Who Is Into Scale Modelling?

coolestboy

actually i already made kalas pala to the compressor what i found out is ung gears pala natanggal so ung problem di ko mabuksan ung gear box so un wala palang nagaayos ng compressor bad trip naman any idea how much a compressor for the tamiya sprayworks airbrush would cost? budget ko sana 1k

wow thnx that would be very helpful if ever that happens pero sana compatible buy ko sya if compatible :cool:

wow thnx that would be very helpful if ever that happens pero sana compatible buy ko sya if compatible :cool:

I think what floppydrive meant was he would ask his friend if he could give the gearbox on his old Tamiya Sprayworks compressor to you so that there would be no compatibility issues.

The weekend is here, time to try again to bludgeon my Zvezda T-26 into submission.

What do you use to thin Italeri White Stucco? I tried acetone but it doesn't mix well with the stucco producing a very grainy putty that won't really stick anywhere except on your hands. It looks OK with Tamiya cement but the cement is too expensive to use as a thinning medium. Will lacquer thinner work?

sorry for the picture quality. just took this one with my camphone

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/6034/picture0026dk8.jpg

anyway, do you see the color for voltron's shield and sword? is that silver painted on? what's it called and where can i buy that stuff? i need this because i have this other toy where it's silver is worn out or some of it has come off so thanks for helping :D

Bummer! Mahahalata ng judge yan! Any chance of finding it? Vacuum or sweep under everything?

I'm sure it will turn up - probably a few months from now when I've abandoned the kit. I've always believed that there is a plastic part bermuda triangle where important bits go for certain periods of time only to reappear once again in the most obvious places where you've sworn that you've gone over with a flashlight ten times. Anyway, the other track that I've broken sucks big time so the T-26 will end up as another paint test wreck. Will start a new kit this weekend, maybe something that has wings... Thanks for the sympathy sir, I really just needed to rant. This time I will take in-progress pics. Maybe something that runs on rubber wheels instead... hmmmm.

I'm sure it will turn up - probably a few months from now when I've abandoned the kit. I've always believed that there is a plastic part bermuda triangle where important bits go for certain periods of time only to reappear once again in the most obvious places where you've sworn that you've gone over with a flashlight ten times. Anyway, the other track that I've broken sucks big time so the T-26 will end up as another paint test wreck. Will start a new kit this weekend, maybe something that has wings... Thanks for the sympathy sir, I really just needed to rant. This time I will take in-progress pics. Maybe something that runs on rubber wheels instead... hmmmm.

I know the frustration of lost parts, sir! I've had my share. I once lost the plastic canopy of a Y-wing. Had to scratch build one from hard plastic packaging material and some scraps of glass tint film.

Anyway, looking on the bright side (while waiting for the bermuda triangle to cough out the sprocket), you can use it in a diorama with a Panzer blowing it away, hitting the sprocket and mangling the tracks - hence the missing part and poor tracks, hehehe.

Good luck with your next kit, sir! Hope you complete it before the triangle opens up again.

I know the frustration of lost parts, sir! I've had my share. I once lost the plastic canopy of a Y-wing. Had to scratch build one from hard plastic packaging material and some scraps of glass tint film.

Anyway, looking on the bright side (while waiting for the bermuda triangle to cough out the sprocket), you can use it in a diorama with a Panzer blowing it away, hitting the sprocket and mangling the tracks - hence the missing part and poor tracks, hehehe.

Good luck with your next kit, sir! Hope you complete it before the triangle opens up again.

The diorama sounds good sir, it will force me to work with figures and painting faces in 1/35th again. Yes, I have a cheap set of German soldiers in early war uniforms... Thanks a lot sir, thanks!

Fellow modeller here, aircraft and choppers particularly but I also delve in other subjects every now and then. At present, almost all of the available cabinet spaces in our house are crammed full with unbuilt boxes of models which I've accumulated in the past 10 or more years, pissing-off the missus everytime I get home with another box to add to my collection. Funny thing is, the rigidity of my job now (plus two toddlers lurking around the workbench everytime I attempt to build) prevents me from ever building even a single model and yet, I couldn't resist buying one everytime I walk inside a hobby shop. I now feel that am somewhat afflicted with a rare disease of being addicted to plastics... is this normal guys or is it just me? :)

Fellow modeller here, aircraft and choppers particularly but I also delve in other subjects every now and then. At present, almost all of the available cabinet spaces in our house are crammed full with unbuilt boxes of models which I've accumulated in the past 10 or more years, pissing-off the missus everytime I get home with another box to add to my collection. Funny thing is, the rigidity of my job now (plus two toddlers lurking around the workbench everytime I attempt to build) prevents me from ever building even a single model and yet, I couldn't resist buying one everytime I walk inside a hobby shop. I now feel that am somewhat afflicted with a rare disease of being addicted to plastics... is this normal guys or is it just me? :)

I have armor, figures, aircraft and choppers plus the occasional car kit, all unbuilt and scattered throughout the house and the garage, all 800+ of them. You sound pretty normal to me.

Lil's at Parksquare has some Evergreen styrene sheets and rods. Roel also has some in his Toys and Hobbies shop at Makati Cinema Square.

Thanks Doc Pepper.

masilip nga yung "Roel's Shop" na yan.

Stop na ako mag model for 5 years na. :P im thinking of getting back to the hobby. apply ko modelling skills with my current R/C hobby.

anyone here collecting Dragon 1/144 aeroplanes?

Great detail in a small kit. I love their A-10 thunderbolt/warthog

BTW,

Thanks Doc Pepper.

masilip nga yung "Roel's Shop" na yan.

Stop na ako mag model for 5 years na. :P im thinking of getting back to the hobby. apply ko modelling skills with my current R/C hobby.

anyone here collecting Dragon 1/144 aeroplanes?

Great detail in a small kit. I love their A-10 thunderbolt/warthog

BTW,

You can also try the shop of Roel's wife, Natalie in the second floor of Harrison Plaza. She has more hard to find items there like brass rods, sculpey and alclad II paint. Right now I'm into collecting unbuilt model kits.

You can also try the shop of Roel's wife, Natalie in the second floor of Harrison Plaza. She has more hard to find items there like brass rods, sculpey and alclad II paint. Right now I'm into collecting unbuilt model kits.

Doc,

Do I sense a hint of resignation in your reply above? Come on, you can do it! Build! Build! Build!

Edited by floppydrive
Resistance is useless... The dark side of the force is too strong....

Classic or Hard to find unbuilt are really pricey once thier production is stopped. astig

Ipon mo lang sila. you will have tons of time to build them in the future. (i have 10 boxes still unopened) :P

Me mga ipms-phils. bac chapter member ba dito?

Yes there are, and I suppose there are also members from IPMS Philippines as well.

Great! More kits to add to my unbuilt collection!

Classic or Hard to find unbuilt are really pricey once thier production is stopped. astig

Ipon mo lang sila. you will have tons of time to build them in the future. (i have 10 boxes still unopened) :P

Kits are being reissued all the time, look at all the old Aurora kits being released under the Polar Lights label. As long as the molds are intact, kits can always be reissued. Anyway, I think my wife will the beneficiary for all these kits, by the time I have time to build them my eyes and motor coordination will be kaput.