Martial Arts

Corkscrew

Any muay thai gym in fairview or close to Shaw blvd? Im a taekwondo player but would like to transition to muay thai if I can find the time in my schedule.

Natkick has kickboxing classes in Lagro There is also a muay thai camp in Lagro as well.

In Shaw, Eclipse has MMA classes and also has a stuido where muay thai, boxing and kickboxing classes can be held.

Any muay thai gym in fairview or close to Shaw blvd? Im a taekwondo player but would like to transition to muay thai if I can find the time in my schedule.

I'm not familiar how close Fairview is to Commonwealth Ave. but there's a chapter of Muay Thai Association of the Philippines (MAP) in in the said area. It's called Muay Vallega Camp. It has produced 3 RP team members one of which won the gold medal in wai kru in the 2005 SEA Games.

If you're close to Shaw Blvd., then the best place to train is in Ultra. Its the Central gym of MAP, where the Philippine team trains, and they will be the one to train you.

It will be very easy to transition to muay thai if your background is TKD. The challenge is you have to change the way you do your kicks. Aside from using the shin as the point of impact, muay thai round house kicks are delivered dead legged style, there's no chambering, which is very unlike TKD kicks.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I practive and teach Hung gar Kuen,this is a southern chinese martial arts..

My lineage goes back to wong Fei Hung and further actually it goes back to fukien shaolin temple.

The style developed outside of shaolin though. My Teacher is Mark Houghton in hongkong whos a student of Lau Kar leung.

Lau Kar Leung is also a famous movie director and choreographer...my sibak,means uncle , is Gordon Liu (Lau Kar Fei)..hehe hes not my biological uncle but in chinese terms he would be my uncle..

In my youth I also practised Judo,Karate,kickboxing but from age of 14 I only practised chinese martial arts ..thats 23 years..

We practise now in Chinatown kong han athletic club..This is a very old school for Ngo Cho Kun but the head teacher let us train there as well since Im good friend with him...

i studied karate when i was 12, then transitioned to taekwondo, then enrolled under kay Presas sa IPMAF, later on aral ng konti ng gracie jiu jitsu. ngayon totally wala nang practice.

so far siguro the best out there in terms of fighting would be deftac pa rin? i'm not sure na, d na ko active eh. gusto ko nga sanang magtrain with the deftac peeps kaso there's this notion na puro mga tau gamma peeps lang daw ang welcome.

so far siguro the best out there in terms of fighting would be deftac pa rin? i'm not sure na, d na ko active eh. gusto ko nga sanang magtrain with the deftac peeps kaso there's this notion na puro mga tau gamma peeps lang daw ang welcome.

Where are you located to begin with?

i'm located in las pinas and is there any school here that teaches street fighting? I prefer that one that is not too expensive... para hindi out of the budget

TIA

naku ang layo mo bro, pero share ko na rin lang ito: merong nagge-get together na mga tao sa UP Diliman (sa DMST) every wednesdays and saturdays. 9 to 11pm ng gabi ata. I can't remember clearly about the details pero alam ko mixed martial arts ang tema nung grupo. tipong punta ka dun with any background tapos turuan na lang hanggang sa maisali kana nila sa mga URCC-type of competitions. Nag-P.E. ako dati ng wrestling sa UP, pagkatapos nung course ayun, inimbitahan ako nung isang UP wrestling club member na mag-attend. sayang di man lang ako naka-attend kahit isang session.

anyway, good luck! tip ko start out ka with judo, then haluan mo na.

What is the farthest you are willng to travel?

=========

not too far sir, I live near southmall. i come home from at 2PM

naku ang layo mo bro, pero share ko na rin lang ito: merong nagge-get together na mga tao sa UP Diliman (sa DMST) every wednesdays and saturdays. 9 to 11pm ng gabi ata. I can't remember clearly about the details pero alam ko mixed martial arts ang tema nung grupo. tipong punta ka dun with any background tapos turuan na lang hanggang sa maisali kana nila sa mga URCC-type of competitions. Nag-P.E. ako dati ng wrestling sa UP, pagkatapos nung course ayun, inimbitahan ako nung isang UP wrestling club member na mag-attend. sayang di man lang ako naka-attend kahit isang session.

anyway, good luck! tip ko start out ka with judo, then haluan mo na.

==========

malayo nga yun sir, and maaga ang pasok ko eh 5am so hindi ako pwede dun... pero sayang... maganda sana yun...