LRT And MRT Services

I also use the MRT and its not a great experience.

I only pay 14 pesos and its totally ridiculous and no economic sense. Mas mahal pa ang binabayad ko sa tricycycle.

The idea for our city trains is to supplant jeepneys and buses that got serious road traffic management issues. If government won't be careful, that purpose would be defeated. Fare rates are made cheap because it is priced for the wage earners and not for tourists. Increasing an overhead expense of wage-based households drastically lowers the quality of living of these people. Such price hikes also contribute to inflation and devaluation of the peso.

Edited by hit05

tamad ng mga guard nila hindi pa dumadating yung last train sinasara na nila ang gate telling us na hindi na kami aabot kahit may ticket kayo. kung hindi lang sila ang nag iisang monorail service sa pinas hinding hindi na ako sasakay sa kanila sa sobrang tamad at walang manners ng guard nila

Thanks God sana matuloy hindi lang puro PR!

Edsa rail line to add 73 coaches

By Gigi Muñoz David

Transportation Secretary Leandro Mendoza announced yesterday that management of Metro Rail Transit-3 will acquire 73 rail cars to expand the system amid increasing ridership.

In a briefing during the eighth anniversary of MRT-3 at its depot, he put the cost of purchase around $220 million.

Joining him were MRT administrator Roberto Lastimoso, Light Rail Transit Authority head Melquiades Robles, and Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board chief Thompson Lantion.

The Edsa line has 74 coaches equivalent to 23 trains.

Mendoza reckoned the present ridership has reached 530,000 a day from the 380,000, counted before the recent round of fuel price hikes.

Also in the options list, he said, are pre-owned units from First-World countries that are replenishing their rolling stocks.

“We are also taking into consideration the procurement of second-hand trains in European countries that has upgraded their rail system,” Mendoza said.

Since the oil prices continue to increase, commuters of Metro Manila and nearby localities are opting for the MRT and Light Railway Transit Lines 1 and 2 over their own vehicles and public transports, according to Mendoza.

Around 1.8 million passengers of MRT and LRT will be served with the closing of the loop, he said, noting that MRT-7 along Commonwealth to Bulacan would follow.

Edited by mister_mahilig
  • 3 weeks later...
Thanks God sana matuloy hindi lang puro PR!

Edsa rail line to add 73 coaches

By Gigi Muñoz David

Transportation Secretary Leandro Mendoza announced yesterday that management of Metro Rail Transit-3 will acquire 73 rail cars to expand the system amid increasing ridership.

In a briefing during the eighth anniversary of MRT-3 at its depot, he put the cost of purchase around $220 million.

Joining him were MRT administrator Roberto Lastimoso, Light Rail Transit Authority head Melquiades Robles, and Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board chief Thompson Lantion.

The Edsa line has 74 coaches equivalent to 23 trains.

Mendoza reckoned the present ridership has reached 530,000 a day from the 380,000, counted before the recent round of fuel price hikes.

Also in the options list, he said, are pre-owned units from First-World countries that are replenishing their rolling stocks.

“We are also taking into consideration the procurement of second-hand trains in European countries that has upgraded their rail system,” Mendoza said.

Since the oil prices continue to increase, commuters of Metro Manila and nearby localities are opting for the MRT and Light Railway Transit Lines 1 and 2 over their own vehicles and public transports, according to Mendoza.

Around 1.8 million passengers of MRT and LRT will be served with the closing of the loop, he said, noting that MRT-7 along Commonwealth to Bulacan would follow.

Finally some good news!

hopefully they do start adding trains... one time at ayala station sobrang puno na sa taas kasi ayaw nila papasukin sa platform yung mga tao dahil puno kasi 4 trains na daw ang hindi gumagana... para tuloy defeated ang purpose ng mass transit... walang problem kung mag increase sila ng fare as long as gumanda ang service... sa tricycle nga minimum 16 pesos sa 4kms...

sana yung millions (or billions) na ginagastos sa pink fences at useless u-turn slots ay ginamit na lang para sa pagbili ng additional trains... sabi nalulugi daw sila, e di sana gumawa sila ng paraan mara makabawi, mga oil companies nga niloloko na lang ang mga tao pero hindi pinipigilan ng gobyerno...

ive rode the LRT recently for 2 weeks since i had to go to manila doctors and visit my lola after my work at the fort. ive noticed that its easier to ride the LRT compared to MRT. mas maluwag ang mga carts ng LRT kesa sa MRT... an improvement to what I experienced when I was still in HS and rode the LRT to watch the NCAA at the rizal coliseum.

• 4 weeks later...

I live in QC and work in Makati. i do bring a car from time to time, but the most economical choice at the moment is the MRT... since my office is still yet to approve my gasoline allowance. Damn you!!! hehe

I wake up at 6am and catch the MRT at Trinoma before 7am because after that time... traffic na din sa pila. It's the only place where I feel like para akong nasa lata ng sardinas sa sikip!

There was one time that 3 trains passed us, so you could imagine the chaos, uproar, anger... malapit na magka riot! hehehe

The government SUCKS!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

share ko lang tong story ko this week sa MRT. haha nakakatuwa kasi.. my work starts at 8AM and usually i leave the house at 6-6:30am and would arrive at the MRT around 7AM. of course, its already a given that there would be a lot of people waiting and dying to ride the MRT. after patiently waiting, i was able box my way inside. when the cart i was riding reached cubao station, there were really a lot of people waiting, some irate and already impatient. suddenly one guy trying to get inside the cart from cubao used his umbrella and was telling the people inside to move it eventhough there was no more space inside. also, some other rowdy guys were trying to push their way in, crushing those near the cart's door. the unexpected happened when one of the guys inside the cart shouted "gumising at pumasok kasi kayo ng umaga kung gusto nyo makasakay agad. pakatok-katok pa kayo sa binta at naninindak jan. ako nga galing pang pampanga pero alam ko oras ko, gumigising ako umaga para di ako nagmamadali na parang tanga tulad nyo. perwisyo din kayo sa mga iniipit nyong tao dito sa loob. mahiya nga kayo!". i thought the guys outside would say something back but they were intimidated by what this guy said. i bet they realized that he has a point and they should really discipline themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Leviticus
share ko lang tong story ko this week sa MRT. haha nakakatuwa kasi.. my work starts at 8AM and usually i leave the house at 6-6:30am and would arrive at the MRT around 7AM. of course, its already a given that there would be a lot of people waiting and dying to ride the MRT. after patiently waiting, i was able box my way inside. when the cart i was riding reached cubao station, there were really a lot of people waiting, some irate and already impatient. suddenly one guy trying to get inside the cart from cubao used his umbrella and was telling the people inside to move it eventhough there was no more space inside. also, some other rowdy guys were trying to push their way in, crushing those near the cart's door. the unexpected happened when one of the guys inside the cart shouted "gumising at pumasok kasi kayo ng umaga kung gusto nyo makasakay agad. pakatok-katok pa kayo sa binta at naninindak jan. ako nga galing pang pampanga pero alam ko oras ko, gumigising ako umaga para di ako nagmamadali na parang tanga tulad nyo. perwisyo din kayo sa mga iniipit nyong tao dito sa loob. mahiya nga kayo!". i thought the guys outside would say something back but they were intimidated by what this guy said. i bet they realized that he has a point and they should really discipline themselves.

6:30 ba nagbubukas ang LRT?MRT?

• 3 weeks later...
The idea for our city trains is to supplant jeepneys and buses that got serious road traffic management issues. If government won't be careful, that purpose would be defeated. Fare rates are made cheap because it is priced for the wage earners and not for tourists. Increasing an overhead expense of wage-based households drastically lowers the quality of living of these people. Such price hikes also contribute to inflation and devaluation of the peso.

I agree. It is made to minimize or lessen the heavy traffic and keeping the cost within the daily budget of daily commuters. However, being exposed in the same situation everyday (mahabang pila, masikip pag rush hour), the government should even just try to come up with interventions or strategies para ma-lessen ang inconvenience ng pang-araw-araw na mrt operation for those working on regular office hours.

Sobrang sikip naman dito lage lalo na sa ayala grabe naman ung iba kala mo mauubusan ng tren

I assume around 5pm to 8pm ka sumasakay ng Ayala :P

ive rode the LRT recently for 2 weeks since i had to go to manila doctors and visit my lola after my work at the fort. ive noticed that its easier to ride the LRT compared to MRT. mas maluwag ang mga carts ng LRT kesa sa MRT... an improvement to what I experienced when I was still in HS and rode the LRT to watch the NCAA at the rizal coliseum.

True.. LRT is wider than MRT.

Sana nga kung magdadagdag ng carts ang MRT, mas maluwag na.

LRT : multi-FAIL!

MRT : MEGAFAIL!

you might be working dayshifts like most of them.

Whenver I see how the commuters look like sa MRT, I feel grateful at nightshift ako.

Edited by TheSmilingBandit

kanina super daming tao sa MRT. stop entry na. tapos dun sa may guadalupe station kanina may nagsapakan pa sa init ng mga ulo nila. hahahaha! mga pinoy talaga.. tsk tsk tsk!

pero tama yung sabi nung ibang mga matino sa loob na "pare-pareho lang tayong damay sa siksikan. wag mainit ulo. kung ayaw nyo ng ganto mag taxi or mag kotse kayo or umalis kayo ng maaga para konti pa tao"... may sense! :)

6:30 ba nagbubukas ang LRT?MRT?

5:45 AM pa lang ata bukas na MRT sir. 6:30AM mejo nagsisimula na dumami tao dun eh... hehehe! :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by TheSmilingBandit
  • 4 months later...

dapat lagyan nila ng railing yung sa Mrt para macontrol

yung pagpasok/pag labas ng passengers tapos maganda sana kung mapapaimplement yung eta ng train.

pag inabutan ako ng rush hour sa cubao iniisip ko na lang kmi nasa labas yung mga spartans eh parang 300

yung exsena..o kaya para kang nasa moshpit ng hardcore/punk gig :evil:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...