the excellent applicator brush on the join line. You can use the hobby knife to pry open a small opening and let the cement run by capillary action all along the line. Even with a good join, it is still necessary to sand the joint and if necessary, to use putty to hide it. Dealing with seam lines, especially in aircraft fuseleges is a fact of life in scale modeling. No matter how perfect the fit, it will always appear so the mark of an expert is making sure the seam lines do not appear in the model where seam lines are not present on the real thing. Eventually you will develop your own technique but mine is to use extra thin cement, sand, putty, sand, putty....

Personally, sanay ako sa medyo maruming finish, as in tanks and other armour kits or airplanes but not metal finish. the few that I've made, I just spray on a metallic paint then buff it or use a very fine abrasive so I've really never had a real metal finish. I just tried Alclad II on one, but this is basically spray on, lang. I've bought bmf sa hp before and haven't seen Micro Mark's Foil Adhesive. Can you thin rugby?

I think Alclad II is excellent. I've seen kits done in Alclad and the finish is very good. I've thought of using rugby and my chemist friend says you can thin it with dry cleaning fluid. I haven't tried this yet though.

check mo sa isetan recto and sta cruz.............

Ano meron dun Master? May hobby shops din?